Azerbajan, Land Of Fire - Shirt Sponsor

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's exactly my point

You live with hope in your heart going into a season

But afterwards you make an evidenced based analysis on whether or not it's been a success

Same goes for Chairmen.

As it stands, with current performance, this chairman will not go down well in history at all.

Why?

Because he put his hand in his pocket and spent a load of his own money?

He has put his hand in his pocket again to wipe the balance sheet clean. 

I really don't know what some people want from a chairman. Probably some Svengali who never has to spend any money and gets every appointment right.

Even the Grunters Chairman who got a lot of things right, is now out on his ear wondering what happened??

3 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Why?

I really can't understand why you don't see the reality of the situation.

It's bizarre.

Spending his own money is his own personal choice. He chose to buy the club, and has chosen the strategy regarding sponsorships, corporate strategy, ticket pricing, inflated player wages, selection of agents/advisors etc

Putting his hand in his own pocket isn't an admirable thing in business, especially if you're doing it because your business strategy determines that's the only sole route to staying afloat.

You're praising a strategy that isn't sustainable, isn't bringing success, and could potentially ruin our club.

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I really can't understand why you don't see the reality of the situation.

It's bizarre.

Spending his own money is his own personal choice. He chose to buy the club, and has chosen the strategy regarding sponsorships, corporate strategy, ticket pricing, inflated player wages, selection of agents/advisors etc

Putting his hand in his own pocket isn't an admirable thing in business, especially if you're doing it because your business strategy determines that's the only sole route to staying afloat.

You're praising a strategy that isn't sustainable, isn't bringing success, and could potentially ruin our club.

Nobody buys a football club to run it as a nice sustainable business. 

It's a rich mans hobby.

If he wants to wang his wonga into us as a club all power to him.

I'm more worried that the cry babies may force him to fall out of love with his hobby.

Then we will be in trouble. 

4 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Nobody buys a football club to run it as a nice sustainable business. 

It's a rich mans hobby.

If he wants to wang his wonga into us as a club all power to him.

I'm more worried that the cry babies may force him to fall out of love with his hobby.

Then we will be in trouble. 

Ahhh so not only are you bending over to nosh off someone who's strategy has failed so far, you're now hinting at blaming fans?

Crikey

I think you've lost a sound view of the situation and have lost yourself up the chairman's bottom

lol

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ahhh so not only are you bending over to nosh off someone who's strategy has failed so far, you're now hinting at blaming fans?

Crikey

I think you've lost a sound view of the situation and have lost yourself up the chairman's bottom

lol

You are like one of those kids on the WMC trips to Skeggy.

You get your £1 in two bob bits and spend it all in the first hour. Then go crying for the rest of the day that you've no money left.

You enjoyed it when you were spending it now you want to blame the bloke who gave it to you.

6 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

You get your £1 in two bob bits and spend it all in the first hour. Then go crying for the rest of the day that you've no money left.

You enjoyed it when you were spending it now you want to blame the bloke who gave it to you.

Not at all

I'm simply pointing out that the current chairman's strategy hasn't worked

But you're trying to deny that and blame me/the fans instead

Bizarre

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Not at all

I'm simply pointing out that the current chairman's strategy hasn't worked

But you're trying to deny that and blame me/the fans instead

Bizarre

His strategey to date hasn't worked.

No use crying over it. People going around with their bottom lips out is bizzarre.

There's always next season.

3 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

His strategey to date hasn't worked.

No use crying over it. People going around with their bottom lips out is bizzarre.

There's always next season.

You're once again labelling people (the fans) as going round with their bottom lips out.

Nobody is doing that

You have a very strange outlook

No fans are going around with bottom lips out. Some are challenging the chairman's strategy that has led to FFP potential points deduction, overpaid players, strange characters hanging round the club influencing things, significant money spent on players like Rhodes and all the other players that were signed that we have never seen play for the club etc

That's all

Stop trying to convince yourself that your opinion is correct by labelling others in a derogatory way as it doesn't make your opinion more valid by doing that.

