Realistically what can we expect in the summer?

Providing we stay up , and the efl hearing is done and dusted 

what happens in the summer? What happens next?

Is Monks contract up (like some on here suggest - personally I hope so) 

who do we get?

who do we sign? 

We are in dire need of a playing style/plan and someone who can take on a project.

If we escape the efl sanctions and we have done everything legit (unlikely) it will mean we have no worries about FFP due to the ground sale - do we have another pop at it and sign players or stick to frees and loans?

I’m lost for words at present with Wednesday and don’t know what to expect in the future.

I remember been told when we got relegated at Highbury we would be back up next year that was now 20 years ago

we need a plan in place, but what the hell is going to happen? Who knows?

WAWAW

Just now, Markowski77 said:

who do we get?

who do we sign? 

We are in dire need of a playing style/plan and someone who can take on a project.

If we escape the efl sanctions and we have done everything legit (unlikely) it will mean we have no worries about FFP due to the ground sale - do we have another pop at it and sign players or stick to frees and loans?

I’m lost for words at present with Wednesday and don’t know what to expect in the future.

I remember been told when we got relegated at Highbury we would be back up next year that was now 20 years ago

WAWAW

Doesn't matter who we get if the clubs plan (or lack of a plan) remains the same. Then 6 months into next season we can be back in this groundhog day position. 

• Like 1

I think a lot will depend on the outcome of any potential legal action. If it turns out we can’t use the stadium sale then we will be using freebies and the loan market. Any fees raised through selling our players will be used to pay wages of a decent freebie coming in. 

If the legal action goes well and the purse strings are a little looser, I still wouldn’t expect a spree. We need quality, not quantity.  We will be starting our fifth season post-Wembley with the same shopping list we had then (which is shambolic, but another story).

We need:

- a dominant, box-to-box midfielder. 
- a right back

- a ‘keeper (sorry Dawson, you’re not there yet).

- a striker/target man

If funds are free I would also go for another winger, and poacher-type finisher. 

Don't think we will get off scott-free with the EFL hearing and I'd rather it not drag on into next season seeing as DC is opposing it. Much rather we get a points deduction this season provided we remain in the Championship at the end of it.

Then, if our slate is a lot cleaner than it's been in a long time I'd look to NOT renew the contract of Monk. I think the fact he's not been able to bring in his own staff means he's probably on trial anyway in that respect.

I'd then look at a 2-4 year plan. Bring in a manager who's young and hungry to succeed, similar to the Lampard/Gerrard mould. Provide them with the trust that they have the time to build a young team within an attacking philosophy. No more journeymen on big contracts, the future for us is away from that. We need to be bringing in players with resale value. If in that 2-4 years we unearth the odd gem then we sell with future caveats in any deal. 

I'd imagine that in that 2-4 years we'd be far better off financially than the past 4 years and we'd also have a stronger squad that would be more pleasing on the eye, on less money and with resale value. Just have to look at a Brentford or Bristol City for the past few seasons to see that it CAN be done. 

We need to forget this 'we are a huge club' and build again. You have to earn the right and the pressure would be off the younger players.

14 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I think a lot will depend on the outcome of any potential legal action. If it turns out we can’t use the stadium sale then we will be using freebies and the loan market. Any fees raised through selling our players will be used to pay wages of a decent freebie coming in. 

If the legal action goes well and the purse strings are a little looser, I still wouldn’t expect a spree. We need quality, not quantity.  We will be starting our fifth season post-Wembley with the same shopping list we had then (which is shambolic, but another story).

We need:

- a dominant, box-to-box midfielder. 
- a right back

- a ‘keeper (sorry Dawson, you’re not there yet).

- a striker/target man

If funds are free I would also go for another winger, and poacher-type finisher. 

If we release the out of contract players we are going to need more than 4 or 5.

Wages should be down dramatically with the over paid players going but we need to keep the purse strings tight even if we aren't under embargo. I'm hoping our recruitment team can find a few more younger players frozen out or not getting a look in elsewhere. We certainly won't be going for highly paid players for a while. It might be a case of take what we can get and then bring them on, train them up and hope for the best.

