Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

40 minutes ago, 0114 said:

There definitely appears to be more method to the madness this year. Seemingly after Monk’s comments yesterday about having a younger more dynamic team it suggests these targets are the sort we are aiming for. 

Very comfortable on the ball, big athletic. Considering that was only his 4th league start I was very impressed. 

He's looked good today. Hope there's something to it, cos he's got potential and the atheltism we've lacked from what I can see so far 

• Like 1

The issue with these signings is you need somebody at the club capable of doing the deal .

Somebody who can convince the player and  agent that we are the place for him to come and has the ability to get the deal done ahead of other clubs.

Not sure we have but that could be the fact I have no idea, in the absence of any DOF or CEO , who actually does this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Couple of young but experienced lads released by PL teams could be worth a look.

Callum O'Hare 22 at Villa, spent last season on loan at Coventry and big part of their success. Saw him play a few times and has a style similar to Grealish, always wanting the ball looking to get involved.

Though Coventry are keen on signing him he could be swayed by a bigger club with their own stadium.

George Thomas 23 at Leicester. Was considered a great prospect when they signed him from Coventry when a teenager. Obviously not kicked on for PL but could be good in championship.

They are both good players.

As I was told before, Everton released 19 years old, 6'2'' defensive midfielder (can play right back as well) Alex Denny who got 10 England U-17 and 5 U-18 apereances under his belt.

To me sounds much better option than bloody Pelupessey.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

He's looked good today. Hope there's something to it, cos he's got potential and the atheltism we've lacked from what I can see so far 

Didn’t realise Cardiff were currently playing. But I completely agree, was brilliant V Leeds last Sunday. 

8 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

The issue with these signings is you need somebody at the club capable of doing the deal .

Somebody who can convince the player and  agent that we are the place for him to come and has the ability to get the deal done ahead of other clubs.

Not sure we have but that could be the fact I have no idea, in the absence of any DOF or CEO , who actually does this.

The problem with not signing players is not the lack of a DOF or CEO it's more of what league are we going to be in

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

The problem with not signing players is not the lack of a DOF or CEO it's more of what league are we going to be in

Obviously that is a problem until we know and might mean we are a bit late to the party but the point is the same.

If we want to sign decent players for the league we are in , who are in demand , then we need people capable of winning the fight to make signings.

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Man U have had a few on loan and Ethan Hamilton has had some good experience at Southend, Rochdale and Bolton. He seems quite similar to a Fletcher/Mctominay type of player. Depends what league we end up in but if we went down you could see someone like that being a good option if we could get hold of players like that, a bit like we did with Brunt and Whelan. The championship might be a bit much.

Man United set to release some really good players from their development side:

Barlow, Aidan Will
Borthwick-Jackson, Cameron Jake
Fojticek, Alex
Hamilton, Ethan Billy
McGhee, Dion Alex
Mitchell, Demetri Kareem
O'Hara, Kieran Michael
Tanner, George

Hamilton and Barlow are two I'm most familiar with.

18 minutes ago, malek said:

Man United set to release some really good players from their development side:

Barlow, Aidan Will
Borthwick-Jackson, Cameron Jake
Fojticek, Alex
Hamilton, Ethan Billy
McGhee, Dion Alex
Mitchell, Demetri Kareem
O'Hara, Kieran Michael
Tanner, George

Hamilton and Barlow are two I'm most familiar with.

Heard good things about McGhee.

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

Sunderland one is a tough one. That Sunderland side was a sinking ship regardless of Fletcher, plus Sunderland essentially placed all their hopes of staying up on a 22 year old who prior to signing had only made 1 Championship start in his career. 

Not for one second saying the lads a world beater. But there is potential there and with the position we may find out selves in financially these types of signings are the ones we are going to be looking at. 

He’s just scored again, and according to Jeff Stelling, he now has 12 goals He might end up with more goals than our own Fletcher

21 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He’s just scored again, and according to Jeff Stelling, he now has 12 goals He might end up with more goals than our own Fletcher

Must include cup goals. But great to see he’s scoring. Dion Sanderson also put a great cross in for Cardiff’s first goal in their win today. 

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, Smokinblunts said:

Apparently Chris Martin from Derby on a free is possible.

Always liked him as a player. Pushing 32 now though.. 

Think we’ve been interested in Martin for a while, if we cleared out Fletch Rhodes and Nuhiu (probable) I wouldn’t be too against having Martin alongside a couple of others 

I suspect we might try for Marcus Maddison aswell

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Think we’ve been interested in Martin for a while, if we cleared out Fletch Rhodes and Nuhiu (probable) I wouldn’t be too against having Martin alongside a couple of others 

I suspect we might try for Marcus Maddison aswell

Think I might have been a bit premature in stating I was optimistic about the players we have been linked with