Championship top six prepare to take legal action

None of those clubs are certain of promotion. The 3rd to 6th clubs have a 1 in 4 chance if they stay in the play off places. How much should be paid to the clubs still mathematically in with a chance.

How about the bottom clubs in the Premiership pay any money due because they won't be relegated. All clubs with a mathematical chance of relegation should chuck some money in too.

It's daft and unworkable.

I'm getting sick of all the crap in the Premiership and the professional game generally. I loved the game but it's making me want to heave.

I'd have thought Leeds would want the season to be over, seeing as this is the normal start time for them to start falling apart. Again!

In any case, football is secondary to peoples health, both physical and mental, and the livelihoods of millions who may be sadly affected by the pandemic, long after it's run its course.

Edited by ChapSmurf

So, why are people so bothered about starting next season afresh rather than finishing this one? 

It's like driving to Dover, realising your gonna miss the train, but there one a bit later, but, even though you're past London you think "Nop, I need to go back home and start all again in a week!"

So they sue the EFL for how much, and if they won what would they get paid and who would end up paying it. Have the EFL got a spare £100m in their bank accounts to pay them compo?

Like that competitive dad in the Fast Show who wants to sue his son over a game of Monopoly!

There is a simple solution which will still upset some of the bleaters with a chance of promotion, relegation etc ... and that is base it on the games played up to now, scrap the play offs and promote 3rd place, I very much doubt that after all this that it is so important to fulfil the fixtures at the cost of delaying another season or whatever, so much uncertainty for people,businesses and jobs generally football clubs are no exception .... besides I reckon Wednesday will get shafted by the EFL one way or another, the club traditionally get's very little in terms of luck, all scenarios point to League One next season and I hate to say that because I have already bought my season tickets for next season ..... any chance of considering a refund if so Dejphon ?

13 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

yeah cause football is what matters now.

Embarassing stuff.

Completely agree.

Forever hearing on sky (as ever) nobody ever wins the league at Christmas......and guess what nobody's promoted in March neither.

It's just tough tìts basically.

11 hours ago, Burnsie said:

So, why are people so bothered about starting next season afresh rather than finishing this one? 

It's like driving to Dover, realising your gonna miss the train, but there one a bit later, but, even though you're past London you think "Nop, I need to go back home and start all again in a week!"

Erm.....dunno mate? :ghoulguy:

12 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

There will be lawyers and solicitors driving ambulances and delivering post before my honeysuckle is out..

Hope they are better than my usual postman. Half the time my post gets shoved through next doors letterbox. 

10 hours ago, mogbad said:

Yeh millions are going to die worldwide but we're going to sue if we don't get promoted. Good luck with that, British football really needs to get a grip on reality.

Exactly......................could football get any grubbier?..................it`s no wonder people in general are getting sick and tired of the whole ethos around football.

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The Championship top six are preparing to take legal action should the Premier League declare the season ‘null and void’ according to Football Insider.

Premier League chiefs are concerned regarding a £170million lawsuit which West Brom and Leeds will push for should the scenario happen.

The Championship sides would face huge financial turmoil which could cost them around £200million should the season be void and this is a major consideration as ruling bodies prepare to meet this week.

The top six in the division will miss out on promotion and in turn face financial implications for which they could seek to gain financial compensation.

Leeds and West Brom are well clear at the top of the Championship with nine matches remaining and could make legal moves against the Premier League as well as Fulham and other sides involved in the promotion race.

That possibility will be discussed later this week at an emergency meeting of the Premier League on Thursday.

Leeds chief executive Angus Kinnear made clear yesterday that it is his club’s preference for the Championship programme to be completed.

“From our perspective, we think it is vital that it is completed,” Kinnear told Sky Sports News. “I think there is a growing sense across the football family that that is the right thing to do.”

let them play each other (closed grounds) in a mini league each side two at home v. side A and two away v. side A, and so on until they manage to spread the disease completely.

the smart thing might be complete the season as and when, then IF it bites into another season make that one a 23 game season???

or it's Subbuteo to decide it.

1 hour ago, helmut_rooster said:

Completely agree.

Forever hearing on sky (as ever) nobody ever wins the league at Christmas......and guess what nobody's promoted in March neither.

It's just tough tìts basically.

all the clubs will have to prosecute the virus.

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The Championship top six are preparing to take legal action should the Premier League declare the season ‘null and void’ according to Football Insider.

Premier League chiefs are concerned regarding a £170million lawsuit which West Brom and Leeds will push for should the scenario happen.

The Championship sides would face huge financial turmoil which could cost them around £200million should the season be void and this is a major consideration as ruling bodies prepare to meet this week.

The top six in the division will miss out on promotion and in turn face financial implications for which they could seek to gain financial compensation.

Leeds and West Brom are well clear at the top of the Championship with nine matches remaining and could make legal moves against the Premier League as well as Fulham and other sides involved in the promotion race.

That possibility will be discussed later this week at an emergency meeting of the Premier League on Thursday.

Leeds chief executive Angus Kinnear made clear yesterday that it is his club’s preference for the Championship programme to be completed.

“From our perspective, we think it is vital that it is completed,” Kinnear told Sky Sports News. “I think there is a growing sense across the football family that that is the right thing to do.”

Not if you are in the bottom 3.

Guest LittleG
15 hours ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

And.............another 6 game ban for Forestieri - whoever he's playing for ?!

Really not funny anymore, try some new material.