EFL verdict is getting serious now....

A 12...or even 9..or possibly even 6 point deduction is looking far more ominous than it would have been a couple of months ago...

Monk needs to pick a starting 11, and go with it, instead of the mix and match crap we have at the minute.

I find it baffling he omits Iorfa when he's fit, a mistake he had to rectify when it was too late today.

He needs to sort  out the Westwood/Hutch problem, and he needs to address these issues in the immediate future...Because this is a mess.

The first half today was absolutely woeful...

What is he doing with Wickham...breaking him in for Palace/...?

The last 2 games all the bloke has done is virtually walk about..he has added nothing.

Chansiri is in Disneyland...F.ook knows why...Cos Wednesday are the scariest rollercoaster you will find anywhere at the minute.

Some hard games coming up...It needs sorting out

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

A 12...or even 9..or possibly even 6 point deduction is looking far more ominous than it would have been a couple of months ago...

Monk needs to pick a starting 11, and go with it, instead of the mix and match crap we have at the minute.

I find it baffling he omits Iorfa when he's fit, a mistake he had to rectify when it was too late today.

He needs to sort  out the Westwood/Hutch problem, and he needs to address these issues in the immediate future...Because this is a mess.

The last 2 games all the bloke has done is virtually walk about..he has added nothing.

Chansiri is in Disneyland...F.ook knows why...Cos Wednesday are the scariest rollercoaster you will find anywhere at the minute.

Yes Andy - it's potentially a problem when you look at March's fixtures.

I've seen more effort from Dad's on the playing fields at Bultins than from Wickham. 

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Let Monk take the heat on Wednesday night, then we're back to Bullen again. 

What your suggesting above is pretty much what he did after the Jos debacle.

There is only one answer to this mess, but unfortunately he lost a game at Stevenage 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

Yes Andy - it's potentially a problem when you look at March's fixtures.

I've seen more effort from Dad's on the playing fields at Bultins than from Wickham. 

Wickham's been sent here to get his fitness back and sharpen up.. fair enough but we don't need a player in that situation.. it's a sign of where we are at I'm afraid..

Edited by Costello 77

7 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Wickham's been sent here to get his fitness back and sharpen up.. fair enough but we don't need a player in that situation.. it's a sign of where we are at I'm afraid..

Really? Wickham came on against Norwich on Jan 1st for CP and scored the late equalizer. He played the whole of the FA cup tie against Derby in the 3rd round.

He was then an unused sub against Arsenal, came on as sub against Man City and against Southampton before coming to Hillsborough. He is clearly 'match fit'.

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

Really? Wickham came on against Norwich on Jan 1st for CP and scored the late equalizer. He played the whole of the FA cup tie against Derby in the 3rd round.

He was then an unused sub against Arsenal, came on as sub against Man City and against Southampton before coming to Hillsborough. He is clearly 'match fit'.

What's he doing here then?

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

What's he doing here then?

They thought they had better - which looking at his performances over the last four weeks they'd be correct.

We are clearly not going to sign Wickham in the Summer. He's having four months out; getting some game time - it's all personal gratification for the summer months. Unless he starts looking at least interested and mobile, this signing has been almost Boothroyd-esque.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Reyt..:tango:Animis.. FFS

he's clearly a good player - but his performances have been dreadful - an aging Fletcher embarrassed him on Wednesday night.

Maybe playing the promotion contenders throughout March will spur him into competitive action...

• Haha 1

Why bother giving us a points deduction this year and relegate us on purpose which they may feel looks bad on them at this stage of the season when they can nail us with a twenty one point next season in whichever league we are in and sit back and see if we can actually manage to finish next season on positive points . Wonder if any club has actually finished on minus points WTF:

I think the Westwood / Hutchinson issue has been addressed.

I've watched so many players play for the Mighty Owls over the years that I've forgotten 90% of them.

Somehow since DC took over we've become overly emotionally attached to a group of players who gave us some good times but have ultimately failed.

They've had their crack.

Other teams have managed to get promoted over the last 4 years without our players. 

We need to get back to sensible squad turn over and fitness to wear the shirt both on and off the pitch.

Like we've had in the past and other more successful teams do now.

Edited by Rev Owl
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Animis said:

he’s clearly nowhere near ‘match fit’