Azerbajan, Land Of Fire - Shirt Sponsor

3 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

It's all well and good ploughing millions of your own cash in to something, the bad thing is not knowing what your ploughing millions into which in turn leads to even bigger problems.

No one can say Chansiri hasn't put his money in but by feck has he made a balls up of it.

Maybe.

But I don't recall too many complaints when we were able to spend over 350K for the first time in 25 years.

Not too many complaints either when we got Rhodes and Winnall in January for the promotion push.

We were all riding a hedonistic wave.

Bad form now to moan about what we spent.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Maybe.

But I don't recall too many complaints when we were able to spend over 350K for the first time in 25 years.

Not too many complaints either when we got Rhodes and Winnall in January for the promotion push.

I remember this site been in uproar when we signed them both in the same transfer window when key areas were left unaddressed whilst we bolstered an attack that was already top heavy.

There were many on here who said we were heading for financial disaster.

Not me personally may I add, I thought Rhodes was the signing we had been crying out for.

Edited by Blue and white

Still remember the OS article with a picture of him and Milan at dinner announcing the agreement of a sale.

Shirt sponsorship coming in ahead of the finalized deal and then us all spending forever waiting for ‘ratification’ from the EFL

It never came, Mammadov never came up with the readies...he fell out with the government in Baku (who created his wealth for him) and from one day to the next they took his wealth away, but declaring his taxi company a monopoly (no, not D-Taxi) and subsequently freezing his bank accounts etc

Gradually the situation got worse for Lens, ratification never arrived (thankfully) and we never got paid for the sponsorship anyway.

Thankfully, Milan promised us he’d never sell to anyone dodgy, so....

Guest Jack the Hat
7 hours ago, torres said:

This bloke was proof MM would have flogged us to absolutely anyone 

At the time RC Lens we’re doing well and he was also associated with Athletico Madrid who were and are doing well. Previous club MM sold ended up winning the premier league. Before that The Portsmouth sale was a disaster. But then if buying and selling clubs was easy any muppet would do it. Bad timing for Mammadiv as the givernment pulled the plug on him, but good timing for us as we could have got screwed. Don’t blame MM as Mammadiv did seem credible. 

10 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

At the time RC Lens we’re doing well and he was also associated with Athletico Madrid who were and are doing well. Previous club MM sold ended up winning the premier league. Before that The Portsmouth sale was a disaster. But then if buying and selling clubs was easy any muppet would do it. Bad timing for Mammadiv as the givernment pulled the plug on him, but good timing for us as we could have got screwed. Don’t blame MM as Mammadiv did seem credible. 

Manderic was brilliant at PR 

19 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

I think he got it free.

We were the ones desperate for his patronage. 

A man of no substance. 

But people moan at someone who has plowed multi millions of his own money into the club.

Ploughed million’s in , charged double for tickets / shirts / got in  a right mess financially and we are still worse on the field than under Milan .  im Kinda guessing that might be why folk aren’t jumping on the chansiri band wagon 

15 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I remember this site been in uproar when we signed them both in the same transfer window when key areas were left unaddressed whilst we bolstered an attack that was already top heavy.

There were many on here who said we were heading for financial disaster.

Not me personally may I add, I thought Rhodes was the signing we had been crying out for.

Same , ironically signing Rhodes is one of the few things I applauded chansiri for ! 

17 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Unless you know of someone else who has plowed multi millions into the club?

Rewind to before he did that.

Then write down in a piece of paper all of the situation that we are in now

• Aged, stale squad full of bad attitude players on inflated contracts that are unsellable
  • Fans getting priced out of going to games due to POTG ticket prices
  • Season ticket holders staying away due to results and lack of exciting football/getting hammered all the time
  • Lack of real sponsors at the club
  • Serious decline in corporate activity / investment by companies 
  • Team in a worse league position 
  • Fans questioning repeatedly some of the shady characters within the football club

etc etc etc

The cost of this to you will be £100 Million+

Take a look at that piece of paper and read the points above again..

1) Would you buy that list of outcomes for £100Million?
2) Would you expect to be praised for sinking your money into that outcome?

3) Would you expect to be challenged by fans for this kind of outcome?

4) Should spending 100 Million pounds plus on that outcome make you a hero?

Owlstalk Shop

15 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Maybe.

Was anyone moaning when we got to wembley?

Was anyone moaning when we were spending all those millions on Jordan Rhodes and Urby Emanuelson etc?

etc etc etc

Why are you so terrified of people challenging the outcome of Chansiri's investment to date?

I don't understand it

His investment and amount of money spent does not equate to any form of improvement at the football club whatsoever apart from a few improved facilities, nice pitch and new scoreboard.

Get up off your knees and stop worshipping a man just because he has an extraordinary amount of cash. 

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Rewind to before he did that.

Then write down in a piece of paper all of the situation that we are in now

• Aged, stale squad full of bad attitude players on inflated contracts that are unsellable
  • Fans getting priced out of going to games due to POTG ticket prices
  • Season ticket holders staying away due to results and lack of exciting football/getting hammered all the time
  • Lack of real sponsors at the club
  • Serious decline in corporate activity / investment by companies 
  • Team in a worse league position 
  • Fans questioning repeatedly some of the shady characters within the football club

etc etc etc

The cost of this to you will be £100 Million+

1) Would you buy that list of outcomes for £100Million?
2) Would you expect to be praised for sinking your money into that outcome?

3) Would you expect to be challenged by fans for this kind of outcome?

4) Should spending 100 Million pounds plus on that outcome make you a hero?

Valid points, yet you wanted us to get into more financial trouble and him spend yet more money by signing Hector for millions  with 6 months of his contract left 

I think DC has done a terrible job but I didn’t want him to waste money on Rhodes or give stupidly big contracts to average players 

You seem to want it both ways 

1 minute ago, torres said:

Valid points, yet you wanted us to get into more financial trouble and him spend yet more money by signing Hector for millions  with 6 months of his contract left 

I think DC has done a terrible job but I didn’t want him to waste money on Rhodes or give stupidly big contracts to average players 

You seem to want it both ways 

Yet you're praising him as a chairman for spaffing millions of pounds and leaving us worse off (so far) as a team/club?

Come on now...

ps - You do realise the Hector suggestion wasn't a serious one right? It was merely a topic to discuss how well he was doing at Fulham.

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Yet you're praising him as a chairman for spaffing millions of pounds and leaving us worse off as a team/club?

Come on now...

ps - You do realise the Hector suggestion wasn't a serious one right? It was merely a topic to discuss how well he was doing at Fulham.

I agree praising him for throwing money at the playing staff is misguided - but in his defence he is doing something that no other chairman in my lifetime has done and shown ambition and backed his manager significantly 

He has been seriously let down by who he thought he could trust - of course he’s not blameless in that process but in terms of onfield matters he has some of my sympathy 

Off the field however he has been a shambles and I’m not sure how he could have done much worse 

p.s give over!!