Championship top six prepare to take legal action

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The Championship top six are preparing to take legal action should the Premier League declare the season ‘null and void’ according to Football Insider.

Premier League chiefs are concerned regarding a £170million lawsuit which West Brom and Leeds will push for should the scenario happen.

The Championship sides would face huge financial turmoil which could cost them around £200million should the season be void and this is a major consideration as ruling bodies prepare to meet this week.

The top six in the division will miss out on promotion and in turn face financial implications for which they could seek to gain financial compensation.

Leeds and West Brom are well clear at the top of the Championship with nine matches remaining and could make legal moves against the Premier League as well as Fulham and other sides involved in the promotion race.

That possibility will be discussed later this week at an emergency meeting of the Premier League on Thursday.

Leeds chief executive Angus Kinnear made clear yesterday that it is his club’s preference for the Championship programme to be completed.

“From our perspective, we think it is vital that it is completed,” Kinnear told Sky Sports News. “I think there is a growing sense across the football family that that is the right thing to do.”

Force Majeure 

13 hours ago, Burnsie said:

So, why are people so bothered about starting next season afresh rather than finishing this one? 

It's like driving to Dover, realising your gonna miss the train, but there one a bit later, but, even though you're past London you think "Nop, I need to go back home and start all again in a week!"

Because if this season goes past the 30th June players will be out of contract, so this season wont be completed with the same teams

And if this season goes into September or later it will mess next season up because next season cant be extended because of the Euros

Its about time football realised it is not the most important thing at the moment, and who are they going to sue, the PL for doing as they are told the government

• Like 2

This is honestly why I would be OK if the entire football structure collapses and we have to start again in some form.

Greed, greed, greed. F*ck you, I got mine. Where's our slice of the cash. All this during an unprecedented global pandemic which is taking lives.

• Like 3

Guest The Horse

Clubs with something to gain want it to finish.

Those with something to lose don't.

The rest I doubt really care too much.

There'll be counter claims flying everywhere.

This season has got to be a write off already and can't see anyone feel like celebrating if they got promoted under these conditions anyway. Just wouldn't feel 'right'.

The teams with nothing to play for would hardly be in the right frame of mind to pick up from where they left off and compete at the top of their game - if they still have their players of course if and when this season resumes. It would hardly be a competition anymore. More of a slow procession to the finish line.

Even if it was SWFC at the top right now, I'd rather us start again afresh with a brand new season when the country is in the right state of mind collectively to start enjoying itself again.

I just couldn't be proud of winning in those circumstances.

The achievement forever sullied.

But these are football chairmen we're taking about here and of course, morals have no place in today's game for them.

The solution is thus: Impliment Premier League 2 from next season with all the teams currently in the Premier League and Championship. Move to a conference system as per American Sport and draw lots for which team is in which conference.

Run a mini playoff and relegation decider between the teams in the relegation spots in the champ and autos in league one to decide who gets to go in the pool.

Cancel this season and announce Liverpool as the Champions-in-merit on the basis of an incomplete season.

• Haha 1

On 18/03/2020 at 18:34, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Greedy chuffs ,People  have died more will , Football heroes I think not ,Its really brought it home to me ,More important things than football ,Cancelled my sky sports ,No I do not want to pause ,Sky has totally ruined football ,Greedy ,Overpaid  lot of them.

I have never had Sky, people paying Sky has resulted in footballers becoming millionaires with no concept of real life. It's not the peoples game I grew up with.

• Like 2

Guest LittleG
17 hours ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

I will mate, keep looking, I'm on all week !

Other than that you could just ignore it ?

Did you see Todwick Owl made same joke on same day in another thread ? Shame on us both x 

Sorry, but its a forum and its all about having an opinion. Didn't see Todwick Owls remark so can't comment; if I had I would have expressed the same view. No shame on me. Have a good day. 

17 hours ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

I will mate, keep looking, I'm on all week !

Other than that you could just ignore it ?

Did you see Todwick Owl made same joke on same day in another thread ? Shame on us both x 

It wouldn't have taken the Gestapo long to recruit here if they had managed to get across the watter, Worksop. FWIW I appreciate freedom of speech,  FFS.

Guest LittleG
6 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

It wouldn't have taken the Gestapo long to recruit here if they had managed to get across the watter, Worksop. FWIW I appreciate freedom of speech,  

Gestapo, get a grip FFS! If you appreciate freedom of speech then I'm sure you have no problem with my posts, or do you?

Just now, LittleG said:

Gestapo, get a grip FFS! If you appreciate freedom of speech then I'm sure you have no problem with my posts, or do you?

Have I ever told you that you shouldn't be saying something?? It's your opinion and as far as I know I have never told you what your opinion should or should not be. However, I think I am allowed my opinion too. If not, just tell me and I won't give my opinion on anything you post. I wouldn't want you to be upset, FFS.

• Haha 1

Guest Kameron

The seasons over, the EFL and premier league can stamp their feet all they like.  Even if games are played behind closed doors they would need medical cover at the stadium and that has been withdrawn by the government.  Players would still need to travel on coaches, 25 man squad, coaching staff, club medics, performance  analysts, ass wipers etc that teams in the premier league seem to have. The stadiums would still need catering, cleaning staff and security, once supporters know the games on loads of wooden headed foo kers would go to the ground, police would then be required.  People running the game are cvnts of the highest order, they should cancel it now and start making plans for next season.

Edited by Kameron

Guest LittleG
49 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Have I ever told you that you shouldn't be saying something?? It's your opinion and as far as I know I have never told you what your opinion should or should not be. However, I think I am allowed my opinion too. If not, just tell me and I won't give my opinion on anything you post. I wouldn't want you to be upset, FFS.

It was you that brought the "Gestapo" reference in to play following  Worksop Wednesday reply to my post; all because I commented that the joke about FF's ban has seen its day and is no longer funny. I'm far from upset mate, just expressing my opinion, hope you carry on expressing yours. No issue at all. 

16 minutes ago, thommowl said:

Of course there's bigger things to worry about than football but if it was us in Leeds and West Broms position we'd be spewing

I wouldn't, i'd want to go up properly not because of a pandemic or similar relegated.

If the season can't be completed, abandon it.