• Nuhiu
    • Reach
    • Harris
    • Forestieri
    • Da Cruz

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Dawson 5 nowt to do. Crap kicks again 

Palmer 6 decent. Glad he’s back

Iorfa 8 excellent again but I did think he fouled their striker when he was through and it could have been a second yellow

Borner 5 he’s totally lost form in my opinion. Seems slow and loses his runners and concentration 

Odubajo 6 ok to say he was out of position 

Murphy 5 no impact 

Pelupessy 4 he’s crap. I hope the bust up rumor with Hutch is not true cos I don’t want Joey anywhere near the 18

Bannan 5 dropped too deep again. I love Bazza but he’s starting to wee wee me off. So one dimensional recently 

Harris 5 he’s trying but he’s so out of form it’s almost embarrassing. What’s happened to him?

Reach 5 never been a striker and that header was woeful. I’m hoping he’ll be benched soon

Nuhiu 5 not good enough

Forestieri 7 was lively. Still greedy at times but we need him on his game

Da Cruz 6.5 some lively touches. Was impressed with his close control. Could be a player.

Overall very poor again.

51 minutes ago, torres said:

Obviously Iorfa by a mile but for the most part I think the back 4 did well 

(until 90 minutes was up then they went mental)

I think Odubajo deserves some credit too. Not a world beating performance by any stretch but I think it proves that a bit of pace and athleticism goes so far in this league. 

I think Moses actually did better at left back than he ever did at right back.

Make if that what you will.

Dawson 6 - nothing really to do, kicking isn’t great

Palmer 6 - best choice at RB

Iorfa 9 - quality yet again. What a bargain. Someone in the premiership will snap him up eventually

Borner 8 - Solid as ever. For his size he wins an awful lot! Never ever backs out of a challenge and bounces straight back up when he does go down. Him and Iorfa are the best CB partnership we’ve had in a long time

Odabajo 6 - better than usually but still scares me every time he tries to defend. Need better

Harris 6 - fairly quiet, would like to see him run at defenders more! Played quite deep today

Pellupessy 6 - ok today. Kept the ball moving but doesn’t really offer much going forward

Bannan 6 - when will a manager learn to play him further forward. He’s so much better up top end of the pitch creating rather than collecting from defence 

Murphy 6 - did ok. Stepped up last couple of games.

Reach 5 - not sure why people thought he was good today. He backs out of everything challenge which is soo frustrating. Way to soft, and is 100% not a number 10. Should be on the bench.

Niuhu 6 - nothing he could really do today. Had 2 men sandwiching him every time and ref falling for it every time, yet he jumps against one of their players and he gets penalised. Frustrating. 

Subs...

FF... 7 - best player at the club. As soon as he came on it gave everyone a lift. He has to start every game when fit. 

Da Cruz 6.5 - looked good from the little he played. Looks to have a swag/cockiness about him. Looked very lively. Would start him ahead of reach Saturday

1 hour ago, frastheowl said:

Dawson -5- Back to standing on his line. Doesn’t command his defense. Clean sheet because Miwaw were crap. 

Palmer - 5- Was ok. First game back. Love a Liam Palmer floaty cross into the stand. Didn’t get to see one today 

Iorfa-7- Is a leader. Cracking tackle at the end. Kept kicking it out for throw ins but probably because he has no support. 

Borner - 6- Lost some pace. Harsh booking. 

Odubajo - 5- Looks like a rabbit in the headlights all the time. Kicked it out then stood and watched while they took the throw in over his head. Never been a defender. 

Bannan -4- Crap set pieces. Keeps heading it back into our area. Screams players out then does something stupid and they all come and say OK Baz. Screamed out Borner when he’d been pulled back.Played a bit further forward but no magic from him. Not a captain.  

Pelupessy - 3- Wish he’d taken the money on the 50-50 as opposed to opting to play football games. 

Reach- 2-Hopefully medical research will find a way to grow a backbone and he’ll be first in line. Neshes everything. Shocking foul for the yellow. Should get a season ticket on the North. Could use his pointing. Wish someone had wanted to buy him in January.

Harris - 5-OK but please go and stand in that big space further up the wing where there’s no  no full back. 

Murphy -6- Think he’s getting better. Surprised he was subbed with Nuihu and Reach still on the pitch.

Nuhiu -2- MONK, HIS ONLY DECENT PERFORMANCES ARE WHEN HE COMES ON AS A SUB.PLEASE LEARN THIS!!!! No

pace, falls down, can’t head. 

Forestieri - 5- Looked better than his previous games. Think he’s just crying out for some quality at the side of him and good tactics. 

Da Cruz- 5- Looks to have some pace. Watch this space. 

Monk-4-Clean sheet. Crap tactics. Boring football. Need to

perform better next match with new players. 

Edited by stanningtonowl
  • Haha 1

iorfa for me on the basis of that one tackle alone. Having said that he saved us many times using his pace to cover dangerous situations. Got caught out at the end but got away with it.

Borner was good in parts but doesn't seem as confident as previously. Reach did well to say he was played out of position. lovely rugby tackle on one of their players. Nobody can say he can't tackle after that. Just forgot what game he was playing. Seriously he was half decent compared to recently.