22 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

who do we get?

who do we sign? 

WAWAW

Personally, I think Chansiri has to start now regardless of the potential EFL outcome.

An independent external review of all aspects of the football club from root to branch.

Determine what is considered success for this club

Decide on a robust business model that is sustainable meaning we operate within our means.

Produce a realistic 5 year plan to get us there and the Directors/backroom staff roles needed to achieve that. 

Determine the style of play we want to see and ensuring the correct staff for that style are in place for pre season.

Have a wage structure that is realistic and cannot be breached.

Introduce both individual and team oriented performance based incentives to achieve rather than whopping contracts that are unsustainable.

A proper disciplinary structure for players and staff. No more pandering.

Maximum of 24 month contracts offered to playing staff with a review clause after 12 months to extend by another 12 months.

Clear out the dross and the high earners.

A contract between the director(s) and management team structured for each to hold each other to account. Expectations clearly set both ways. Initial 18 month contract for the manager with review after 6 months and option to extend by further 6 months each time.

That would be a start.

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

We need a CEO and director of football first and foremost

This.

We can't go into the biggest Summer of DC's reign without a management structure at the club.

We will have to sign at least 8; probably 10 senior pros for the squad. Monk may get the gig if he has a good last 1/4 to the season but isn't guaranteed on the last 7 games form.

I'd like to see some resemblance of a top championship club set up from top to bottom that Starts August like it means business rather than aimlessly looking around for clues.

11 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Personally, I think Chansiri has to start now regardless of the potential EFL outcome.

An independent external review of all aspects of the football club from root to branch.

Determine what is considered success for this club

Decide on a robust business model that is sustainable meaning we operate within our means.

Produce a realistic 5 year plan to get us there and the Directors/backroom staff roles needed to achieve that. 

Determine the style of play we want to see and ensuring the correct staff for that style are in place for pre season.

Have a wage structure that is realistic and cannot be breached.

Introduce both individual and team oriented performance based incentives to achieve rather than whopping contracts that are unsustainable.

A proper disciplinary structure for players and staff. No more pandering.

Maximum of 24 month contracts offered to playing staff with a review clause after 12 months to extend by another 12 months.

Clear out the dross and the high earners.

A contract between the director(s) and management team structured for each to hold each other to account. Expectations clearly set both ways. Initial 18 month contract for the manager with review after 6 months and option to extend by further 6 months each time.

That would be a start.

...I also agree with this.

Guest Bulgaria
53 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I think a lot will depend on the outcome of any potential legal action

That right there...

What a complete and utter mess we find ourselves in. 

What happened????

4 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

That right there...

What happened????

Chansiri happened. It's been coming for a long time but too many have been blind to it cos "he's spent loads of his own money"

5 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

That right there...

What happened????

I'm not necessarily concerned with this, in that I still believe we are legally in the right - maybe not morally but morally ceased to be an factor in football a long time ago. 

It’s likely we’ll be stuck with chansiri so hopefully he’ll get people in who actually know what they’re doing

We need to start all over again

Even if it takes ten years its better than slowly dying like we are now

Tired of us being sh!te

Well If the EFL are in the right and they take us to the cleaners like so many on here claim is gonna happen ... won’t Chansiri be banned anyway ?

If people think Dc will change any then we're sadly mistaken. Not a chance, he'd have done it already if he was going to. Our hope is that he sells us to someone or a group who do know about football or they're prepared to bring in those who do. Either that, or we stumble across a manager who either gets very lucky or knows what needs to be done and is completely given what's needed to do it.

41 minutes ago, Animis said:

This.

We can't go into the biggest Summer of DC's reign without a management structure at the club.

We will have to sign at least 8; probably 10 senior pros for the squad. Monk may get the gig if he has a good last 1/4 to the season but isn't guaranteed on the last 7 games form.

I'd like to see some resemblance of a top championship club set up from top to bottom that Starts August like it means business rather than aimlessly looking around for clues.

Agree totally. I cant see it happening though