15 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

Resign:

Iorfa

Borner

Fox

Reach

Luongo

Fletcher

Literally can’t think of anybody else I’d keep that either is a cheap investment/dependable/ has a re-sale value.

Manager:

Pearson?

you would re-sign Fox?? 

22 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

Resign:

Iorfa

Borner

Fox

Reach

Luongo

Fletcher

Literally can’t think of anybody else I’d keep that either is a cheap investment/dependable/ has a re-sale value.

Manager:

Pearson?

Would you still sign Fletch knowing the type of wages he's on? 

4 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

He’s been one plus in a season of minuses

the op said we could reset the club, I wouldn’t even contemplate signing players like him 

Still think giving him a new deal would be a mistake in real life 

We have an opportunity in this thread but more importantly in real life to get rid of huge amount of players at the end of this term. I’d love some sort of sensible wage cap putting in, players resigning being asked to comply with that and new additions coming in from lower leagues and adhering to new structure. 

This season we’ve been played off park by players earning less but contributing more. So all of our big earners can go for me, I’d not lose sleep over any of them going if I’m honest. Some more than others are huge earners and contribute next to nothing! 

12 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

We have an opportunity in this thread but more importantly in real life to get rid of huge amount of players at the end of this term. I’d love some sort of sensible wage cap putting in, players resigning being asked to comply with that and new additions coming in from lower leagues and adhering to new structure. 

This season we’ve been played off park by players earning less but contributing more. So all of our big earners can go for me, I’d not lose sleep over any of them going if I’m honest. Some more than others are huge earners and contribute next to nothing! 

So if we had no players and there was a pool of players that included all of our current squad who would you have back? 

26 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Fletcher

Fox

Iorfa

Luongo

I’d be tempted to keep Bannan and Reach. I think with a fresh start and new management they’d still be very good at this level. But I think it might be best for both parties if they moved on now. 

I'm not so sure if we had a blank canvas so to speak you would have Fox again would you? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I agree but wage caps only work if other teams have them ala Rugby - that way the talent gets shared around