Thank you Mr chansiri

Guest LittleG
51 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

If your going to be s know it all you got to have your facts right or you look a right plonker

You're

22 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I answered this? He’s trying to agree deferrals with players? Which I would have hoped would have allowed him to pay the staff without going to government first. 

You stated he could furlough the players, like it’s purely down to him. Which I questioned.

Then you say he’s trying to agree deferrals, which aren’t the same thing. 

Your posts are confusing.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am not saying this is a bad thing from the club as they didnt have to do it but we are still taking tax payers money at a time if national crisis when first team players getting full whack of an average of £1m per year.

Would have much more praise if players had pay cut (after tax) so didnt have to furlough staff on tax payers expense.

Some people criticise him for just being there dont they? Its up to the players what they do with there wages!

Frankly it would serve the players right if football never started again in a professional capacity.  I know some of them made donations to charity but it has not been disclosed how much.  My bet would be most donations are a very small percentage of their vast salaries.

As others have said, the whole profession needs a complete re-set after this.  Ideally get rid of the greedy agents who are nothing more than parasites.

I must admit I haven't missed football as much as I thought I would.  Maybe some people might be the same and may not return in such numbers next season.

Guest mkowl
2 hours ago, 0114 said:

Happy to accept I’m wrong on the agreeing. Still don’t understand why some clubs have done it though.

Won’t ever agree with multi millionaires using government money to pay people and being praised for doing so. Think this whole situation has shown the greed that football has become. 

Tbf I don't disagree but I suggest not conflating the issues. 

The key aspect is that people who would otherwise have been made redundant still get paid. So that is the main box to tick

The fact that DC is using Govt money to do so - it's a bit different to Man U et al that have revenues of plus 100m just from TV 

DC as we know funds these players wages primarily out of his own pocket. 

So he is simply reducing that cash outgoing a bit - not money just sat there 

Guest mkowl

And think about it from another angle if you were putting in about a million a month, probably more now due to zero other revenues, to cover players wages who are sat there doing nothing. 

38 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

You stated he could furlough the players, like it’s purely down to him. Which I questioned.

Then you say he’s trying to agree deferrals, which aren’t the same thing. 

Your posts are confusing.

I never said furloughing players was the one and only option.

Furloughing staff is the right thing for the Club to do, especially if it means individuals have some income, at least for a while.  The sad reality is that whilst top players receive full pay, ordinary folk have no choice but to accept furlough to ensure they have short term income.  Before the furlough scheme ends, many firms will be starting the consultation period to make people redundant.  

Going forwards there must be a total readjustment as to how football operates with wage caps etc.

24 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

But as I pointed out , you said he (DC) could furlough the players, which I questioned. 

I didn’t mention furloughing players in the post you quoted. You asked if he could cut wages, I said he can using deferrals. I thought furlough was an option but as above another poster corrected me on this. Maybe quote the correct post in future. 

14 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I didn’t mention furloughing players in the post you quoted. You asked if he could cut wages, I said he can using deferrals. I thought furlough was an option but as above another poster corrected me on this. Maybe quote the correct post in future. 

Seems like a lot of people have to correct you.

You’ve said in this thread that DC could furlough players. Have a look on page one, halfway down.

You said he can cut wages- can he ? Without consultation- can he.

I suggest you get all your facts in order before posting.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Seems like a lot of people have to correct you.

You’ve said in this thread that DC could furlough players. Have a look on page one, halfway down.

You said he can cut wages- can he ? Without consultation- can he.

I suggest you get all your facts in order before posting.

I have talked about furlough! And was corrected.

But in the post you quote, I never mention furlough, and the only question you ask is if he can cut wages to which I said I he can with deferrals. 

I can accept when I’m wrong, in this instance I am not. You never spoke of furlough! Quote the post I wrote about furlough if that’s what you wish to discuss.

Plus it is not your right to dictate who can or can not post. I was wrong about something earlier and am big enough to hold my hands up and accept it. Doesn’t mean I can’t still have my say or opinion on things about the matter.