Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

It really doesn't matter what age a player is when they come here.

Its attitude that counts.

Ross Wallace, Dan Pudil, Glen Loovens, Steven Fletcher. Loads of others in past years.

Spent their last good years here but led, always put in a shift and had experience. 

We need some players like this along with young uns doing yhe running.

The problem started when these players became all we recruited. Boyd Jones Rhodes Abdi etc.

Let's have balance instead of a simple one type of player solution.

• Like 3

On 21/06/2020 at 14:54, gurujuan said:

I would hope that there would be the opportunity to bring in better than Windass Certainly wouldn’t want us to be paying a fee for him

Must admit, I’m not keen at all. What is he as a player? I don’t see him as a conventional midfielder, he’s certainly not a striker and he isn’t a winger. He probably thinks he’s a number 10 in a 4-2-3-1 but there are better around in my opinion. 

• Like 3

2 main priorities - a striker who is mobile and can lead the line who has a bit about him. Can play up front on his own or in a 2. We need a top quality defensive midfielder who is powerful and durable. 

We need more given how many we are releasing but those 2 are priorities. 

I think Windass is one of those players who can surprise us.

Certainly looks like he knows how to score goals. Check him out when he was at Rangers.

Reminds me a bit of Steve McLean. No reson to believe he was going to be anything special but just knew how to put the ball in the net. Windass seems a similar prospect and would be within our budget i.e. cheap / free

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

2 main priorities - a striker who is mobile and can lead the line who has a bit about him. Can play up front on his own or in a 2. We need a top quality defensive midfielder who is powerful and durable. 

We need more given how many we are releasing but those 2 are priorities. 

We’ve already got him !! The team will be built around him !      UTO 

Just now, pazowl55 said:

A bit like Connor Wickham you mean.

Maybe a bit more mobile. Realistically, I don’t think we can afford the fee and wages. 

Saying that, if there is potential for a loan move, I’d look at it. If we can get him fit and leaner, I’m sure we will see him back at his full potential. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Maybe a bit more mobile. Realistically, I don’t think we can afford the fee and wages. 

Saying that, if there is potential for a loan move, I’d look at it. If we can get him fit and leaner, I’m sure we will see him back at his full potential. 

It’s got to be a loan ! But a team can be built around him, and that is exactly what I think will happen    UTO 

Everton released Luke Garbutt today. Said it before on here but I reckon he’d be an excellent signing for us on a free. LB/LW (so would fit in well in a 3-5-2) who has a goal in him and can take a good set piece. Played for England up to U21 level. I’d be very happy with him as a replacement for Fox

• Like 2

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, beswetherick said:

Everton released Luke Garbutt today. Said it before on here but I reckon he’d be an excellent signing for us on a free. LB/LW (so would fit in well in a 3-5-2) who has a goal in him and can take a good set piece. Played for England up to U21 level. I’d be very happy with him as a replacement for Fox

He's crap at defending. Garbutt's only good one-way. 

1 minute ago, beswetherick said:

If Monk wants to play 3-5-2. which looks likely after Saturday. Then we already have. Harris, Reach and Penney that can play there. So don't think it will be high on his list.

14 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

If Monk wants to play 3-5-2. which looks likely after Saturday. Then we already have. Harris, Reach and Penney that can play there. So don't think it will be high on his list.

And if he decides he wants 4 at the back then we’ve only got Penney. We could do with another left back and I reckon Garbutt will go on to be a decent signing for someone. I’m not sold on Harris as a wing back either tbh

2 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

And if he decides he wants 4 at the back then we’ve only got Penney. We could do with another left back and I reckon Garbutt will go on to be a decent signing for someone. I’m not sold on Harris as a wing back either tbh

Me neither, or Reach for that matter

11 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Neither am I but if 352 is his formation then I dont see him signing another wingback/leftback just incase he goes 442. 

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Neither am I but if 352 is his formation then I dont see him signing another wingback/leftback just incase he goes 442. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us switching between 3 at the back and 4 at the back to be honest, especially with games coming thick and fast over the next few weeks

Man United releases Borthwick - Jones and Mitchell amongst others would be worth a punt wages depending. 

That lad Callum Morton had a good spell at Northampton may be a good shout from WBA, shouldn't cost the earth. 

Like Elias Kachunga on a free at Huddersfield