Best goal ever scored at Hillsborough

Varadi v Forest 1984 is one of the best. That Di Piedi goal v Sunderland.

Sheridan v the pigs in the ZDS, also Sibon scored a cracker v the pigs in a 2-1 defeat. Nuihu v Preston.

For the opposition. Stuart playing for Chelsea against us.

Best for me though has got to be Hamshaw v Watford

2 hours ago, trumbullowl said:

Mel Sterland's against Arsenal was good. Took it  the length of the pitch and leathered it into the top corner.

Brilliant goal this and sadly no footage anywhere, I'd love to have seen it again, I remember Chapman in the centre screaming for the ball but Mel had other ideas.

keep em coming, Im enjoying these videos.

i've never seen that Hamshaw goal before. what a goal. i only remember a bit of hamshaw cos he didnt play all that much,but did he have blistering pace, cos that goal he was like a whippet?

6 minutes ago, steelerian said:

keep em coming, Im enjoying these videos.

i've never seen that Hamshaw goal before. what a goal. i only remember a bit of hamshaw cos he didnt play all that much,but did he have blistering pace, cos that goal he was like a whippet?

No - one of the great mysteries is where he found that burst of pace from. Maybe he stepped on one of those Mario style power mushrooms?

As Terry Yorath said at the time: "We knew he had ability but he does not produce it consistently enough and he has had a couple of rollickings lately. But he surprised us all tonight, not least because one thing we did not think he had was pace."

9 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

No - one of the great mysteries is where he found that burst of pace from. Maybe he stepped on one of those Mario style power mushrooms?

As Terry Yorath said at the time: "We knew he had ability but he does not produce it consistently enough and he has had a couple of rollickings lately. But he surprised us all tonight, not least because one thing we did not think he had was pace."

Wasnt he captain on the England U18s or some such team?

7 hours ago, room0035 said:

Davor Suker Euro 96, against Peter Schmeichel.

to set the scene at the time the greatest goalkeeper in World football, was up field trying to get an equaliser for the then European champions Denmark, they lost possession, Suker pick up the ball and pinpoint lobs Schleicher from the edge of the box.

Having tried it ten minutes before too.

Been going since the early 90's and seen some class goals.

Hirst 1992

Carcone 1998

Di Canio - every single one, the consolation v Grimsby in the cup my fave.

Di Piedi - 2002

Wallace - 2016/17

and Suker in 1996 was pure class.

But my vote goes to Mathew Hamshaw !!! What a goal.

13 hours ago, torryowl said:

ive always thought brown's was the best goal ive seen …..theres probably been more spectacular goals better team goals but for technique still havnt seen better than that . 

It was a mudbath of a pitch with the  heavy ball drolping over his shoulder great  technique