Rhodes To Celtic

16 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Perhaps we needed the 1m fee or we would have been worse off in terms of FFP for this season. In regards to what we owe Boro for him.

We are stupid. But are we that stupid. Clearly Monk would have said he wasnt going to play what with all the strikers we signed.

I just think before we all have another pop at the club. We should probably know all the facts.

I ONCE READ on a sh*thole wall...'drinking the john smiths in here is like making love in a boat, it's f***ing close to water'.

• Haha 5

16 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

I just think before we all have another pop at the club. We should probably know all the facts.

People have said this about every negative news story that's come out of the club over the last few years

Because we hear about them on here long before we ever hear them from the club, and even when the stories break the club then drag their heels in doing any damage limitation by putting their heads in the sand and hoping it blows over, rather than outline the facts

It never does blow over and often turns out to be absolutely spot on

"Wait till we get the facts" is absolutely classic diversion tactics from people who really don't want to get the facts, and even when they do refuse to accept them

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

People have said this about every negative news story that's come out of the club over the last few years

Because we hear about them on here long before we ever hear them from the club, and even when the stories break the club then drag their heels in doing any damage limitation by putting their heads in the sand and hoping it blows over, rather than outline the facts

"Wait till we get the facts" is absolutely classic diversion tactics from people who really don't want to get the facts, and even when they do refuse to accept them

Do you really think the club (or any club for that matter) would come out and say well celtic offered £x but we wanted £y + £z loan fee?

21 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Do you really think the club (or any club for that matter) would come out and say well celtic offered £x but we wanted £y + £z loan fee?

Exactly my point

1 minute ago, kirksandallowl said:

So you think its right for people to use information that is quite possibly made up on an internet gossip site (the article lists the source as HITC) as gospel and a chance to slam the club with?

No but I do think it shouldnt be a taboo subject until the club announce it

Otherwise there would be very little to actually talk about

Guest Bulgaria
6 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

I don't think that much is actually made up.

I think person A expresses an opinion, person B interprets that as fact from an ITK then passes it to person C as coming from a reliable source.

Chinese whispers.

Hope they were wearing masks.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I think you are getting confused how is keeping a player and paying his wages for the rest of the season better for us than getting another team to pay his wages.

Forget the account mess, we need to cut outgoings if we can find teams to take players we are not playing and pay their wages either in part or full then that is a good thing not a bad thing.

Seems to make perfect sense. Must be a reason why we are not. 

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

There is a lot of things that we can have a go at Chansiri for. 10 year season tickets being one. 

But I dont think we can have a go at him about stuff where we dont know exactly what went on.

We probably will never know whether it was true or not, but the fact  that most of us could easily see something like that happening is pretty telling. 

In January we managed to move on two low earners. That was your lot. FFP problems coming out of the wazoo and we've moved on Baker and Thorniley. 

Perhaps there was no real interest in our higher earners, but then that might have been because we made stupid demands or no one was willing to pay said players the sort of wage they were earning with us. 

Either way, it is a pretty damming indictement of our recruitment "policy". 

We really have saddled ourselves with some underperforming and/or past their best dross. 

2 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

I don't think that much is actually made up.

I think person A expresses an opinion, person B interprets that as fact from an ITK then passes it to person C as coming from a reliable source.

Chinese whispers.

You've just accurately described the HITC business plan.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Sorry if posted elsewhere.

I've just read that a deal was agreed for them to take Rhodes on loan until the end of the season, they were paying his wages in full, at the last minute Chansiri demanded a £1m fee and that was the end of that.

Rhoades will now sit out the remainder of the season on huge wages that could have been spent elsewhere.

And we wonder why we are financial fizzed.

Incompetence of the highest order.

Where did you read?  Is it official or just people making unnecessary mischief? Is it even worth posting cos all it does is to sow seeds of discontent which might make you feel better but does nothing to help?

2 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

I’m not sure that was @Grandad point.

The club are dreadful at communication with the fans at any level and on any subject .

Clear communication (where appropriate) kills rumours ( the root of so much disharmony at the club) 

Should the club comment on the Celtic/ Rhodes scenario to the fan base retrospectively?

100% yes! True or otherwise 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

I’m not sure that was @Grandad point.

The club are dreadful at communication with the fans at any level and on any subject .

Clear communication (where appropriate) kills rumours ( the root of so much disharmony at the club) 

Should the club comment on the Celtic/ Rhodes scenario to the fan base retrospectively?

100% yes! True or otherwise 

They would have to do an awful lot of commenting if they replied to all HITC rumours. :ph34r:

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

Chansiri can't even come out and tell the fans the club is under a transfer embargo and still happily sit back and let us pay top dollar.

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

We probably will never know whether it was true or not, but the fact  that most of us could easily see something like that happening is pretty telling

In January we managed to move on two low earners. That was your lot. FFP problems coming out of the wazoo and we've moved on Baker and Thorniley. 

Perhaps there was no real interest in our higher earners, but then that might have been because we made stupid demands or no one was willing to pay said players the sort of wage they were earning with us. 

Either way, it is a pretty damming indictement of our recruitment "policy". 

We really have saddled ourselves with some underperforming and/or past their best dross. 

The bigger worry is that some fans actually believe him.

What is truly mindblowing is that some continue to back him.