Rhodes To Celtic

Sorry if posted elsewhere.

I've just read that a deal was agreed for them to take Rhodes on loan until the end of the season, they were paying his wages in full, at the last minute Chansiri demanded a £1m fee and that was the end of that.

Rhoades will now sit out the remainder of the season on huge wages that could have been spent elsewhere.

And we wonder why we are financial fizzed.

Incompetence of the highest order.

• Thanks 1

Perhaps we needed the 1m fee or we would have been worse off in terms of FFP for this season. In regards to what we owe Boro for him.

We are stupid. But are we that stupid. Clearly Monk would have said he wasnt going to play what with all the strikers we signed.

I just think before we all have another pop at the club. We should probably know all the facts.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Perhaps we needed the 1m fee or we would have been worse off in terms of FFP for this season. In regards to what we owe Boro for him.

We are stupid. But are we that stupid. Clearly Monk would have said he wasnt going to play what with all the strikers we signed.

I just think before we all have another pop at the club. We should probably know all the facts.

good post mate

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I've just read that a deal was agreed for them to take Rhodes on loan until the end of the season, they were paying his wages in full, at the last minute Chansiri demanded a £1m fee and that was the end of that.

Rhoades will now sit out the remainder of the season on huge wages that could have been spent elsewhere.

BIG YAWN !

No idea whatsoever if there is any truth in this but that would have been a decent move for Rhodes had it been on. A stint up there playing for that team in that league would surely be best opportunity Rhodes would have for regaining some goal scoring form and confidence.

27 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Do we have any proof of that or is this just Westwood type speculation?

• Thanks 2

Daft decision. His value isn’t ever going to increase sat in the stands. Would have been ideal to send him to Scotland. Hopefully score a few and put himself in the shop window. 

More incompetence from Chansiri over transfer. If his wages are being covered that’s around £1m till the end of the season. Absolutely ridiculous. 

22 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Some people on here don’t let facts get in the way of a chance to have a pop at the club, they thrive on the negativity. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Only if it's true, which I highly doubt. 

As far as I'm aware Chansiri isn't known for adding things on at the last minute as described there, instead he refuses to meet half-way from a ridiculous starting demand. 

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Edited by Owls2k
  • Like 1

Guest Theboylangers
36 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Have you got a link? 

Would be interesting to read the article.