Thank you Mr chansiri

Guest timrud

He is a good chairman - he has got things wrong but you do see him trying to learn and improve. We are lucky to have him

6 hours ago, 0114 said:

How is this a good thing? Using tax payers money to pay everyday staff while continuing to pay players obscene amounts in full doesn’t sit with me.

It's his fiduciary duty to protect the club taking the furlough is good business sense 

6 hours ago, 0114 said:

How is this a good thing? Using tax payers money to pay everyday staff while continuing to pay players obscene amounts in full doesn’t sit with me.

The answer to anything relating to what the public has to pay for is simply to get Amazon, Facebook etc all to just pay their taxes.

If the huge businesses out there paid their taxes in this country we wouldn't even have to worry about stuff like this cos the country would be minted.

Owlstalk Shop

33 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I have talked about furlough! And was corrected.

But in the post you quote, I never mention furlough, and the only question you ask is if he can cut wages to which I said I he can with deferrals. 

I can accept when I’m wrong, in this instance I am not. You never spoke of furlough! Quote the post I wrote about furlough if that’s what you wish to discuss.

Plus it is not your right to dictate who can or can not post. I was wrong about something earlier and am big enough to hold my hands up and accept it. Doesn’t mean I can’t still have my say or opinion on things about the matter. 

Where have I said who can and can’t post. 

34 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The answer to anything relating to what the public has to pay for is simply to get Amazon, Facebook etc all to just pay their taxes.

If the huge businesses out there paid their taxes in this country we wouldn't even have to worry about stuff like this cos the country would be minted.

Your right about those sort of companies. But that’s in a perfect world.

But specifically football related, I just don’t feel it’s right when in 2 months time these teams will be wanting to bid millions for players yet can’t afford to cover the cost of their non playing staff, when in reality the wage budget of non-playing staff will be minuscule in comparison to the players.

This is more than Sheffield Wednesday of course. I’ve seen many people such as Gary Neville and Preston manager Alex Neil calling for a transfer ban imposed on teams who furlough the non playing staff. 

24 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Your right about those sort of companies. But that’s in a perfect world.

But specifically football related, I just don’t feel it’s right when in 2 months time these teams will be wanting to bid millions for players yet can’t afford to cover the cost of their non playing staff, when in reality the wage budget of non-playing staff will be minuscule in comparison to the players.

This is more than Sheffield Wednesday of course. I’ve seen many people such as Gary Neville and Preston manager Alex Neil calling for a transfer ban imposed on teams who furlough the non playing staff. 

You know what's really bad?

Reading your reply all I could think about is 'yeah that's right' but then immediately thinking that no matter what decisions are taken the big clubs will immediately call for their solicitors and start legal action over it

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

It’s often better to keep quiet and let people think your an idiot, than opening your mouth and proving it.

Ahh, insulting people on a football forum. The most noble and intelligent way of handling your self ey 😂

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You know what's really bad?

Reading your reply all I could think about is 'yeah that's right' but then immediately thinking that no matter what decisions are taken the big clubs will immediately call for their solicitors and start legal action over it

Your probably right. This whole Coronavirus situation gave football the opportunity to do a lot of good.

Yet it will probably be remembered for legal disputes and financial fall outs. Shame really. 

It's a well done DC...far too many are qu8ck to blame him for everything and general let's score points st his expense. In this day and age and with the uncertainty to come we are lucky to have him...those deep pockets will come in handy at some point.

• Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313

I’d be surprised if he can furlough and then pay an extra 20% on top. Surely the government will say you can afford 40% of the wages so we’ll top it up. Otherwise what’s to stop people abusing it and claiming the max amount while the firms pay wages in full

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

And two hats like Gary Barlow who goes on television to get the public to fund the  NHS whilst avoiding paying his taxes.