Luton - V - Wednesday OMDT

I've lived through quite a lot of dross and crises at SWFC

I'd say I've seen it all:

relegation after relegation with disgraceful teams of dross 

late goals to stop relegation to the 4th

court step drama

handing my shares over to MM  only for him to hawk us around to anyone who had the cash 

finally taken over by a 'successful businessman' :dry: with shed loads of cash from who knows where, who with zero experience gets taken to the cleaners by agents and lands us with unsaleable players who he won't sell anyway  despite this we got to within a goal of the promised land.

This unsellable mutinous squad is stale and rudderless and any penalty from the efl will relegate us - it's a certainty 

I have no clue what will happen next, I'm certain we need a new owner - how that happens now and in what state we will be in if DC leaves and takes the ground with him feck knows

Our only hope is that pride of the squad pulls us through but after watching that display last night  i'm not holding my breath 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steelowl said:

I've lived through quite a lot of dross and crises at SWFC

I'd say I've seen it all:

relegation after relegation with disgraceful teams of dross 

late goals to stop relegation to the 4th

court step drama

handing my shares over to MM  only for him to hawk us around to anyone who had the cash 

finally taken over by a 'successful businessman' :dry: with shed loads of cash from who knows where, who with zero experience gets taken to the cleaners by agents and lands us with unsaleable players who he won't sell anyway  despite this we got to within a goal of the promised land.

This unsellable mutinous squad is stale and rudderless and any penalty from the efl will relegate us - it's a certainty 

I have no clue what will happen next, I'm certain we need a new owner - how that happens now and in what state we will be in if DC leaves and takes the ground with him feck knows

Our only hope is that pride of the squad pulls us through but after watching that display last night  i'm not holding my breath 

Only chance of any pride being restored is to bring back Westwood, Hutch and fletch, some backbone straight down the middle, would damage monks pride though, do appreciate fletch is injured. 

10 hours ago, prowl said:

That is this season over. the only objective now is not to get relegated.

Highly unlikely when you look at our remaining fixtures.

Nine of our remaining games are against teams still in with a chance of promotion, and, as last night proved, all of the others are quite capable of beating us.

( then there's the small matter of a possible points deduction}

Saturdays team

Dawson

Lees.               Forrestieri 

Bannan

Da Cruz.     Windass.       Harris

Rhodes Winall Wickham Nuhiu

NB. Players to blame.

1 hour ago, debram said:

Only chance of any pride being restored is to bring back Westwood, Hutch and fletch, some backbone straight down the middle, would damage monks pride though, do appreciate fletch is injured. 

Regrettably that won't restore pride. It will confirm this club is spineless and ruled by the players.

We've had 2 years of failure followed by 3 more years of abject failure. It's got to stop. Not because I expect success all the time but because of the manner of the failure. We were so close the first year and failed to turn up for the final. If we'd failed after giving it our best shot I wouldn't mind but we didn't, we never got going.

Second year we weren't great but we got to the play offs but again we were abysmal against Huddersfield. Inexperienced goalkeeper never tested and produced nothing in the home leg. Very disappointing. Since then chalk and cheese, good sometime awful the next.

2 common denominators all that time DC and the nucleus of the team. Not much we can do about DC but the players can be moved on in the summer. Don't give in to Hutchinson and Westwood or any of the other players, they aren't as good as they think and they aren't as big as their egos tell them they are. They certainly aren't bigger than Sheffield Wednesday, they are just transient shirt fillers.

We need a proper clear out.

OK what about Monk? I don't care one way or the other. I don't think he's done much wrong other than try to face down the players who are out of control. That needed doing. Jos tried and failed, Monk is trying. If Monk goes I won't cry, I really don't have a problem either way.

If we avoid relegation this year on goal difference I will be content if that means we can shift out this crop of stale players.

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Regrettably that won't restore pride. It will confirm this club is spineless and ruled by the players.

We've had 2 years of failure followed by 3 more years of abject failure. It's got to stop. Not because I expect success all the time but because of the manner of the failure. We were so close the first year and failed to turn up for the final. If we'd failed after giving it our best shot I wouldn't mind but we didn't, we never got going.

Second year we weren't great but we got to the play offs but again we were abysmal against Huddersfield. Inexperienced goalkeeper never tested and produced nothing in the home leg. Very disappointing. Since then chalk and cheese, good sometime awful the next.

2 common denominators all that time DC and the nucleus of the team. Not much we can do about DC but the players can be moved on in the summer. Don't give in to Hutchinson and Westwood or any of the other players, they aren't as good as they think and they aren't as big as their egos tell them they are. They certainly aren't bigger than Sheffield Wednesday, they are just transient shirt fillers.

We need a proper clear out.

OK what about Monk? I don't care one way or the other. I don't think he's done much wrong other than try to face down the players who are out of control. That needed doing. Jos tried and failed, Monk is trying. If Monk goes I won't cry, I really don't have a problem either way.

If we avoid relegation this year on goal difference I will be content if that means we can shift out this crop of stale players.

I agree that they need shifting on but surely the priority is championship survival this season at all cost.