Rhodes To Celtic

2 hours ago, Mister Soul said:

I’m not sure that was @Grandad point.

The club are dreadful at communication with the fans at any level and on any subject .

Clear communication (where appropriate) kills rumours ( the root of so much disharmony at the club) 

Should the club comment on the Celtic/ Rhodes scenario to the fan base retrospectively?

100% yes! True or otherwise 

So you want a formal club statement on every bullshit rumour on the internet? Yeah that’ll definitely happen. 

Just now, Blue and white said:

Which was precisely zero, just the same as all the other seasons.

Jack Hunt?, Lucas Joao? There could have been other in negotiations but the clubs didn’t meet our valuations or the players demands. But you know keep making stuff up to suit the agenda. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Jack Hunt?, Lucas Joao? There could have been other in negotiations but the clubs didn’t meet our valuations or the players demands. But you know keep making stuff up to suit the agenda. 

I'm so so sorry, you are absolutely right we did sell Jack Hunt, feck me praise the lord.

9 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

What stopped that was probably the 20% of his wages wigan were only willing to pay.

Can’t believe Chansiri didn’t accept that , what a scandalous decision eh 

26 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Who decides which ones are worthy of comment then?

Well it’s not that simple.

clearly there is no significant infrastructure at the club in place. If there was DC would sit down with the PR/ communication manager, director of football and head coach and decide if it warranted comment. Therefore looking at a situation from all directions and make an appropriate decision.

Our club doesn’t have that. It’s crystal clear that all decisions go thru DC. Who’s  understanding of football is limited, is not around the club enough and rarely in the UK it seems.

So until there is some business like structure at the club..no one! 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

clearly there is no significant infrastructure at the club in place. If there was DC would sit down with the PR/ communication manager, director of football and head coach and decide if it warranted comment. Therefore looking at a situation from all directions and make an appropriate decision.

Our club doesn’t have that. It’s crystal clear that all decisions go thru DC. Who’s  understanding of football is limited, is not around the club enough and rarely in the UK it seems.

Or maybe it has been looked at and it was decided that it didn’t warrant a comment?

Or maybe you could point me to a official statement from any professional club that confirms or denies specific financial details of any transfer/loan that either happened or fell through?  Good luck finding that. 

19 hours ago, Mister Soul said:

I would guess that if we had a PR/communications manager, DOF and a chairman who had a brilliant understanding of football.

Just like other clubs, we would still not release statements in reply to internet rumours regarding financial details of player sales or non-sales.

2 hours ago, Hookowl said:

I would guess that if we had a PR/communications manager, DOF and a chairman who had a brilliant understanding of football.

Just like other clubs, we would still not release statements in reply to internet rumours regarding financial details of player sales or non-sales.

At no point have I suggested that the club should comment on rumours. However there is a grey area on that subject whereas if a rumour should become viral there is an opportunity for the club to say (for example) ‘SWFC understand there  is a lot of talk about xxxx and as there has been no communication between either club we have no comment ‘ 

Simple communication with the fan base is what I’m looking for

5 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

At no point have I suggested that the club should comment on rumours. However there is a grey area on that subject whereas if a rumour should become viral there is an opportunity for the club to say (for example) ‘SWFC understand there  is a lot of talk about xxxx and as there has been no communication between either club we have no comment ‘ 

Simple communication with the fan base is what I’m looking for

Clubs often have rumours going round that become viral, I've never heard of a club doing that before.

edit. Should have clarified I meant rumours regarding financial transactions.

Edited by Hookowl