Best goal ever scored at Hillsborough

42 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I  nominate Tony Brown WBA v the Owls FA Cup 1969  

I still had my match ticket for that game up until a couple of years ago, 3rd January 1970, we went and lost to Scunthorpe in next round.

Seen some cracking goals at Hillsborough over the years and yes that one of Atdhe Nuhiu's against Preston is up there as one of them lol

mind plays tricks as time passes, but I seem to remember in 1968, we played Swindon at home in fa cup 4th round. in second half, we were losing 1 - 0. our full back, wilf smith was on the half way line going towards leppings lane. he was near the touchline next to north stand, and tried to put a long ball forward. it was instantly blocked, and went back over smiths head. he hooked it back over his shoulder from at least 40 yards, and it sailed into the back of swindons net, with the goalie transfixed on his goal line. Ritchie scored another with about 15 minutes left, and we won 2 - 1. smiths goal, although a complete fluke, remains the best goal I have seen at Hillsborough in my 55 years of attendance.

Guest Bulgaria

Good question....

I remember graham Stuart scoring a cracker for Chelsea against us,

Richie Humphreys against Leicester.

Hirst v villa...

Danny Wilson, semi v Chelsea.

Atty v Preston is worth a shout.

Davor Suker Euro 96, against Peter Schmeichel.

to set the scene at the time the greatest goalkeeper in World football, was up field trying to get an equaliser for the then European champions Denmark, they lost possession, Suker pick up the ball and pinpoint lobs Schleicher from the edge of the box.

41 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Davor Suker Euro 96, against Peter Schmeichel.

to set the scene at the time the greatest goalkeeper in World football, was up field trying to get an equaliser for the then European champions Denmark, they lost possession, Suker pick up the ball and pinpoint lobs Schleicher from the edge of the box.

Was in the leppings lane upper for that, stunning, simply stunning as was his attempted lob from the half way line.