FF and Da Cruz both looked good

Guest LittleG

Big Dom (7) obviously. Borner (6) put some good tackles in and is always there of thereabouts. Moses (5) looked better today. JP (3) was awful. A lot criticising Reach (6) but thought he put a good shift in today and was noticeably better than Harris (4) and Murphy (5) Nuhiu (3) was awful apart from two passes to FF in second half. He is so slow, doesn't even attempt to jump and doesn't worry defenders. Game changed when FF (6) and Cruz (6) came on. Poor, uninspiring performance in the main only livened up by introduction of subs.

In the first 20 minutes possibly longer Odubajo was playing as though it was 5 a side. To leave your position and almost end up at right back because their player runs that way was either an instruction or just plain naivety. Given that Harris sometimes ball watches while the action in on the otherside of the field we were lucky thar Millwall didn't have the ability to exploit it because they were not quick enough to pass the ball.

The back line was at times all over the place, a centrehalf 5-10 yards deeper than the rest.

However they all managed to get their act together.

Nuhiu struggled, when he stands off he gets fouled. When he challenges he causes a foul. Now some were and some were not but he got no help off the ref. He did get slightly better when the subs came on as they got closer to him and made some decent runs, which stopped them sticking 2 men on him as others had to be watched.

As for the midfield we are struggling to impose ourselves, not sure what the answer is. It's getting to a point where everyone is nearly making a good tackle, nearly making a good pass.

It's time they stood up to be counted and take some responsibility but our tactics at the moment dictate we are scrapping for second balls. We simply do not have the strength to compete.

BB is struggling because we are playing in straight, rigid lines. Not many diagonal runs, no one trying to find space, he misses Lee who did all that. With more intelligent players BB can find them. Is Luongo the answer? No idea as he keeps getting niggling injuries. Hopefully with the newer players the pressure will ease and we will see the BB we all know and love.

Dawson 6

Palmer 6

Iorfa 8*

Borner 6

Moses 6

Murphy 5

Jp 5

Reach 6 

Bb 6

Harris 5

Nuhiu 5 

Murphy and harris not good enough to start now we've options, stats are sorry, 3 assists between them in 51 apps, we need triple that rate from 1 winger never mind 2 if we're serious and more goals from the widemen too.

May as well give cruz and ff a proper run in a 433/4231 now, with windass in for jp and wickham for nuhiu a minimum, after another toothless showing until decent subs came on.

Anyone slating Dawson’s kicks today didn’t go....he had 1 iffy kick, the rest we’re fine.....a couple of low drop kicks trying to set people away didn’t quite come off but you’d have all on finding world class midfielders to pull some of those of never mind a keeper.

said it many times this season......the kicking ability of the keeper would get anywhere near a top 50 of problems we have, the kicking ability of the outfield players needs sorting first

• Haha 1

Dawson 6 - nothing to do 

Palmer 5 - solid enough defensively but going forward he is woeful, loves an over hit aimless punt in the box or down the line.

Iorfa 8 - MOTM.

Borner 6 - solid enough

Odubajo 4 - his defensive awareness is shocking.

Murphy 5 - Poor

Bannan 3 - woeful in every aspect he's capable of so much better than what he showed today

Pelupessy 3 - the usual annonymous, chasing shadows, where's Bannan? kind of performance from him

Harris 5 - needs taking out of the side for a game or two.

Reach 4 - runs around alot but as always he did very little and looked totally out of his depth in the #10 position

Nuhiu 5 - Poor but left totally isolated... He's a sub not a starter but we have known this for about 6 years.

Da Cruz 6 - 20 minutes off the bench and you can already tell he's better than most of our other attackers.

Forestieri 7 - a footballer that shows urgency and can pass and move a rare sight at Hillsborough these days...

If we would have had a midfield that consisted of Luongo and Hutchinson we would have won that today, FF and Cruz looked lively when they came on but the fact that we had Pelupessy and a very poor Barry Bannan in midfield meant we lost the battle in midfield and couldn't sustain a period of attacking pressure.

All in all another drab day at Hillsborough.

Not sure why so many are heaping such high praise ok Iorfa . He is far from a problem area but the defending towards the end was dire and highlights why we concede late so often . There wasn’t really a man of the match as such , it’s was so poor again . 

encouraged by the new lad though , promising signs there . 

bannan showed once again that he’s been here far too long and we need a change in that position 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Iorfa...but switched off at the end and nearly cost us

To be fair that was more Borner than Iorfa.

no surprise bannan and harris got zero again both need dropping ,problem is there aint any other midfielders here apart from llongo who`s injured.  were nuhius family over? got 5 guess mum dad uncle aunt cousin voted for him or was it his mother what has 5 different accounts? as I didn't see a man of the match performance lol 

Iorfa for me once again, which also shows you the state of our performances this season.

We looked like we could have been done on the counter attack nearly all the first half and were miles away from being solid. Thankfully Iorfa is sheite off a shovel. like Awful and turgid display, regardless of the available players. Wheres our football identity, or are we just a hoofball team from now on? If so i'm sure Bassett would have been cheaper to employ. Picked up slightly in the 2nd half due to de Cruz and Fernando being brave on the ball and trying to be attacking, rest of were just shirking as always. Bannan flapping his arms about, Reach pointing instead of marking up. We get dominated, ball wise from nearly every team we play. No-one can tell me that's because they all have better players than we have, not having that.

Bit of a rant but its terrible to watch a team who used to play decent football being reduced to this crap week in week out.