Is this legitimate??

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, steelowl said:

we have allowed them to run down said contracts where no one will buy them so they will walk free 

Good point and often overlooked because all we want is for most of them just off the wage bill.

The forward planning we have is the work of a child.

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

So what was said at the meeting? I can’t be bothered trawling back pages upon pages 

Here ya go

11 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

Nobody was threatened with legal action, people were asked to turn phones off is all. 

Lad on here who's been text me a couple of times when he got back. 

DC disappointed with take up of Club 1867 - only 5 people bought it. Asked the fans why it hadn't been bought. (small matter of not having 3k to chuck at it might be a clue)

DC believes that spending to get a better team is still the way to go (we might have a problem there).

Question asked about the strategy for the coming years - wants to look at upcoming younger players. 

DC wants fans to back the team even through the tougher times when not performing well, should cheer them on and not be negative. 

Also said that Milan was consistently losing money so why not spend to get a better team or promoted. 

Seems like it's all just a rehash of every other fans forum tbh, very worrying if he doesn't appear to have taken onboard the plight the club is in and also the impending EFL decision. We've no infrastructure to bring young players on so we're probably looking at taking chances on players from abroad. 

Was also asked what he thought of the Brentford model - said they have no ambition to get promoted. 

Was then asked do you no think they have  a plan? i.e. new stadium paid for by transfers and a good deal of sought after players in the team. 

DC replied that they've spent a lot of money on transfers to which it was pointed out that it was nowhere near what we're alleged to have spent. 

The coupe de grace............

DC thinks this team is a good as SUFC's - only difference is they have stronger minds. 

He should have sold tickets tonight - pay per view - instantly solve all our problems. 

The guy is absolutely off his rocker. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, A12owl said:

NOTHING different to previous meetings apparently. 

Chansiri is always right and everybody else is wrong for not supporting his ideas. 

Fair enough but have people questioned him to his face? Witho questioning him he probably thinks nothing is wrong 

Guest Bulgaria
43 minutes ago, Howards back said:

Brentford got moneyball we got fecking cakeball. 

And our POTG fans are getting 

Kicked in the balls.

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

What things I have read on here about last nights meeting don't fill me with confidence that we are not in for a couple of tough seasons.

From what I can glean from what's been said, "a couple of tough seasons" would be the absolute best case scenario. I am thinking much worse.

1 hour ago, David1867 said:

This is the problem. Weve reportedly had offers for FF, Lees, Reach, Westwood, George Hirst, Kieran Lee, Joao (first season). I wouldn't be surprised if all added together was north of £50/60m the problem is the chairman being in charge of transfers and refusing to sell. Hopefully this summer will see the remainder of Carlos's squad leave and we will have a fresh start.

In hindsight we should have sold. At the time if we’d sold all our best players would you have been happy with the “we’re copying the Brentford model “ line?

8 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

In hindsight we should have sold. At the time if we’d sold all our best players would you have been happy with the “we’re copying the Brentford model “ line?

Yes, fans would've grumbled, as they do anyway, but the vast majority accept that running a football team necessitates both the buying and selling of players. Running a business competently demands making tough choices. Milan (whom I'm beginning to suspect knew DC was a nitwit), sacked Megson at a time when we were not far off the top League 1 and had just beaten the Blades. Many fans were in an uproar, but ultimately it proved to be the correct decision.

To justify the way DC has run the club with "well, you wouldn't have been happy if he did it differently" is akin to DC blaming the fans for having signed Rhodes. DC has a responsibility to run the club well, the fans don't.

Edited by bobness
  • Like 1

Just now, bobness said:

Yes, fans would've grumbled, as they do anyway, but the vast majority accept that running a football team necessitates both the buying and selling of players. Running a business competently demands making tough choices. Milan (whom I'm beginning to suspect knew DC was a nitwit), sacked Megson at a time when were not far off the top League 1 and had just beaten the Blades. Many fans were in an uproar, but ultimately it proved to be the correct decision.

To justify the way DC has run the club with "well, you wouldn't have been happy if he did it differently" is akin to DC blaming the fans for having signed Rhodes. DC has a responsibility to run the club well, the fans don't.

No, what I’m commenting on is how some, with the massive benefit of hindsight, are now lauding the Brentford model as an obvious route to take when 3 years ago when we were in the position to sell these players on for millions the Brentford model was not seen as a particularly successful one - more of a curious experiment. I’m not defending DC at all, I’m just astounded at the amount of revisionist thinking used to criticise him on here sometimes.

• Like 1

Completely forgot about this secret meeting. 

Just had a look through the last pages. 

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty reassured regarding the long-term future of the football club. 

Pretty apparent that we have learned from our previous mistakes and have a coherent, long term plan going forward...

image.png.0b27b158cfad4cbd37e72d82e9385650.png

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Its not really about copying the Brentford or Brighton "model"   its about running the club SENSIBLY so you don`t fall foul of the authorities.

IE , recognizing the fact that you occasionally have to sell players to help balance the books , and that your signings need to be a mix of age and experience thereby ensuring that some of them will have a sell on value.......it really isn`t rocket science.

Just now, sheriwozgod said:

Its not really about copying the Brentford or Brighton "model"   its about running the club SENSIBLY so you don`t fall foul of the authorities.

IE , recognizing the fact that you occasionally have to sell players to help balance the books , and that your signings need to be a mix of age and experience thereby ensuring that some of them will have a sell on value.......it really isn`t rocket science.

No, thanks for explaining that for me.

When these players were worth something we were still chasing promotion. Should we have sold them then? After that either through injury or poor form their values plummeted & we’ve had to watch their contracts run down & leave for nowt cos no bugger wanted them.

2 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

When these players were worth something we were still chasing promotion. Should we have sold them then? After that either through injury or poor form their values plummeted & we’ve had to watch their contracts run down & leave for nowt cos no bugger wanted them.

Norwich sold Maddison and them down in S2 sold Brooks. I am sure they had fans that were not too happy about the decision. Both clubs went ahead and did it anyway. Both clubs built a team capable of automatic promotion.All clubs buy and sell players. It's just that we've not been reyt good at it recently.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

After failing at wembley it was the right thing to carry on signing................provided we shifted some out, unfortunately we didnt, and we also recruited badly.

But after Huddersfield it was absolutely the right time to sell some of them as we then knew what was coming.

Edited by sheriwozgod