Rhodes To Celtic

37 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

The sooner we have new ownership the better.  Respect for Chansiri for giving it a go, but sadly it hasn’t worked out. 
Absolutely baffling decision to let someone stay at the club for 5 months who won’t get picked for the first team 

If it’s true ?  yes .

38 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Perhaps we needed the 1m fee or we would have been worse off in terms of FFP for this season. In regards to what we owe Boro for him.

We are stupid. But are we that stupid. Clearly Monk would have said he wasnt going to play what with all the strikers we signed.

I just think before we all have another pop at the club. We should probably know all the facts.

Nothing in the sort they pay his wages we are better off. DC has no business sense and clearly does not communicate with Monk.

And saving is a saving.

DC asks for loan fees, he asks for silly transfer fees all that happens we sell no players, they sit in the stands never playing on silly money, then we break the losses and the only losers are the fans.

• Thanks 1

If true, that's absolutely staggering.  Has DC not learned that sometimes you just have to cut your losses and make the best of a bad situation?

What good is it doing anyone having Rhodes sat here twiddling his thumbs on unsustainable wages?

And before anyone suggests Rhodes is probably happy enough with the situation, I'm sure he'd rather be out playing/scoring.

Scottish football is Rhodes' level these days.  He could've even earned a call-up to the Scotland squad had he started bagging up in Glasgow.

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Sorry if posted elsewhere.

I've just read that a deal was agreed for them to take Rhodes on loan until the end of the season, they were paying his wages in full, at the last minute Chansiri demanded a £1m fee and that was the end of that.

Rhoades will now sit out the remainder of the season on huge wages that could have been spent elsewhere.

And we wonder why we are financial fizzed.

Incompetence of the highest order.

Could you post a link please mate, would be interested to have a read. 

If true, then it just reinforces the view that the man lives on cloud cuckoo land. 

You'd think with all the crap going off at the moment concerning FFP, that he would clock onto the fact that an offer like that is too good to turn down. 

• Thanks 1

If true then, just like with the rumour about Westwood's move to Huddersfield, it's utterly bizarre from DC.

Still, I'm a bit sceptical as to whether it is true. In fact, it just seems to be precisely the same as the Westwood story but with Rhodes subbing for him and Celtic for Huddersfield.

Maybe the repeated behaviour would make it more believable for some, but it just makes me suspicious.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nigel Farage said:

Try looking back a few posts. There's a couple of links.

Thanks Nige, saw them after I’d posted. Hoped it would be a decent article but it was according to reports in the S#n, and the Scottish one at that.

Anyway, hope you’re enjoying Brexit👍🏼

Edited by Steelman
  • Haha 1

It wouldn't surprise me if in his warped little world that even having to sell a player (particularly an expensive one) is an admission of failure that he is simply unwilling to accept. 

You know, because he bought these players, then they have to be good. 

Could be a load of rubbish, but the word crackpot springs to mind.