EFL verdict is getting serious now....

Even without a points deduction I think our set of March fixtures will see us drop like a stone down the table and eventually get us relegated.

Chansiri is the root of all this. His complete incompetence in running this club has led us to where we are now; far worse off than when he took over and considering his petulent behaviour i could genuinely see him just putting us into administration at some point in the next 2 years.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Animis said:

he's clearly a good player - but his performances have been dreadful - an aging Fletcher embarrassed him on Wednesday night.

Maybe playing the promotion contenders throughout March will spur him into competitive action...

He is a good player but his main job is leading the line and scoring goals. The number of times we've put the ball in the box and he's nowhere to be seen.

Concentrate on the main job, stay central and try to get across the keeper or defender. Gamble on the front post occasionally. Often today when he did get in the area he was back post and the keeper or defender cut the ball out. Windass got in first before the keeper and scored.

I loved Wickham when he was here before, clever player. Now he's older, wiser, stronger but less effective. It will come but it's taking time.

• Like 1

Better teams than us have been relegated in the past in much harder leagues 

I expected midtable this season with the team we have but seeing the standard this season, top6 should have been more achievable 

Agree with people who say any point deduction this season and that's us relegated 

I'd snap your hand off for a midtable finish now 

This club is a complete mess

From going to back to back playoffs to this in 3 years is totally unforgivable 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rev Owl said:

I think the Westwood / Hutchinson issue has been addressed.

I've watched so many players play for the Mighty Owls over the years that I've forgotten 90% of them.

Somehow since DC took over we've become overly emotionally attached to a group of players who gave us some good times but have ultimately failed.

They've had their crack.

Other teams have managed to get promoted over the last 4 years without our players. 

We need to get back to sensible squad turn over and fitness to wear the shirt both on and off the pitch.

Like we've had in the past and other more successful teams do now.

Who’s emotionally attached to them?

I’ve no emotional attachment to this group of players. 

DC just doesn’t sell them

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

A 12...or even 9..or possibly even 6 point deduction is looking far more ominous than it would have been a couple of months ago...

Monk needs to pick a starting 11, and go with it, instead of the mix and match crap we have at the minute.

I find it baffling he omits Iorfa when he's fit, a mistake he had to rectify when it was too late today.

He needs to sort  out the Westwood/Hutch problem, and he needs to address these issues in the immediate future...Because this is a mess.

The first half today was absolutely woeful...

What is he doing with Wickham...breaking him in for Palace/...?

The last 2 games all the bloke has done is virtually walk about..he has added nothing.

Chansiri is in Disneyland...F.ook knows why...Cos Wednesday are the scariest rollercoaster you will find anywhere at the minute.

Some hard games coming up...It needs sorting out

Sort out Westwood/Hutchinson are you serious? There playing up and he’s told them to stay away what don’t you understand? 

4 hours ago, MaliceInBlunderland said:

Anything like a 9 point deduction and we're going to need a drastic change of form to stay in this division. 

3 hours ago, BRADDO said:

I think any sort of points deduction will see us relegated tbh.

3 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Agree with many that any deduction probably relegates us now.

3 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

Having looked at remaining fixtures I’m struggling to see where our next win comes from.  Any points deduction means relegation as far as I’m concerned.

100% agree.

We are staring relegation in the face right now.

4 hours ago, Animis said:

Really? Wickham came on against Norwich on Jan 1st for CP and scored the late equalizer. He played the whole of the FA cup tie against Derby in the 3rd round.

He was then an unused sub against Arsenal, came on as sub against Man City and against Southampton before coming to Hillsborough. He is clearly 'match fit'.

Trust your eyes, not Wikipedia.

If Wickham is match fit then he clearly hasn't got long left in the game, sadly. 

7 hours ago, Stoop said:

10 games left

I can see us winning 3 drawing 2 losing 5 

11 points puts us on 59

Anything more than a 10 point deduction sees us down imo

Not sure where the 3 wins will come from but otherwise agree with you.  

We only managed to beat a poor Charlton team 1-0 thanks to a scrappy 95th minute goal.  The same team just lost 4-0 to a relegation rival.   Even when we do play alright in patches like against Charlton our finishing of chances is not good.

The next 3 months are going to be painfully slow for Owls fans 

13 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

Who’s emotionally attached to them?

I’ve no emotional attachment to this group of players. 

DC just doesn’t sell them

We as in the club / DC.

We as in some of the fan base (read the threads arguing about Westwood, Hutch, Bannan etc.)

Clearly not everyone, you and me for starters.

20 hours ago, Stoop said:

10 games left

I can see us winning 3 drawing 2 losing 5 

11 points puts us on 59

Anything more than a 10 point deduction sees us down imo

Hope I’m wrong, but I really can’t see us getting more than 5 or 6 points over the rest of the season - which means that a zero points deduction would probably mean we’d be OK, but even a relatively light punishment of just 6  points deducted would unfortunately seal our fate