Thank you Mr chansiri

37 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Well yes it is. Chansiri could furlough the players. Chansiri is also the one that agreed to pay them such unsustainable wages. 

Name me another club in the top 2 divisions that have done this? If it was that easy it would have been done plain and simple. The PFA are the ones who you should be taking aim at not the Chairman 

30 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Stop it with the facts when the Chairman Bashers are about pal. You will get called out for stating them

If you and your employer both agree, your employer might be able to keep you on the payroll if they’re unable to operate or have no work for you to do because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This is known as being ‘on furlough’.

For those who like facts 

Edited by soldierboyblue
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

Name me another club in the top 2 divisions that have done this? If it was that easy it would have been done plain and simple. The PFA are the ones who you should be taking aim at not the Chairman 

Millwall 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Sorry you have not read the law on this. The employer can seek to place employees on furlough.

Categorically the employee has to agree to the change in the contract.

The HMRC guidance is fairly categorically on this 

I suggest you read it

Happy to accept I’m wrong on the agreeing. Still don’t understand why some clubs have done it though.

Won’t ever agree with multi millionaires using government money to pay people and being praised for doing so. Think this whole situation has shown the greed that football has become. 

Just now, 0114 said:

Happy to accept I’m wrong on the agreeing. Still don’t understand why some clubs have done it though.

Won’t ever agree with multi millionaires using government money to pay people and being praised for doing so. Think this whole situation has shown the greed that football has become. 

I agree with that post 

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

Google isn’t your strong point along with factual information 

Because I haven’t googled anything, maybe I should! I read a few weeks ago Millwall was to be first Championship club too furlough players. Didn’t realise their had been a U-turn. So I didn’t exactly make something up. 

2 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

I don't think many, if any of the part time, match day staff are reliant on their pay to get through this. In most cases it will be pocket money.

That’s a sweeping statement - I’m glad your here to speak on behalf of match day staff 

37 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Because I haven’t googled anything, maybe I should! I read a few weeks ago Millwall was to be first Championship club too furlough players. Didn’t realise their had been a U-turn. So I didn’t exactly make something up. 

If your going to be s know it all you got to have your facts right or you look a right plonker

Guest The Claw

Furloughing players using tax payers money, then using the saved dosh to buy players when the season restarts will cause the appropriate amount of bolloccks 

Edited by The Claw

1 minute ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Is he allowed to cut players money. How do you know he’s not asked them ? 

They are trying to agree deferrals. I just don’t think we should be furloughing non-playing staff while continuing to pay players in full. Many teams are being criticised for this, not just Sheffield Wednesday. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 0114 said:

They are trying to agree deferrals. I just don’t think we should be furloughing non-playing staff while continuing to pay players in full. Many teams are being criticised for this, not just Sheffield Wednesday. 

So back to my first question, is DC allowed to cut SWFC players wages.

15 hours ago, fatbloke no1 said:

I work as a turnstile operator,we have had an unexpected email from club saying we have been furloughed,Mr chansiri as kindly agreed to pay extra 20 percent.Thankyou wasn't expecting anything.

My job is the same and I work for a rather large company, I too was very surprised.

Nice to know there are some good guys left in this world.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

So back to my first question, is DC allowed to cut SWFC players wages.

I answered this? He’s trying to agree deferrals with players? Which I would have hoped would have allowed him to pay the staff without going to government first. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Not without their consent as MK has shown. Unless he wants to risk losing assets, to breach of contract, we'd like to retain at least.

What would be great would for the players to take a voluntary cut which could possibly be used to pay the other staff without reliance on the furlough scheme.

Given the relative enormity of most player's salaries there'd possibly be some left over for a donation to Covid related good causes to boot.

In the absence of such player/club agreement I think DOc's actions are to be applauded.

Well done Mr.C 

I think it’s a good thing that DC has topped up salaries for non paying staff.

Also, even better that one if the staff is coming out and confirming it.

Its a nightmare situation for all leisure and non essential organisations and their staff. Unfortunately, “football” has dug itself into a hole over the last 20 years, the greed that it has encouraged is going to be a very expensive lesson for many clubs.