Championship top six prepare to take legal action

15 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Welsh rugby have cancelled the season, English rugby have cancelled everything apart from the premiership....and so it starts

No cricket, where they are pretty well spaced due to the size of the pitch and no physical contact not starting the season until at least 1st June

On 18/03/2020 at 14:09, sheffield_dave said:

This is honestly why I would be OK if the entire football structure collapses and we have to start again in some form.

Greed, greed, greed. F*ck you, I got mine. Where's our slice of the cash. All this during an unprecedented global pandemic which is taking lives.

yes its showing the very bad and very good in life at the minute , looting happening rampantly in shops ,scam artists praying on folks , then we have the good where people are looking out for 1 and other .  but football is about money and greed . I hope lot of them lose there juicy wages . unless the greedy b*stards agree to cut wages and spread the money down there wont be a football league season next season as there wont be that many clubs still operating . there are too many with there hands in the pie to even agree a slight compromise. 

4 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

No cricket, where they are pretty well spaced due to the size of the pitch and no physical contact not starting the season until at least 1st June

its getting too ott if we cant stand yards away from each other on a cricket pitch and that's deemed unsafe then we are all doomed and might as well down a bottle of vodka and end it now. but it might be what ive mentioned other week that all sport has to have paramedic cover even with just players and no crowd. 

15 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Welsh rugby have cancelled the season, English rugby have cancelled everything apart from the premiership....and so it starts

they have done right thing as its the only thing they could do. if it weren't for such greed in football then they surely would have done same. if we cant play football today then we sure cant play it in 3 months as it be worse then . in 6 months id say it would be very unlikely even behind closed doors. could be 18 months before we see football  

On 17/03/2020 at 19:27, @owlstalk said:

The Championship top six are preparing to take legal action should the Premier League declare the season ‘null and void’ according to Football Insider.

Premier League chiefs are concerned regarding a £170million lawsuit which West Brom and Leeds will push for should the scenario happen.

The Championship sides would face huge financial turmoil which could cost them around £200million should the season be void and this is a major consideration as ruling bodies prepare to meet this week.

The top six in the division will miss out on promotion and in turn face financial implications for which they could seek to gain financial compensation.

Leeds and West Brom are well clear at the top of the Championship with nine matches remaining and could make legal moves against the Premier League as well as Fulham and other sides involved in the promotion race.

That possibility will be discussed later this week at an emergency meeting of the Premier League on Thursday.

Leeds chief executive Angus Kinnear made clear yesterday that it is his club’s preference for the Championship programme to be completed.

“From our perspective, we think it is vital that it is completed,” Kinnear told Sky Sports News. “I think there is a growing sense across the football family that that is the right thing to do.”

If only we was still in top six not only would we get a chunk of cash wed also maybe be given a relax on the EFL charge

9 hours ago, thommowl said:

Of course there's bigger things to worry about than football but if it was us in Leeds and West Broms position we'd be spewing

Gutted yes, but we've been crapped on before so we're used to dealing with disappoinment

Onwards and upwards

Que sera

I think they should complete this season at the earliest possible opportunity and then have a "half season" for the next one where everyone plays each other once. That way, everyone knows what the rules are at the start of the season rather than changing/moving the goal posts during a season. Creates a level playing field of expectations.

If it does come down to the fact that the leagues are being voided after everyone in power in football has said this is not what would happen. Then that goes to tell you what state the country would be in at that time as we are talking end of the year stuff here. 

Any decision that is made would be for the good of Football and the country at that time and anybody that takes legal action on the back of six or seven months of this should be ashamed of themselves regardless of how injust it may feel.

And if clubs did this after the premier league made that decision. 

Then I would say fine we welcome your legal action. But guess who makes the rules and is banning you from ever playing Premier League football.

On 17/03/2020 at 21:00, Harrysgame said:

Joke, biggest crisis in generation and some football iclubs are only thinking of the money.

If PL don't relegate because season is void then no room to move up. The PL could even think to themselves you know what, ok we will pay you off and by the way from now on no promotion or relegation as we have enough clubs and TV money moving forward.

1st paragraph says it all. Could not agree more. 

Anyone who is ill or has a family member ill no matter who they support have far greater worries. 

THESE clubs should be Instead of putting money into lawyers pockets could be helping the local community and oap and vulnerable people instead. 

Football is to money orientated and the selfishness is highlighted in times like this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

1st paragraph says it all. Could not agree more. 

Anyone who is ill or has a family member ill no matter who they support have far greater worries. 

THESE clubs should be Instead of putting money into lawyers pockets could be helping the local community and oap and vulnerable people instead. 

Football is to money orientated and the selfishness is highlighted in times like this. 

Southampton's Chief Executive and his greedy counterparts at the other PL Clubs now need to be put into self-isolation because their of sheer greed.😠:tango:

• Like 1

Brighton chairman saying the Premier League should go up to 22 teams; maybe the wheels are in motion and this is an option. 

None of the a Premier League teams get relegated and it pleases Leeds and West Brom.  2 teams that will bring some more cash into the league. 

Why would it be Leeds and west Brom, other teams could get promoted as well, so presumably they would have to pay those teams off as well.

So when football restarts not only the teams who have the failure payments but those teams that have no finished in the top two in the league would have an advantage as well

As there are far more clubs that wont gain from this I cant see it getting voted through by the clubs

1 hour ago, the third man said:

Why would it be Leeds and west Brom, other teams could get promoted as well, so presumably they would have to pay those teams off as well.

So when football restarts not only the teams who have the failure payments but those teams that have no finished in the top two in the league would have an advantage as well

As there are far more clubs that wont gain from this I cant see it getting voted through by the clubs

Not a bad solution...I would have thought the PL could do what they like..I am sure if they say you know what no relegation this year as season is void dog to the fact the country / world has more pressing issues. And by the way we have decided to increase the league to 22 clubs and will invite 3 clubs to come up. Would be difficult to sue them on any grounds, they could then draw 3 names out of a hat to see who comes up...problem sorted..

Other solution is start PL2 and pick 18 or 20 teams from Champ and league 1.

My opinion is that they should just void this season and start again when this is sorted. Yes some will be unhappy, but FFS this is potentially the biggest disaster since WW2...I know I am repeating myself but some organisations, clubs,people should hang their heads in shame.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

Brighton chairman saying the Premier League should go up to 22 teams; maybe the wheels are in motion and this is an option. 

None of the a Premier League teams get relegated and it pleases Leeds and West Brom.  2 teams that will bring some more cash into the league. 

Thereby giving premier League teams the income from 2 extra games whilst reducing the income for the cash strapped championship clubs with fewer games......will the EFL subsidise the clubs?

51 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Thereby giving premier League teams the income from 2 extra games whilst reducing the income for the cash strapped championship clubs with fewer games......will the EFL subsidise the clubs?

Why should PL subsidise the EFL? Think if did go to 22, PL clubs would pull out of the league cup due to extra games. Think their will be a bounce when football restarts attendance wise.

Don't doubt some clubs will have to go pt or some out of business but could be football's reset after this is all over.

25 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Why should PL subsidise the EFL? Think if did go to 22, PL clubs would pull out of the league cup due to extra games. Think their will be a bounce when football restarts attendance wise.

Don't doubt some clubs will have to go pt or some out of business but could be football's reset after this is all over.

Said for the EFL to subsidise....