Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 hour ago, beswetherick said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us switching between 3 at the back and 4 at the back to be honest, especially with games coming thick and fast over the next few weeks

I hope he picks a formation and style he wants and trains us to be the best we can possibly be at that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Man United releases Borthwick - Jones and Mitchell amongst others would be worth a punt wages depending. 

That lad Callum Morton had a good spell at Northampton may be a good shout from WBA, shouldn't cost the earth. 

Like Elias Kachunga on a free at Huddersfield 

Mitchell had two loan spells at Hearts. First spell he looked a quality player and a very good left back, someone I thought would go on to have a really promising career at a higher level. Second spell I thought we had signed a lookalike. Week in week out consistently dreadful which was massively disappointing. It was very strange 

34 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Mitchell had two loan spells at Hearts. First spell he looked a quality player and a very good left back, someone I thought would go on to have a really promising career at a higher level. Second spell I thought we had signed a lookalike. Week in week out consistently dreadful which was massively disappointing. It was very strange 

Yes, like it was two different players His performances for their U23s haven’t been much better, so I wonder what happened

I know I keep banging on about him, but that’s because I’ve seen a lot of him, and he looks a really good fit, and that’s Nathan Holland at Oxford. Seemingly available at his parent club, West Ham, for a fee of £1m, he is attracting a bit of interest. Though West Ham May keep him if they are relegated. 
We have already been linked with him, and if there if money available, he’d be the first player on the list for me. A tidy wide player, with quick feet and a good footballing brain, he can do a job out wide, or maybe even in a Bannan type role. The smart move, for me, would be to cash in on Reach, and snap this guy up

• Love 1

Guest Mcguigan
10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I know I keep banging on about him, but that’s because I’ve seen a lot of him, and he looks a really good fit, and that’s Nathan Holland at Oxford. Seemingly available at his parent club, West Ham, for a fee of £1m, he is attracting a bit of interest. Though West Ham May keep him if they are relegated. 
We have already been linked with him, and if there if money available, he’d be the first player on the list for me. A tidy wide player, with quick feet and a good footballing brain, he can do a job out wide, or maybe even in a Bannan type role. The smart move, for me, would be to cash in on Reach, and snap this guy up

Crazy that a player who fails to nail down a regular starting place in this current squad, is our most valuable asset. Not many takers though I’d reckon.

Agree about Holland though, northern lad as well isn’t he?

36 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

Dion McGhee released from Man utd heard good things about him. Quick, tricky winger, comfortable in both flanks and likes to beat a man and put a ball in.

Type of winger I'd like to see.

Potential resale value too.

Rumoured love-child of Dion Dublin and Debbie McGee.

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
2 hours ago, Plonk said:

So an improvement on Fox then

I'd say not. Fox has cut his teeth in the championship now and become a better player. Garbutt has been farmed out to various clubs over the years, and best played left-midfield because he's weak defensively. 

Edited by wilyfox

50 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I'd say not. Fox has cut his teeth in the championship now and become a better player. Garbutt has been farmed out to various clubs over the years, and best played left-midfield because he's weak defensively. 

With that in mind, and the fact that we’d like to bring young Penney through, I’d look for a loan deal for a left back. Pretty certain we could find a speedy young left back at one of the Premier League clubs, a bit like Wigan did with Robinson initially. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

With that in mind, and the fact that we’d like to bring young Penney through, I’d look for a loan deal for a left back. Pretty certain we could find a speedy young left back at one of the Premier League clubs, a bit like Wigan did with Robinson initially. 

Lets see where Fox ends up. Derby were strongly linked, and they've handed a new contract to Forsyth. Could free up Scot Malone (although he's 29 now) or possibly Max Lowe. 

I’d like to see us maximise the loan market, rather like Huddersfield did. You can get a lot more quality than we could ever have to buy. You need to be smart though, and get players who are on the way up, rather than more experienced players, who might not be better than what we have. 
Half a dozen young loan players could boost the quality levels of our squad, and to be fair, we already have a fair bit of experience

Guest wilyfox

The two players we've been linked with that excite me are Holland & Garner. If we're in a position to buy a striker for sensible price, I'd go for Lyndon Dykes. 

4 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I can’t find the link, but we were also mentioned as one of the clubs tracking former loanee Lewis Baker

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I can’t find the link, but we were also mentioned as one of the clubs tracking former loanee Lewis Baker

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/the72.co.uk/167716/could-sheffield-wednesday-target-ex-leeds-united-loanee-from-chelsea/amp/

That was it wasn’t it? It’s one of them “Sheffield Wednesday should look into signing him” rather than a genuine we are interested article. 

Edited by 0114

6 minutes ago, 0114 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/the72.co.uk/167716/could-sheffield-wednesday-target-ex-leeds-united-loanee-from-chelsea/amp/

That was it wasn’t it? It’s one of them “Sheffield Wednesday should look into signing him” rather than a genuine we are interested article. 

No it wasn’t that one, it was in the local Reading paper, when talking about their own attempts to sign him. If I remember rightly, Monk signed him while at Boro, and also tried to take him to Leeds. That may have been the other way round, I’m not sure

Man U have had a few on loan and Ethan Hamilton has had some good experience at Southend, Rochdale and Bolton. He seems quite similar to a Fletcher/Mctominay type of player. Depends what league we end up in but if we went down you could see someone like that being a good option if we could get hold of players like that, a bit like we did with Brunt and Whelan. The championship might be a bit much.

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

No it wasn’t that one, it was in the local Reading paper, when talking about their own attempts to sign him. If I remember rightly, Monk signed him while at Boro, and also tried to take him to Leeds. That may have been the other way round, I’m not sure

I can’t appear to find anything on it, maybe someone else can find it.

But yeah your are right about him at Boro. Incidentally he chased Ashley Fletcher during his time at Leeds to no avail, but ended up singing him permanently for Boro, he now only has 1 year left on his deal at Boro. Wonder if that’s a possible target for Monk. 

2 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I can’t appear to find anything on it, maybe someone else can find it.

But yeah your are right about him at Boro. Incidentally he chased Ashley Fletcher during his time at Leeds to no avail, but ended up singing him permanently for Boro, he now only has 1 year left on his deal at Boro. Wonder if that’s a possible target for Monk. 

I hope not as other than Barnsley he’s been shocking. Could be a good option in league one though