Summer Contracts

14 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Imagine that.

Club record signing. Reason we are hamstrung with P&S. Release on a free transfer! Sums up how our transfer business has been for as long as I remember!

Thing is he probably wont leave on a free we would have to pay him a generous golden handshake to leave, I guess something like 50% of his existing contract.
I know he is supposed to be a nice bloke but his transfer has been a disaster for Wednesday.

2 hours ago, torres said:

OUR best crossers 

OURS!!

Does not make the good crossers of the ball. 

Suggest you read the post again- shown you up to be a bit thick 

Errr...you literally said his 'crossing isn't great compared to others in the squad' but now you're saying it's about how good he is vs people not in our squad.

So did you mean others in the squad, or others outside of the squad?

Because you seem to be getting muddled about what you actually meant.

Now who is thick..?

Edited by McRightSide

18 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Errr...you literally said his 'crossing isn't great compared to others in the squad' but now you're saying it's about how good he is vs people not in our squad.

So did you mean others in the squad, or others outside of the squad?

Because you seem to be getting muddled about what you actually meant.

Now who is thick..?

you are still thicker than a whale omelette i’m afraid 

Read again dopey. If you still don’t understand maybe get an adult to help 

Guest Ferkorf

I'd keep none of them. 

Fox and fletcher will prob get deals.

If any others do I hope they are earned over the next 3 months and not any longer than 1 year.

On the proviso that Dawson has already signed, I'd only look to offer Fletcher a one year deal on that list.  Although as someone else has said, I can imagine the appeal of a 2 year deal out in America would likely make more sense to him (well it would to me) - the rest of them I wouldn't be that bothered about leaving. 

I've seen lots of mentions regarding Fox getting a new contract, I can't deny that his performances have improved over the past couple of Months, however, he'd set the bar pretty low with his earlier performances in a Wednesday shirt - for me he either hid and/or gave up in some games, which is unforgivable.  No doubt he's had to put up with some terrible abuse from his own fans but lets be honest, he and most of our squad are nowhere near the quality needed to get out of this division.   Out of all these players, who would I be concerned about as a Wednesday fan if they were lining up against us for another team next season?  Fletcher, if he's fit and Nando if he's on his game.  I certainly wouldn't lose sleep over us facing any of the others.   

Fletch

Fox

Pelupessy

Dawson of course.

The rest Thanks but Eff off..

Bring in players who are:

1) FIT

2) YOUNG

3) OVER 6'

4) HUNGRY

5) WITH A NASTY STREAK IN THEM

6) CAN DO THE JOB THEY EMPLOYED TO DO, CONSISTENTLY

Edited by adelphi1867

6 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Imagine that.

Club record signing. Reason we are hamstrung with P&S. Release on a free transfer! Sums up how our transfer business has been for as long as I remember!

Signing him was pointless if we weren’t going to play a system to suit him. We never have. Rhodes and Winnall should’ve been decent signings but for the most part have been managed at S6 by managers who haven’t got a clue.

Fletcher - if he'll take a year deal, probably won't

Fox - improved this season and the bar is so slow he's close to being our best player at the moment.

Pelupessy should be shot behind the barn, the rest I'd just let leave.

Big clear out this summer as Monk builds a squad that he can work with, hopefully anyway.

12 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

So, these contracts expire in June, which ones would you keep and why?

FDDA3295-A0B6-4CF1-B156-EE8D632874BA.png

Absolutely crucial we keep and build the team around Ash Baker. (Wha? He's already gone? 'uckin hell). Okay, for the rest:

Fletcher - one of the best players in the Championship, happy with 2 year deal for him

Nuhiu - will always be a threat coming off the bench, go on Adthe, have another year

Fox - has improved, proved his wage demands aren't too high then another 2-3 year contract

Hutchinson - needs a good second half to the season, again depends on wages if he's going to be a squad player

Lee - See above. If he proves his fitness he's shown flashes of what he can do.

Forestieri - clearly good enough, but doubt his heart is in it. Probably release. (go on, prove me wrong)

Pelupessy - thanks very much and goodbye

Rhodes - sadly I believe he has another year. Try to sell him.

Winnall - Great goal celebrations, shame we didn't get to see them that often. Release

Stobbs - I don't know who you are

Penney - Looked decent the few games he had. One more year?

Da Cruz - lets wait and see

Bates - We hardly knew ye