Moses Odubajo "I'm looking to make amends"

Moses Odubajo Sheffield Wednesday.jpeg

Sheffield Wednesday's Moses Odubajo has pledged to come back stronger from his shaky start at the Owls.

“This has been a hard transition (joining Wednesday). I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t,” said Odubajo.

"As athletes, we have to adjust to that and things haven’t clicked mentally for me with the new team but it’s something that I’m working on and trying to rectify. If the season does carry on or if it is next season, I’m looking to make amends."

“If you’ve not been in good form, then the fans see that and let you know about it.

"It’s part of the job. It comes with training and playing with a big club, and you have to take that on the chin and make it motivate us.

"I probably didn’t realise (responding to criticism) was one of my strengths really until lockdown has happened and it has made me realise that I have been through a lot and this is another stepping stone in my career.

"At some point, the fans will realise that they have a good player on their hands rather than thinking, ‘Why have they signed this guy?’."

Odubajo has regained full fitness after suffering a hamstring problem, and remains defiant in his plan to turn around his Wednesday career

He said: "I just want to get back to enjoying the game again and I feel like I will do at some point. Once I do, the best will show and everything else will come. When I’m enjoying my game, I show my best."

Owlstalk Shop

Guest wilyfox

Good luck to him. I hope he can turn it round here. He hasn't been good enough, and he knows it. I respect a player taking responsibility for his own form, but not groans about large crowds and pressure. That's what they sign up to. Crack on and rediscover your Hull form. 

4 minutes ago, Bakewell Owl said:

more than happy when i found out he was joining us, hope he takes this as a fresh start

Hope our fans offer him that too.

Would be good if Wednesday fans didn't write him off permanently just yet, and that we are savvy enough to give him the opportunity to settle and grow at SWFC

Owlstalk Shop

If this was by say, Urhogide, I think the above would be well received. At 26 years old going on 27 though I have to question why a player with over 200 professional appearances is still making silly schoolboy errors. He should be in/approaching his prime now so I think the obvious conclusion is 'not good enough for this level'.

Would be interesting to see how Monk reacts to this but I suspect he's already had a few chances this season and the exit door beckons before next season.

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 12.05.42.jpg

3 minutes ago, Marc_Degryse said:

If this was by say, Urhogide, I think the above would be well received. At 26 years old going on 27 though I have to question why a player with over 200 professional appearances is still making silly schoolboy errors. He should be in/approaching his prime now so I think the obvious conclusion is 'not good enough for this level'.

Looking at the games he's played in we seem to have done ok

He just needs to start again at SWFC and cut out the silly errors

With his attitude I'm hoping he can do this and turn into a star at our club

Owlstalk Shop

There's one glaring omission from That article,Monk told him he is/was free to find another club,seems to me,he's hoping for a change of mind re Monk,rather than anything he (Odubajo) says or does.

I hope there's room for Moses in the team going forwards,but i wouldn't bet on it.

Whether Monk told him he could leave or not (I’m pretty sure he did), we may not have a choice considering the number of players who are going to leave and how little money we’ll have to spend in Summer/whenever the transfer markets are opened. We’re going to have to keep players like Moses, Uroghide, Borner, Harris, Luongo, Fox, Palmer and Fletcher and build around them because it looks inevitable that Lees, Bannan, Forestieri, Lee, Hutchinson, Winnall and Westwood (and hopefully Rhodes) are out of the door.

I like Moses, and I really want it to work for him here. He’s looked unconvincing at RB of course but I reckon Bruce signed Moses to act as a RWB moreso than as a static RB, and we know how all that turned out.

9 minutes ago, Wor’Jackie said:

Whether Monk told him he could leave or not (I’m pretty sure he did), we may not have a choice considering the number of players who are going to leave and how little money we’ll have to spend in Summer/whenever the transfer markets are opened. We’re going to have to keep players like Moses, Uroghide, Borner, Harris, Luongo, Fox, Palmer and Fletcher and build around them because it looks inevitable that Lees, Bannan, Forestieri, Lee, Hutchinson, Winnall and Westwood (and hopefully Rhodes) are out of the door.

I like Moses, and I really want it to work for him here. He’s looked unconvincing at RB of course but I reckon Bruce signed Moses to act as a RWB moreso than as a static RB, and we know how all that turned out.

Be surprised if we get shot of bannan, westwood and rhodes as they are still in contract ...not sure about lees  contract situation  .

Brave enough to acknowledge his shaky start and he’s now put pressure on himself to say there’s better things to come. Good luck to him and I hope he’s going to get better, just needs a bit more confidence and consistency. 

Just now, bladeshater said:

Proof is in the pudding  let's see the commitment and the improvement odubajo

The proof of what is in the pudding? I know you like to be brief but sometimes brevity is inappropriate and annoying. 

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.