Latest Plans on Finishing The Season

2 hours ago, prowl said:

That's a cop out. If they relaxed lockdown rules at the beginning of this week infections will increase on the first day. That won't be obvious because it takes about a week for people to become symptomatic.

Maybe, it's what they said not me.

But lockdown relaxed slightly from the 13 May..( though looking at pictures of London Transport you would think back to normal)  Anyhow, the data that has been used has shown increases/decreases in infection not hospitalisation.

So I would think increase in infections would begin to show from 21 May, gaining throughout the following week.

The gov said if sufficient progress is made...no idea if progress, means kept at present levels or lower. If infection rates go up a week or so later than 21 May, football will be shut down again.

Cop out maybe, or a stfu to the prem..we'll let you know..

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

But lockdown relaxed slightly from the 13 May..( though looking at pictures of London Transport you would think back to normal)  Anyhow, the data that has been used has shown increases/decreases in infection not hospitalisation.

So I would think increase in infections would begin to show from 21 May, gaining throughout the following week.

The gov said if sufficient progress is made...no idea if progress, means kept at present levels or lower. If infection rates go up a week or so later than 21 May, football will be shut down again.

I was commenting on what they said rather than anything you said. I apologise if that wasn't clear.

The reality is they will need until the middle of June to get a handle on which direction things are going. In reality it will only get worse as restrictions are released. I don't know what it's like in your area but round here people now think everything is back to normal. In most situations social distancing has gone out of the window.

My concern is that the moves to open football is driven by money rather than science. If it is just STFU to the Premiership I'm all for it.

I've noticed the Italian gov. have done similar but set for 13 June and only conditional...

I believe we were /are 2-weeks behind Italy..so I would have thought a more pretend realistic date for us would be end of June.

Can't see it happening imho, until at least September if at all. The players haven't even been asked yet...

2 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Thing is we've never really been in a lockdown. We called it that but it wasn't

Other countries first phase of coming out is akin to our fully blown lockdown..

Football won't start up. Particularly in the EFL

PL will no doubt give it a go until something happens, which is inevitable, then it'll be off again.

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Culture secretary says gov are opening the door for professional football to resume in June. Absolutely shocking decision imo while there are so many deaths still happening every day. 

they may have well said, football is going to get the season finished so everybody can get their payout and see sky happy and oh, b*llocks to the fans.

Project Restart’ – as clubs have branded their proposal to get the season back under way – initially was working towards a return to action on the weekend of June 12.

However, the target date for a return is now set to be put back at least a week until June 19

It ain't gonna happen imo...not in June at any rate

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Thing is we've never really been in a lockdown. We called it that but it wasn't

Other countries first phase of coming out is akin to our fully blown lockdown..

Football won't start up. Particularly in the EFL

PL will no doubt give it a go until something happens, which is inevitable, then it'll be off again.

You’re probably right, get two or three games played which will confirm the Scousers as Champions and that’ll be it.

A fair few folks will be heading back to work next month, some have already gone back, we have to spend about 8 hours working along side work colleagues with little or no testing whatsoever. 

These footballers will be getting tested regularly, I'm sure they will cope playing football for 90 minutes a couple of days per week. 

14 minutes ago, bradowl said:

A fair few folks will be heading back to work next month, some have already gone back, we have to spend about 8 hours working along side work colleagues with little or no testing whatsoever. 

These footballers will be getting tested regularly, I'm sure they will cope playing football for 90 minutes a couple of days per week. 

Jeeeeeus

Would you send your asthmatic grandma out to join in with them too?

Owlstalk Shop

52 minutes ago, bradowl said:

These folks shouldn't really be working if they can't do safe social distancing, footballers will be in very close contact in competitive games. 

Guest wilyfox
46 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Until the government says that you can hug a stranger

Football should not restart.

Overrated, and got me in way too much trouble in the past. 

17 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Overrated, and got me in way too much trouble in the past. 

You must have been doing it wrong! 

3 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Project Restart’ – as clubs have branded their proposal to get the season back under way – initially was working towards a return to action on the weekend of June 12.

However, the target date for a return is now set to be put back at least a week until June 19

It ain't gonna happen imo...not in June at any rate

Which then brings the June 30th contract expiry issue in to play, as there is no way all the remaining fixtures will be finished by then and no way that players whose contracts expire this year, will essentially give up their July severance pay. If matches go in to July, and the out-of-contract players play, then that is what I believe will happen.

The whole thing is a right mess and there is no clear way forward that suits all leagues.

57 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

33 people test positive out of 11000....so a 1/400 chance and for those under 45 year old unlucky enough to be the 1 in 400 there chance of dyeing Is a nerve jangling 1 in 100000. Its a bloody con!

I must have missed that report. I'm very sceptical about a lot of the test results bandied about because of the quality of the tests. Please can you provide a link so I can have a look at the details.

11 minutes ago, prowl said:

I must have missed that report. I'm very sceptical about a lot of the test results bandied about because of the quality of the tests. Please can you provide a link so I can have a look at the details.

No idea how to post a link but 1 in 400 on today’s bbc and 1 in 100000 yesterday’s guardian...given that neither of these media outlets are shy of making a mountain of a molehill it just goes to show what a farce this has been. Asking young healthy footballers to play football in empty stadiums is not akin to going over the top at the Somme as many would like to portray it. 

Edited by kobayashi