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

You're once again labelling people (the fans) as going round with their bottom lips out.

Nobody is doing that

You have a very strange outlook

No fans are going around with bottom lips out. Some are challenging the chairman's strategy that has led to FFP potential points deduction, overpaid players, strange characters hanging round the club influencing things, significant money spent on players like Rhodes and all the other players that were signed that we have never seen play for the club etc

That's all

Stop trying to convince yourself that your opinion is correct by labelling others in a derogatory way as it doesn't make your opinion more valid by doing that.

I think if you look further bac up the page it was you who first tried abuse as a way to get your opinion over.

2 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

I think if you look further bac up the page it was you who first tried abuse as a way to get your opinion over.

Nobody has mentioned abuse

I'm talking about you continually hinting that the fans are to blame for Chansiri's failings and labelling others as having their bottom lips out when they haven't.

Reality is that the club is worse off since Chansiri's arrival.

I'd argue that point until I'm blue in the face because nobody can point to any area other than nicer pitch and new scoreboard that has improved since he came.

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nobody has mentioned abuse

I'm talking about you continually hinting that the fans are to blame for Chansiri's failings and labelling others as having their bottom lips out when they haven't.

Reality is that the club is worse off since Chansiri's arrival.

I'd argue that point until I'm blue in the face because nobody can point to any area other than nicer pitch and new scoreboard that has improved since he came.

So me "noshing off" the Chairman and "losing myself up the Chairmans bottom" isn't classified as abuse when you use it?

You had a different playground to me.

Asking if the chairman could have done better is not attacking the club you know...

Challenging if it's good that someone spaffs millions of pounds and yet lands us in an even worse state than before he did isn't having a pop at the club or sticking the bottom lip out

Asking why only one journalist is permitted any interview with the chairman isn't attacking Sheffield Wednesday

Asking if the potential for points deductions as a result of the chairman's strategy might be a bad thing isn't having a go at SWFC

Asking if the characters around the club are acting in our best interest or succeeding isn't having a go 

Asking if the players we have signed that we never see is a strange thing isn't having a go at Sheffield Wednesday

Asking if the clubs sponsors and corporate deals are good enough isn't having a go at the club.

It's ok to challenge some of these things you know. It doesn't make you any less of a fan. It doesn't mean you're spitting the dummy out or putting your bottom lip out.

It's ok.. It's ok to discuss these things and to question strategy sometimes because it helps us understand the situation more clearly, because let's face it we're unable to get any journalist challenging the chairman because he's banned all the ones who will ask him challenging questions and then give comeback questions to his answers.

Anyway - it's ok to critique the chairman's performance, despite what we get preached by some folk who believe it to be spitting the dummy out or sticking the bottom lip out.

You could even suggest that it's healthier for the fans to challenge the decisions made that have left us with an EFL charge and potential points deduction than it is to just sit clapping away applauding the chairman just because he's spent millions of pounds.

In my eyes a chairman doesn't deserve respect for the amount of money he personally puts in. A chairman gets respect for making sound, solid, healthy decisions in the best interests of the football club. I won't ever personally nosh someone off just because they have more money than me.

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Asking if the chairman could have done better is not attacking the club you know...

Challenging if it's good that someone spaffs millions of pounds and yet lands us in an even worse state than before he did isn't having a pop at the club or sticking the bottom lip out

Asking why only one journalist is permitted any interview with the chairman isn't attacking Sheffield Wednesday

Asking if the potential for points deductions as a result of the chairman's strategy might be a bad thing isn't having a go at SWFC

Asking if the characters around the club are acting in our best interest or succeeding isn't having a go 

Asking if the players we have signed that we never see is a strange thing isn't having a go at Sheffield Wednesday

Asking if the clubs sponsors and corporate deals are good enough isn't having a go at the club.

