Breaking: New Pelupessy deal confirmed.

7 hours ago, JimmyMaC said:

The only reason I can see wed offer JoeyP a new deal,or take up the contract extension is,some dutch club was scouting him or theres been intrest from Holland and we can see, wait for it,wait for it,its a rare one...............

An INCOMING Transfer fee Monkmanface

Yes folks,thats INCOMMING,as in selling,not to be confused with our normal business of,Released,Retired,Broken beyond repair,given away,paid off/up,sold at a loss,sold at a big loss,sold at a mega loss,given away,contract paid up,doesnt speak to the manager so free transfer.

No I reckon some looney dutch club want him to play his 10 touches per game follow someone better about style/brand of low contact,get out of the way,safe passing mode style  of football.

I could be wrong of course,then we really are stuffed up the rear entry point,where only a wifes strap on fantasy goes!

There’s more chance of getting a transfer fee for Ozzie Owl than Pelupessy 

Based on the fact that I don't think he's entirely as bad as people make out, in the Championship. However, I don't think he's quite at the level. I think he would be solid but unspectacular in league 1, which I'm not saying is a 'pub league' - but is certainly not as high quality as the championship either.

10 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I don’t get this “he will be ok in league one” rubbish.

League one is not a pub league.

you are still required to tackle, pass to your own players, shoot, and actually touch the ball in that league.

We have been caught out before thinking because we are Wednesday that other teams would roll over for us in League 1 and each time it was a real struggle getting back to the Championship and had some embarrassing performances before hand.
I don't think Pelepussy would be any good in League 1 either. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

We have been caught out before thinking because we are Wednesday that other teams would roll over for us in League 1 and each time it was a real struggle getting back to the Championship and had some embarrassing performances before hand.
I don't think Pelepussy would be any good in League 1 either. 

Yep, we've done the billy big gonads we're Sheffield Wednesday & it doesn't work. Going down of our own accord or being relegated via point deduction would be an absolute disaster for us. Nothing can give me any sattisfaction for going down. It's a damn hard league to get out of. We've been there, and failed before. The p1gs spent 6 years in it before they got damn lucky with Wilderness who got the right players who could do what was needed. 

For me, players like JP are NOT what we need and I can't see any logic in extending his contract save one thing. Cover, and cover only. 8 starts suggests Monk equally can't rate him either. There will be hundreds of players available this Summer and one or two will have the ability to step up and make the grade. Lets hope we're already in there watching them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Would be okay in league 1, so could well be useful

league one is probably a more physical league that the Championship, he would get bullied and pushed of the ball so easily. He really is one of the worse places I can remember. 

• Like 1

The two times we got promoted from league one, we required a complete clear out of the squad.

We would need the same this time around.

Joey P would be as much use in league one as he is in the Championship.

The fact we've seen fit to renew his contract does not bode well. Either Monk is an idiot or the club are taking these decisions out of his hand. 

What a shambles. Honestly, I've enjoyed the last three months. Not having to think about this sh*show has been good for the soul.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

The two times we got promoted from league one, we required a complete clear out of the squad.

The fact we've seen fit to renew his contract does not bode well. Either Monk is an idiot or the club are taking these decisions out of his hand. 

What a shambles. Honestly, I've enjoyed the last three months. Not having to think about this sh*show has been good for the soul.

Said this yesterday. If we’ve learned anything from L1 it’s that the team you go down with isn’t the one that will get you back up. Plus if we did go down I’m sure Pelupessy would be classed as a high earned in L1. Its terrible terrible business. 

23 hours ago, SiJ said:

Or, Monk sees him as a good character to have around, knows he'll never be a regular starter but knows he's good for the group and one of the few players we have who he thinks has the right attitude?

On 03/06/2020 at 23:39, WalthamOwl said:

Be interesting what Monk would say if asked why he has got an extension. Probably something along the lines of Pessy has got a great attitude. Absolutely nothing about anything positive he provides on the pitch because the fact is he doesn’t. 

And what is the problem if that is the reason? It's a 25 man squad, not an 11 man one? I think most our fans were happy for Semedo to be a squad player because of his influence on the group. Just because Pelupessy doesn't have a history of been a regular for us, doesn't mean he can't have a positive impact that we don't see in the dressing room or on younger players.

It's well known that Monk thinks our group of players is rotten, I think it's a big endorsement of Pelupessy that he's been given an extension. 

11 minutes ago, Carbone said:

And what is the problem if that is the reason? It's a 25 man squad, not an 11 man one? I think most our fans were happy for Semedo to be a squad player because of his influence on the group. Just because Pelupessy doesn't have a history of been a regular for us, doesn't mean he can't have a positive impact that we don't see in the dressing room or on younger players.

It's well known that Monk thinks our group of players is rotten, I think it's a big endorsement of Pelupessy that he's been given an extension. 

the fact is he is a shambles on the pitch. Can you think of anything positive he brings to us when playing? Does he score? Create chances? Win tackles? Close people down? Yes our squad is rotten but we don’t want players just because they are nice individuals, I would also say our squad is too weak and nice, we need winners, playing that offer us something on the pitch. Pelupessy is one of the worst players we have had in many years. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Guest Mcguigan
On 03/06/2020 at 22:33, poite said:

And this is the reality of the absolute mess our owner has put us in. 

We are having to give the likes of Pelupessy a new deal purely because we won't be able to replace him with a transfer embargo hanging over our heads. 

Correct, even with the small profit we made due to the stadium sale, we are still sailing very close if not over the allowable limits for the rolling three year accounting period.

We’ll be in the Pelupessy quality range of player for a few more seasons yet.

19 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Correct, even with the small profit we made due to the stadium sale, we are still sailing very close if not over the allowable limits for the rolling three year accounting period.

We’ll be in the Pelupessy quality range of player for a few more seasons yet.

And yet people will still stick up for DC and say it’s not his fault. I don’t know what has to actually happen for some people to realise what he is doing to this club. if we get docked points I’m sure some will blame the EFL and not DC.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

the fact is he is a shambles on the pitch. Can you think of anything positive he brings to us when playing? Does he score? Create chances? Win tackles? Close people down? Yes our squad is rotten but we don’t want players just because they are nice individuals, I would also say our squad is too weak and nice, we need winners, playing that offer us something on the pitch. Pelupessy is one of the worst players we have had in many years. 

I think you’re missing the point that a squad is 25 players, not just the 14 players you’ll see at 3pm on a Saturday. You won’t find any squad in any league where all 25 players play regularly, ones that don’t are either frozen out, injured or kept because they are a good influence. Not every player in the 25 is going to be a regular and I’m sure Monk and Pelupessy know this, but it is good to have positive characters around, if the majority of the squad is deemed as poisonous. 

If you’ve read what Monk and Jos have said about the group, I don’t think the issue is people being nice, rather it’s a rotten group that needs breaking up.

Edited by Carbone
  • Like 1