Realistically what can we expect in the summer?

Most frustrating thing is I don't think it is rocket science. 

Yes, the Championship is a tough old division, but it isn't that hard to put together a semi competent team who can be competitive on a regular enough basis. 

Heck, we managed to do it a few years back and in the first season we didn't even spend that much. 

Since then though...really has been a shambles. 

The level of performance from this group of players over the last three or so seasons (bar a few spells here and there) has been nothing short of disgraceful. Bizarrely Chansiri likes to keep the family "together". If I was him, I'd be wondering why I'm paying all this money for such inept performances.  

Edited by SiJ

49 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Well If the EFL are in the right and they take us to the cleaners like so many on here claim is gonna happen ... won’t Chansiri be banned anyway ?

Wont make any difference seeing as his wife owns the club now. 

13 minutes ago, VBQ24 said:

Irrelevant who we get in until the club's ethos is changed. 

In some respects this is true.

Wickham and Windass are loans and subject to performance will need signing in May/June along with another 6/8 squad players -most of which should be first team players.

Jackson Irvine is out of contract this Summer at Hull. I'd be keen to offer him a contract as he's 26 and would be an ideal replacement for Kieran Lee and offer late support in the box. I also notice Timothy Fosu-Mensah is out of contract too. If we can get a young manager in with a vision then maybe we could get a player or two of his calibre in too. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Jackson Irvine is out of contract this Summer at Hull. I'd be keen to offer him a contract as he's 26 and would be an ideal replacement for Kieran Lee and offer late support in the box. I also notice Timothy Fosu-Mensah is out of contract too. If we can get a young manager in with a vision then maybe we could get a player or two of his calibre in too. 

We should have snapped him up a few years ago IMO.

1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

That right there...

What a complete and utter mess we find ourselves in. 

What happened????

1 hour ago, poite said:

Chansiri happened. It's been coming for a long time but too many have been blind to it cos "he's spent loads of his own money"

Good intentions, of that I have no doubt. But there’s been one balls up after another. 

30 minutes ago, VBQ24 said:

Irrelevant who we get in until the club's ethos is changed. 

Sadly I fear we will just paper over the cracks and continue to charge astronomical prices whilst lingering in mid table if we are lucky.

If the EFL do us over close season we could even start on kinis points, that will be fun for all.

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Sadly I fear we will just paper over the cracks and continue to charge astronomical prices whilst lingering in mid table if we are lucky.

If the EFL do us over close season we could even start on kinis points, that will be fun for all.

and yet another season to write off!

3 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Totally agree. Just what we've needed for a LONG time but we never had a system in place to identify good players it seems!

Bruce was the man, he seemed to have things sorted on all fronts and we were heading in the right direction for once then he fecked off. That fir me was a massive blows infirmly believe Bruce was the man to take us up.

2 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

and yet another season to write off!

If we stay up that is, year up on year things are getting worse.

The incompetence at the tip has made it near impossible for him to put the funds in and we are resorting to ludicrous schemes like 10 year season tickets.

Chansiri has really backed himself into a corner and there is little room for manoeuvring his way out of this, the like way is a continued decline, throw on a points deduction and we are upshit creek without a boat let alone a paddle.

Whatever happens this year, or the year after, I believe we are further away from promotion than we were the day before Chansiri bought us. 

I’m so f*****g angry with how our club has been managed that I’ve had to take a step back from football a little. The absolute cluster**** has been magnified by what’s happened across the city. It’s embarrassment on a level I’ve not felt in 36 years watching us. 

Yes, we’ve had worse times but even then we had dignity. Now, we are a complete basket case of a club lacking direction or any sort of identity. Our reputation is in tatters and the squad is bloated, ageing and a financial millstone. The fans are alienated and being asked to pay abhorrent prices. 

There is not a single thing at the club I can point at and say “that’s something to be proud of.”

The sooner we part ways with Chansiri the better. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Whatever happens this year, or the year after, I believe we are further away from promotion than we were the day before Chansiri bought us. 

I’m so f*****g angry with how our club has been managed that I’ve had to take a step back from football a little. The absolute cluster**** has been magnified by what’s happened across the city. It’s embarrassment on a level I’ve not felt in 36 years watching us. 

Yes, we’ve had worse times but even then we had dignity. Now, we are a complete basket case of a club lacking direction or any sort of identity. Our reputation is in tatters and the squad is bloated, ageing and a financial millstone. The fans are alienated and being asked to pay abhorrent prices. 

There is not a single thing at the club I can point at and say “that’s something to be proud of.”

The sooner we part ways with Chansiri the better. 

yes - I agree and sympathise with your comments. I just hope DC see's what is happening at the pigs and thinks why aren't I delivering the same if not better.

Fec me, the pigs have done it for less than half he's spent. 

11 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I know in the great scheme of things it's trivial, but I wish he hadn't changed our badge to the current monstrosity. At least in our dark days of the 00s I could still look at our badge and have some sense of pride, of belonging, of wanting to show the visual identity of the club I love. Now, I don't even have that...

Another clearout of out of contract players. A concerted effort to move Rhodes, Westwood. Wouldn't surprise me if we targeted a high profile sale for decent money if opportunity arises. 

Incomings will follow the profile of recent signings, free transfers or modest fees for younger players (under 24), with the odd established championship player (under 27).

We're far from skint, but are restricted by FFP and expect a more sustainable model, lower squad age and a rebalanced wage structure reducing top earners wage.