Thank you Mr chansiri

7 minutes ago, fatbloke no1 said:

I work as a turnstile operator,we have had an unexpected email from club saying we have been furloughed,Mr chansiri as kindly agreed to pay extra 20 percent.Thankyou wasn't expecting anything.

This is fantastic

Thank you Dejphon Chansiri

I had a gut feeling he'd come good in this scenario and it's brilliant to hear that's confirmed

Up the Owls

Owlstalk Shop

I am not saying this is a bad thing from the club as they didnt have to do it but we are still taking tax payers money at a time if national crisis when first team players getting full whack of an average of £1m per year.

Would have much more praise if players had pay cut (after tax) so didnt have to furlough staff on tax payers expense.

27 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am not saying this is a bad thing from the club as they didnt have to do it but we are still taking tax payers money at a time if national crisis when first team players getting full whack of an average of £1m per year.

Would have much more praise if players had pay cut (after tax) so didnt have to furlough staff on tax payers expense.

That’s the players at fault not the Chairman though isn’t it. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

That’s the players at fault not the Chairman though isn’t it. 

Well yes it is. Chansiri could furlough the players. Chansiri is also the one that agreed to pay them such unsustainable wages. 

Guest mkowl
31 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Understand the sentiment but the other alternative was simply to make redundant said staff and they would get nothing. 

Concentrate on those that are benefiting not the players.

Guest mkowl
2 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Well yes it is. Chansiri could furlough the players. Chansiri is also the one that agreed to pay them such unsustainable wages. 

Let's debunk the 2nd sentence. An employer has NO right to force any person onto furlough. It has to be agreed between the parties has a temporary alteration to the employment contract. 

So he could not furlough the players unilaterally 

3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Let's debunk the 2nd sentence. An employer has NO right to force any person onto furlough. It has to be agreed between the parties has a temporary alteration to the employment contract. 

So he could not furlough the players unilaterally 

I already have debunked this. You are placed on furlough. You don’t agree to furlough. It’s the decision of the employer not the employee.

Sunderland have furloughed their playing staff. So yes, it can he done. 

Edited by 0114
  • Haha 3

Guest mkowl
Just now, 0114 said:

I already have debunked this. You are placed on furlough. You don’t agree to furlough. It’s the decision of the employer not the employer. 

Sunderland have furloughed their playing staff. So yes, it can he done. 

Sorry you have not read the law on this. The employer can seek to place employees on furlough.

Categorically the employee has to agree to the change in the contract.

The HMRC guidance is fairly categorically on this 

I suggest you read it

12 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Top chairman

I wouldn't go that far but he certainly has gone the extra mile here and it great to see when others with more money are choosing to see people struggle.

No one is questioning he is a decent person, but top chairman, sadly he is nowhere near and is vastly out of his depth.