Summer Contracts

4 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Winnall has played 627 minutes so far this season from 34 games (league and cup).

This despite the team lacking goals for most of that time.

Scored 6 goals for us in 3 years.  Although he faired better when he was loaned out at Derby until he got injured.

I’d be astonished if Winnall gets another contract here.

Think he's a good, rather inexpensive option.

We won't get a better replacement for him any cheaper.

Far too much sentiment anyway. 

I want a bloody clearout. 

Fletch and Fox can stay on the right terms and the rest can all go. 

Honestly, don't care if they have been "good" servants or not. 

This clubs needs a refresh and a rethink. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, striker said:

Well at least if the fee included add ons,  there is very little chance we've triggered these given his contribution over the last 3 years.

Yeah, that's what i was just thinking.  No way will he have hit any goal targets, promotion targets, or possibly even appearance targets.  

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, McRightSide said:

yeah but why is that relevant?

no matter the league we are in I would release and replace

If we are under an embargo it’s better to keep some of what we have 

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

If we are under an embargo it’s better to keep some of what we have 

Disagree and incorrect.

You can still sign under an embargo.

I refuse to believe we can't get some decent players - better than a team who has delivered poor performances for 3 or so years - for 10k a week.

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

If it was up to some people on Owlstalk we would still have Semedo, Reda Johnson and Miguel Llera.
You have to base your decisions on what is best for next season and beyond.
Think Fletcher been comfortably our best player so far this season but looking at his overall injury record and the fact he is injured again at the moment we have to move him on. 

I deffo agree with your post about past it dross our fan base loves. Westwood , lee , Hutchinson and bannan have been here far too long and the first two offer zero to the team anymore . Fletcher I would be okay with on a deal that he probably wouldn’t be . With that in mind , he will probs oh move on 

Guest wilyfox

Easier just to list the players worth keeping. Contracted or not, whoever the uncommitted few are must be squeezed out of the club regardless. 

Keep: Dawson, Wildsmith, Iorfa, Lees, Börner, Fox, Palmer, Bannan, Luongo, Reach, Harris, Fletcher. 

Jury still out on Odubajo, but not impressed so far. Time will tell whether any loanees earn a move here. 

Edited by wilyfox

Given that Dawson has signed a new 4 deal already, I'd offer Fox and Hutchinson one on the premise that Hutchinson is to be used as a defender whether thats a right back or a central defender.

The rest i'd thank them and wish them all the best in their future endeavours ..

Rhodes has another year doesn't he?

On 03/02/2020 at 12:21, pazowl55 said:

As far as Monk is concerned he is a really good left back. He isn't blinkered by what has gone before, only sees him as he is now. Which is a very good left back for this league. 

He can get a goal. Is tall. can whip in a cross. gets up and down the pitch. Makes last ditch tackles. and seems to have cut out most of the errors he was always making. For me he is up there with Iorfa as our best player this season.

We will struggle to get better for the money we will be able to spend on a left back we really will.

Over the entire contract he has been very poor, so poor that a manager way better than Monk played a right footer instead of him at left back. On current form probably worth a deal, but would you offer him a 3 year deal. I'm not sure he would accept anything less at his age as he probably has two big money contracts left him in before he retires.

Clear the decks, all of them gone(keep some of the young ones with potential of course). We really need a revolution with regards to playing staff. Manager wise that will depend on what he shows between now and the end of the season but if the setup and tactics are anything to go by I don't hold out much hope.

Edited by Guest

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I wonder if it’s worth keeping Nuhiu? He certainly can be effective off the bench. Never seems to get injured? 

No. Its no good keeping a player who is only useful to bring on for last 15 minutes, even though he might be cheap. We need to let him go.