IS FLETCHER KEY

I’m just hoping we avoid relegation if/when we are sanctioned. 

Call it delusions of mediocrity if you like, but play-offs are out of reach. Assuming no point deduction, we need 30+ points from 12 games. 

To put another way, we would need to win 10 of our last 12 games. 

It is not going to happen. 

7 hours ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Fletcher and Forestieri are the key to us staving off relegation this year. I can’t believe I’m saying this, given where we were at Christmas. :sad:

How is Forestieri key?

Hes started 21 games this season and last. We won TWO of them, and one of them we were nil-nil till he went off.

Compare that record to Fletcher’s.

9 hours ago, Frank_Lucas said:

If there is some hope in reaching the playoffs is Fletch the key man to make this happen? 

2 home games coming up 6 points minimum! 

Let's have some real focus on achieving this!

Come on Wednesday!!!!!!!!

There is more hope of going to the moon and back in a day than making the play offs, as others have said it's all about avoiding relegation now, god help us when the points get deducted.

16 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Without Fletcher - P13. W2. D3. L8. (0.7 points per game = a 32 point season)

With Fletcher - P21. W10. D6. L5 (1.7 points per game = a 79 point season)

Yes he is key.

He might be a Key player now but in the 90's it was Lance.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Frank_Lucas said:

If there is some hope in reaching the playoffs is Fletch the key man to make this happen? 

2 home games coming up 6 points minimum! 

Let's have some real focus on achieving this!

Come on Wednesday!!!!!!!!

If you are on the wind up , fair enough you’ve had a go ... 

if you are serious , I’d suggest you visit the nearest shrink , and quick 

• Haha 1

Fletcher has revived his career this past year and long may it continue BUT one player does not make a team.

It all boils down to the manager to pick the right team and tactics, we signed Connor Wickham who is IMO a better all round player than Fletch and the manager is still getting it all wrong.

Having Fletch back must give us a better chance than without him but until there is a change in management we will fall short i'm afraid.

Will be interesting to see Fletcher in a striker pair with Wickham and see how that partnership can work up front for us. Helped by Harris, Murphy, Forestieri on wings and Bannan, Lee and Luongo in mid. Fox, Iorfa, Börner and Palmer at the back to stabilise our defense.

Obviously only 11 of them on the pitch at a time.

4 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Will be interesting to see Fletcher in a striker pair with Wickham and see how that partnership can work up front for us. Helped by Harris, Murphy, Forestieri on wings and Bannan, Lee and Luongo in mid. Fox, Iorfa, Börner and Palmer at the back to stabilise our defense.

Obviously only 11 of them on the pitch at a time.

I want to see the Fletcher-Rhodes remarkable partnership given some games before we use an untried duo.

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I want to see the Fletcher-Rhodes remarkable partnership given some games before we use an untried duo.

Not happening is it.

I'd give up on that one.

lol

I personally think 4-4-2 could be key rather than just Fletcher.

2 hours ago, Frank_Lucas said:

Multiple aliases is a common thing these days isn't it? It was started by a chap called Neil (so legend has it) and I'm sure you have at least 6 others.

It's been a pleasure.

I personally don't have any other logins. What's the point? You have at least 3. Each one showering us with utter dogshìt.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Not happening is it.

I'd give up on that one.

I personally think 4-4-2 could be key rather than just Fletcher.

Yea, Monk is throwing things around to find the right formation and the right players, but he needs to settle soon, at least perhaps on formation so that the picked squad at least can be familiar in their roles. Not saying shouldn't ever swap formation, but I'd rather us become familiar and confident with a few formations to suit most games - and now hopefully with Fox and Fletcher back, and possibly soon Luongo too, back in the mix to arrive at a first XI. Forgot Windass and da Cruz in my earlier comment too, at least the former of the two should be able to settle in quickly, while da Cruz can also find room given a little more time as an impact sub to begin with. At least I'd favor his impact over Nuhiu. Plus with those midfielders we've got, even Hutch should come first in the pecking order over Pelupessy.

On 24/02/2020 at 14:17, Holmowl said:

Without Fletcher - P13. W2. D3. L8. (0.7 points per game = a 32 point season)

With Fletcher - P21. W10. D6. L5 (1.7 points per game = a 79 point season)

Yes he is key.

No we can’t make the play-offs. We’d need to win at least 9 of our final 12 games. We aren’t going to do that.

If Preston maintain the form they've been in for the of the season they will get 76 points. That means we need the same or more. Minimum of 31 points from 12 games. 10 wins and 1 draw or better.

Don't bet the house on it.