It's ok to challenge some of these things you know. It doesn't make you any less of a fan. It doesn't mean you're spitting the dummy out or putting your bottom lip out.

It's ok.. It's ok to discuss these things and to question strategy sometimes because it helps us understand the situation more clearly, because let's face it we're unable to get any journalist challenging the chairman because he's banned all the ones who will ask him challenging questions and then give comeback questions to his answers.

Anyway - it's ok to critique the chairman's performance, despite what we get preached by some folk who believe it to be spitting the dummy out or sticking the bottom lip out.

You could even suggest that it's healthier for the fans to challenge the decisions made that have left us with an EFL charge and potential points deduction than it is to just sit clapping away applauding the chairman just because he's spent millions of pounds.

In my eyes a chairman doesn't deserve respect for the amount of money he personally puts in. A chairman gets respect for making sound, solid, healthy decisions in the best interests of the football club. I won't ever personally nosh someone off just because they have more money than me.

Do it for free?

1 hour ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Why?

I really don't know what some people want from a chairman. Probably some Svengali who never has to spend any money and gets every appointment right.

Even the Grunters Chairman who got a lot of things right, is now out on his ear wondering what happened??

What do some people want from a chairman ? The club to be run properly for a start. 

our supposed dirtier , inferior neighbours amongst many others have shown us how it should be done and  chansiris  ‘ I know best’ attitude to have been a huge failure 

2 minutes ago, james o connor said:

What do some people want from a chairman ? The club to be run properly for a start. 

our supposed dirtier , inferior neighbours amongst many others have shown us how it should be done and  chansiris  ‘ I know best’ attitude to have been a huge failure 

Look at you with your bottom lip out.

You should know it's all the fans fault

etc etc

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Topic for debate, maybe not on this thread but as ever it has descended into an off topic argument;

In the last 30 years, how many "good" chairmen have we had and where does DC for all his mistakes sit on the list?

I'm not 100% sure and perhaps someone on here knows more than I, I became a fan in 93 at 10 so my knowledge of chairmen was limited during our premier years but I certainly remember the Richards years.

Also, and something to consider, is it easier nowadays to berate someone (not necessarily chairmen, just generally) because access to information/misinformation is so much higher than it used to be? Added to which the "everyone's an expert" society we live in via social media

Just now, Chris Apolon said:

Topic for debate, maybe not on this thread but as ever it has descended into an off topic argument;

In the last 30 years, how many "good" chairmen have we had and where does DC for all his mistakes sit on the list?

I'm not 100% sure and perhaps someone on here knows more than I, I became a fan in 93 at 10 so my knowledge of chairmen was limited during our premier years but I certainly remember the Richards years.

Also, and something to consider, is it easier nowadays to berate someone (not necessarily chairmen, just generally) because access to information/misinformation is so much higher than it used to be? Added to which the "everyone's an expert" society we live in via social media

First of all we've not actually had that many chairmen.

Of those we have had there's obviously been a mixed bag.

I guess you can judge a chairman by their transparency, forward thinking, sound business acumen, leaving the club in a better state than they inherited, and creating a good feeling around the place.

Where DC sits amongst them is up for debate still, and he's obviously still in position so it's not the right time to judge him fairly, but if we were to cut ties with him today and get a new bloke onboard I would offer that his legacy would be a messy one to say the least, with him closing off fans forums, not permitting any other journalists interviews, the FFP and potential points deduction, selling the ground, buying players we never see play etc etc

When it comes to berating chairmen or critiquing them that's always been a thing. Don't let the internet being here blind you to that; Before the internet just as much discussion was being had over a pint and a cigarette down the local boozers.

Same goes for the 'everyone's an expert' - there's absolutely zero difference between that online and the experts offering opinions down the pub in previous years. None whatsoever.

Let's not all think that debate and discussion about our football club only started on the internet.

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, james o connor said:

Do you mean the one with his pockets out on the court steps?