"Home debut scheme"

Why oh why don't we offer this?

A colleague took his son to his first game at Bramall Lane at the weekend - he was treated like royalty.

They bought tickets, but got given an experience that will ensure the kid is a Blade for life.

WHY ARE WE SO BEHIND?

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2019/july/home-debut-scheme/

Edited by TWW Vic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Guest addedtime

I know what you mean. It does add that personal touch. However, I just feel that you are either going to keep going or you aren't. Someone showing me around wouldn't change that.

Well its clear that we seem to be doing our best to alienate new fans and pay on the gate potential. We seem to be creating a focus on keeping hold of the 20k or so regulars that will go whatever the situation. So we've tied these people down to 2-10 year season tickets. Ironically this is exactly what we've done to our ageing squad of players. 

There seems to be little emphasis or encouragement for newer fans who will inevitably choose Bramall Lane over Hillsborough at the moment. The whole matchday experience seems to be a kick in the face for £35+. 

Its really nice to know that after 5 years on charge we have made no progression off the pitch apart from a variety of dates with the courts. 

I'm in proper negative mode today. Probably because its monday. A win against Luton and I'll rejoice at how perfect our ownership is. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TWW Vic said:

They've got a fan for as long as they're in the PL now

Corrected. I couldn't give a f u ck what they do tbh and certainly wouldn't want us copying their schemes, leave that to them

Just now, Ash76 said:

Corrected. I couldn't give a f u ck what they do tbh and certainly wouldn't want us copying their schemes, leave that to them

Well at least we wont be copying them by getting in the Premier League anytime soon

Bet youre delighted by that

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

We haven't got a clue from a commercial standpoint.  Just look at the empty boxes, threadbare hospitality suites etc.

I really do fear for us as a club in its current guise and how the fanbase is treated.

The ridiculous deadline for season ticket purchases is the icing on the cake for me.  The club is p*ssing up the fans backs and taking advantage of the lotyalty.  Saw someone liken it to Stockholm Syndrome and think that is the nail on the head.

We are going to lose thousands of season ticket holders and POTG will be so high those not renewing will not bother.

• Like 3

Just now, OurDan said:

Well at least we wont be copying them by getting in the Premier League anytime soon

Bet youre delighted by that

I couldn't care less what league we're in tbh.

I get you are desperate for it, along with thousands of others but that desperation only makes achieving that goal more difficult

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

I couldn't care less what league we're in tbh.

I get you are desperate for it, along with thousands of others but that desperation only makes achieving that goal more difficult

I'm 24. Ive never seen us play in the top division and had a season ticket since I was 7.

I haven't got a season ticket anymore - and not sure I'll ever bother again (despite my Dad buying me a Club 1867 so I get 5 years 'when' we get in the Premier League)

Ive found better things to do with my time - and this idiot Chairman has driven me away. Our club has no hope as long as hes here.

Our match day experience is awful, and I mean truly awful. Take the blue and white specs off and look at it objectively. Remember taking my girlfriend to a couple of games and she said she would never go back. The facilities as they are, are shocking for casual fans, and those are the types we need to move forward.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

There's a pool of young people in the city who are starting to take an interest in football.

One option is to go and get a tour of the ground, have an exciting day out and feel special.

One is to watch Wednesday get thumped at home by Blackburn in the freezing cold.

Which would encourage you as a kid to be a fan? 

That kid then goes on to have kids of his own... and it continues.

It's not about copying - it's the fact we're SO far behind.

• Like 1