"Home debut scheme"

26 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

It’s because Mr Chansiri is all about the money and how much of yours you can possibly afford to give him .

But as far as I am aware DC is putting money in not taking it out.  If we had a Chairman who was taking out a huge salary, or shareholders taking huge dividends then maybe you would have a point.  But any money we put in goes to the club not DC. He said when he took over, he would invest what he could, but we the fans also needed to contribute. How he has used that money is a different argument altogether.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

7 minutes ago, Mr. Chow said:

They’re light year behind us though. 

they are on premiere league Money now so that can pretty much afford things like this without a loss, we can’t. 

How much of a cost would this be? Pay one person to give a little tour and dish out a few programmes? Get Rhodes to do it. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TWW Vic said:

There's a pool of young people in the city who are starting to take an interest in football.

One option is to go and get a tour of the ground, have an exciting day out and feel special.

One is to watch Wednesday get thumped at home by Blackburn in the freezing cold.

Which would encourage you as a kid to be a fan? 

That kid then goes on to have kids of his own... and it continues.

It's not about copying - it's the fact we're SO far behind.

The fact they're in the PL should give you your answer. You think if we did similar that this hypothetical kid would chose us now?

Like I said forget what they're doing. I'm surprised that in a 32k capacity stadium they actually have scope for debut fans

40 minutes ago, TWW Vic said:

Why oh why don't we offer this?

A colleague took his son to his first game at Bramall Lane at the weekend - he was treated like royalty.

They bought tickets, but got given an experience that will ensure the kid is a Blade for life.

WHY ARE WE SO BEHIND?

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2019/july/home-debut-scheme/

So while some kid who wants to watch Chelsea play for nothing gets treated like royalty, while their supporters who have been paying year in year out to watch rubbish (on the whole) get  . . . . .  . . .

29 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Corrected. I couldn't give a f u ck what they do tbh and certainly wouldn't want us copying their schemes, leave that to them

Agree. Let’s not copy them. I mean who would want to have a club managed by a lifelong fan, taking a team of journeymen to 5th in the richest and best league in the world. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Well its clear that we seem to be doing our best to alienate new fans and pay on the gate potential. We seem to be creating a focus on keeping hold of the 20k or so regulars that will go whatever the situation. So we've tied these people down to 2-10 year season tickets. Ironically this is exactly what we've done to our ageing squad of players. 

There seems to be little emphasis or encouragement for newer fans who will inevitably choose Bramall Lane over Hillsborough at the moment. The whole matchday experience seems to be a kick in the face for £35+. 

Its really nice to know that after 5 years on charge we have made no progression off the pitch apart from a variety of dates with the courts. 

I'm in proper negative mode today. Probably because its monday. A win against Luton and I'll rejoice at how perfect our ownership is. 

Alienating POTG fans is the worst thing this club has done in my opinion. The atmosphere at Hillsborough is desperately poor with the same people turning up with their enthusiasm tanks at an all time low. 

We need to breathe life into our casual supporters again. Not expect them to pay over the odds for a crap product. 

We are pretty rubbish at attracting new fans - I know team performance has a lot to do with that. But when the team is doing poor, this is surely when we need to be pulling out all the stops to get fans to S6.

I’m a season ticket holder and have been since 99. Back then as a season ticket we used to get other perks; I think we used to get free ticket for a friend for a couple of games a season. I think that evolved to bring a friend for a fiver or tenner. I cleared out some old stuff other week and found a box full of monthly magazines the club used to send season ticket holders, and a pen they sent with season tickets. 

I’m sure young season ticket holders used to get like a hard back folder, that had the season ticket in it along with an autograph book and pen etc.  

We get nowt these days apart from an automated thank you email. 

I’m not saying the magazines, or autograph books, or even “bring a friend for a tenner” are the answer, but something needs to be done. I show my loyalty season after season without any thank you, not a jot of appreciation. It’s ok, I can handle that.  But this season it’s left a bad taste because of the sudden very early deadline date with zero thought about supporters ability to afford it. 

I’ll keep going, because that’s what I do. But the club need to start acting because not all fans will continue, and there is zero appeal for casual fans and no reason for a new fan to come along. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

The fact they're in the PL should give you your answer. You think if we did similar that this hypothetical kid would chose us now?

Like I said forget what they're doing. I'm surprised that in a 32k capacity stadium they actually have scope for debut fans

United attracted more ‘potential’ supporters when they were in the same division as us. They tapped into students and younger fans excellently, whilst we continued to ignore them.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Yeah you're right

United are in the Prem. We should just give up

FFS. Fans like YOU are the biggest problem we have

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, torres said:

So while some kid who wants to watch Chelsea play for nothing gets treated like royalty, while their supporters who have been paying year in year out to watch rubbish (on the whole) get  . . . . .  . . . Premier League football for less than we pay for the shyte we turn out in the Championship

26 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Our match day experience is awful, and I mean truly awful. Take the blue and white specs off and look at it objectively. Remember taking my girlfriend to a couple of games and she said she would never go back. The facilities as they are, are shocking for casual fans, and those are the types we need to move forward.

This. For season ticket holders we probably don’t see it because it’s what we are used to. But what you get is absolutely awful. 

Don’t even do half time entertainment anymore. Food is crap. Same boring pre match build up on the big screen. Awful half time music.

• Like 1