Is this legitimate??

36 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Crazy talk.

Much better to spunk 150 million guided by a Portuguese seasoning dealer, pay the crap players shedloads, never sell one until they become worthless, appoint stuffing mans mates as manager, let the ground rot away, and rip off the fans, telling them everything is their fault.

That's how you run a club lad.

The Sheffield Wednesday model

Itll soon catch on 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

It would appear to me that the secret of the so called Brentford Model is identifying the right players to sell on at a profit, something we have been very bad at. My approach would be to try and find out why other clubs are so much better than us from this perspective and try to recruit the people that can implement such a system. It does not decrease the opportunity to sign quality players when they are available. It should, in theory, increase chances of that whilst still staying within permitted losses. Norwich and Sheffield United both funded automatic promotion winning squads based mainly on the sale of one key player from each club. Just selling one player can make so much difference. 

I think to me from the outside the main difference in Sheffield United recruitment and Wednesday is that United did they homework on players.
If needed a left back then United identified a budget for that player then identified 3 or 4 potential signings then looked into his age, injury record, character before making a final choice. We signed players because they sounded good and were a 'Gift to the fans'. 

Never going to get recruitment spot on, always be more of an art then a science but by doing the homework you cut mistakes down to a minimum. 

Look at it this way:

• If Abdi had worked out, where would we be?
  • If Pelupessy, Van Aken, Lachmann etc had worked out, how much could we be selling them for now?
  • If Reach was still in form, how much could we sell him for now?
  • If Fernando wasn't banned and injured, what would be have been worth?
  • If Penney, Baker, Thorniley etc had pushed on and been good, what would they have been worth?
  • What did we sell Joao for and what was the profit?
  • How much could the Argentinian lad be worth if he kicks on?

DC has tried to create resale value and has almost always struck out.  He has bought players for less than a million and they haven't ended up worth more...

If you look at the above, you can see he has tried to find value like Brentford but it's failed.

• Haha 4

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

I think to me from the outside the main difference in Sheffield United recruitment and Wednesday is that United did they homework on players.
If needed a left back then United identified a budget for that player then identified 3 or 4 potential signings then looked into his age, injury record, character before making a final choice. We signed players because they sounded good and were a 'Gift to the fans'. 

Never going to get recruitment spot on, always be more of an art then a science but by doing the homework you cut mistakes down to a minimum. 

The bottom line issue is why other clubs can do this and we can't. It doesn't worry me who the other clubs happen to be. Just the mechanics. Why can Brentford identify so many players that they sell on at a good return yet we never seem to find any? 

1 minute ago, Bez said:

Look at it this way:

• If Pelupessy, Van Aken, Lachmann etc had worked out, how much could we be selling them for now?
  • If Penney, Baker, Thorniley etc had pushed on and been good, what would they have been worth?

DC has tried to create resale value and has almost always struck out.  He has bought players for less than a million and they haven't ended up worth more...

If you look at the above, you can see he has tried to find value like Brentford but it's failed.

Then it suggest either our model is wrong or the people tasked with the recruitment lack the necessary nous and should be replaced.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bez said:

Look at it this way:

So unlucky. So much for the flipping elephants. 

• Haha 7

12 minutes ago, Bez said:

Look at it this way:

so surely it’s time to change the way the club does things. DC doesn’t seem to understand that needs to happen though. 

2 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

You seem to have a negative outlook on any suggestions put forward that might improve the situation. What would be your plan for change or do you think the present model is OK with maybe a few tweaks? 

I'm not negative towards any suggestions, I just think its mad to think "copy brighton and everything is ok" it didn't work. "Copy brentford and everything will be ok" it's not that simple, why doesn't everyone do it? If it was that easy, why dont we copy the model of Manchester United from the mid 90s and become the best team in Europe. 

The present model is completely broken but I believe that an organised team with hardworking players of championship standard playing in their right positions will put us back on steady ground. I actually think the summer of 2019 and january 2020 recruitment was positive and was a change from what had gone before.   

1 minute ago, David1867 said:

I'm not negative towards any suggestions, I just think its mad to think "copy brighton and everything is ok" it didn't work. "Copy brentford and everything will be ok" it's not that simple, why doesn't everyone do it? If it was that easy, why dont we copy the model of Manchester United from the mid 90s and become the best team in Europe. 

The present model is completely broken but I believe that an organised team with hardworking players of championship standard playing in their right positions will put us back on steady ground. I actually think the summer of 2019 and january 2020 recruitment was positive and was a change from what had gone before.   

The crux is whether it is referred to as the Brentford Model or not, to operate within the current climate of the Championship and P & S, it is an absolute necessity to trade in the transfer market i.e. balance the books with sales against signings. We have been particularly poor from that perspective. Someone needs to develop the right strategy to make it happen and bring in the right people to make it work on a sustainable basis.

If these snippets of reports are true then i think the man with the mirror was in the wrong place :biggrin:.

I was hoping to wake this morning to hear that he had SOME kind of coherent plan in place for all the potential outcomes but, again if true, his comments show an almost laughable disregard for our predicament and am with Grandad on this........................those comments are genuinely worrying and he appears to have learnt nothing.

This is getting scarier than that ending from The Ring where the girl crawls out of the TV

2 hours ago, bobness said:

People are finally waking up to the utter stupidity of our owner.

His comments from previous forums suggested he might be insane. I was hoping it was just bluster, but with the way things are going, and the announcement of yet another bonkers scheme (10 year season ticket, which is actually a 15 year one, or possibly one that lasts a lifetime), it's becoming obvious how clueless he is, and why so many people have taken advantage of him. Nightmare.  

Bang on mate..

We were called bedwetters..

Now we are in the deep end..

Wheres the lifebelt.

:Chansiri:

16 minutes ago, David1867 said:

:tango:

18 minutes ago, David1867 said:

I don’t think anyone is suggesting copy Brentford, copy Brighton, I just think people want a strategy and maybe take onboard what other clubs are doing and see what can fit for our club. 

12 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

The crux is whether it is referred to as the Brentford Model or not, to operate within the current climate of the Championship and P & S, it is an absolute necessity to trade in the transfer market i.e. balance the books with sales against signings. We have been particularly poor from that perspective. Someone needs to develop the right strategy to make it happen and bring in the right people to make it work on a sustainable basis.

This is the problem. Weve reportedly had offers for FF, Lees, Reach, Westwood, George Hirst, Kieran Lee, Joao (first season). I wouldn't be surprised if all added together was north of £50/60m the problem is the chairman being in charge of transfers and refusing to sell. Hopefully this summer will see the remainder of Carlos's squad leave and we will have a fresh start.

Just now, David1867 said:

This is the problem. Weve reportedly had offers for FF, Lees, Reach, Westwood, George Hirst, Kieran Lee, Joao (first season). I wouldn't be surprised if all added together was north of £50/60m the problem is the chairman being in charge of transfers and refusing to sell. Hopefully this summer will see the remainder of Carlos's squad leave and we will have a fresh start.

But it requires a strategy and the right people to manage that strategy. I do not believe that such a thing has existed. It is not something that is going to work by chance. Chansiri needs to research methods adopted by other other clubs and implement something that works for us.

45 minutes ago, Bez said:

Look at it this way:

Hi Dej 

:duntmatter:

• Haha 5