Reset button...

I think the whole world of football is in line for a huge reset after this. You will see clubs folding, TV deals realigned, new player contracts & squad sizes capped on a more realistic basis. The authorities will have to use this as an excuse to put the game onto a much more sustainable footing going forward whenever that is.

Although I have little confidence in his ability (given whats gone before) DC needs to make sure that we are still in existence as a going concern & capable of taking advantage of the brave new world thats about to dawn.

In answer to the original question. I wouldnt retain any of them because they are all crap and go and get Ian Holloway as Manager with Gary Megson as Director of (winning) Football. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

I think the whole world of football is in line for a huge reset after this. You will see clubs folding, TV deals realigned, new player contracts & squad sizes capped on a more realistic basis. The authorities will have to use this as an excuse to put the game onto a much more sustainable footing going forward whenever that is.

Although I have little confidence in his ability (given whats gone before) DC needs to make sure that we are still in existence as a going concern & capable of taking advantage of the brave new world thats about to dawn.

In answer to the original question. I wouldnt retain any of them because they are all crap and go and get Ian Holloway as Manager with Gary Megson as Director of (winning) Football. 

Holloway and Megson are hardly in keeping with any kind of 'brave new world'.

54 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Don’t do drugs kids :duntmatter:

Reset and sign Brendan McFarlane as head scout.....................he`s Brentfords French Scout who has brought Maupay, Benarhama, Janvier, and Mbuemo from France`s ligue 2 to the championship..............................compare that to Bates, Da Silva, Wickham etc.

Edited by sheriwozgod

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

Reset and sign Brendan McFarlane as head scout.....................he`s Brentfords French Scout who has brought Maupay, Benarhama, Janvier, and Mbuemo from France`s ligue 2 to the championship..............................compare that to Bates, Da Silva, Wickham etc.

First sensible comment. Don’t profess to know anything about mcfarlane but it’s obvious our recruiting is poo and needs a massive overhaul. Maybe Bruce would have done that but monk looks clueless. 

I'd resign fletcher on reduced terms and fox as back up, rest out of contract can go 

I'd bring 2015/2016, westwood, Wallace, hooper, Lee and Fernando back on a time machine 

Westwood 

?  Borner Iorfa  ? 

Wallace Bannan Lee fernando

Hooper fletcher 

A new lb and rb and that team would have destroyed this season with a decent coach in charge 

4 hours ago, Philb125 said:

We have an opportunity in this thread but more importantly in real life to get rid of huge amount of players at the end of this term. I’d love some sort of sensible wage cap putting in, players resigning being asked to comply with that and new additions coming in from lower leagues and adhering to new structure. 

This season we’ve been played off park by players earning less but contributing more. So all of our big earners can go for me, I’d not lose sleep over any of them going if I’m honest. Some more than others are huge earners and contribute next to nothing! 

Agree. There are only about 5 I'd keep. Desire, hunger and commitment are sadly missing from our squad. United have shown what can be achieved with lower league players if they have those 3 attributes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

So if we had no players and there was a pool of players that included all of our current squad who would you have back? 

Depending on them accepting terms within our budget/cap: 

Top earners: Iorfa, Borner, Reach

Affordable squad players/experienced players: Dawson, Fox, Palmer, Harris, 

the rest I’d love to populate through league one and two players, released prem players etc. 

18 hours ago, clud17 said:

Can we re set back to 91

19 years old, skint but loving life, loving football, and loving the ladies.

'Kin ell have you been stalking me? 

Pretty much nailed how I was back then, 91 is also the year I turned 19 - SCARY!!

Reading your post also brought back some very happy memories of the time, and not just the league Cup win - so cheers.