L**ds United - V- Wednesday

Guest Bulgaria
2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Borukov phoned me up. Could hardly hear him ( he was whispering). He said ‘ whatever you do , don’t say anything on owlstalk, but gaffer monk he put me on Subbo seat against those dirties Leeds. For big kicks into goal when jordy toads gets big hook on hour’

I told him not to use my house phone as he should be finishing off tiling my bathroom the rascal.

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Me neither.

So where do these 'whispers' come from!?

There's about 4 of the young lads train with the first team isn't there. To make the numbers up. 

I guess people just see that on the training park and think there must be more to it. 

1 hour ago, scilly owl said:

Bamford... aswell as the deck shoes and skinny trousers he’d also be wearing a Ralph Lauren polo shirt with a Crew Clothing sweater draped over his shoulders and I’d be lone wolf in the student car park gaffer taping the dead mackerel to the exhaust of his VW Golf.

Sounds very detailed, almost like you've performed said act previously...

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

No. Infact, bit of a bummer, it looks like Pablo Hernandez is back for them. 

A timely boost for them. 

Tempting fate here but according to my Leeds pal Hernandez has been off the pace this season.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Tempting fate here but according to my Leeds pal Hernandez has been off the pace this season.

Their local press described his return as like having two Christmases!

We shall see. Been out since beginning of December mind, so probably the bench.Especially with the way he has them charging about.

Just now, Holmowl said:

I’d be gobsmacked if we don’t go 442 today.

High wind and Leeds’ excellent play thru the middle will lead a Monk to replicate what he did very well at home v Leeds.

I expect it will be Nuhiu-Rhodes. 

God I hope not. 

Start Winnall. 

At least he can move a bit. 

20 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

There's about 4 of the young lads train with the first team isn't there. To make the numbers up. 

I guess people just see that on the training park and think there must be more to it. 

Cheers; I hadn't thought of that.

It seems the urge to appear 'ITK' leads some to put 2 and 2 together and get 5; then a load of others follow their lead.

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It seems the urge to appear 'ITK' leads some to put 2 and 2 together and get 5; then a load of others follow their lead.

Indeed. And they only have to say it once and a kid appears in the squad and that's that. Kudos!

Of course. Most of the time it doesn't happen. 

Bet there's been plenty wishing they'd tipped Urhoghhide last week instead of Borukov....they'd have been made for life!! In ITK terms.

People tweeting them every week asking for their team news.

They'd have felt like Nixon. People hanging on their every word.

Or what have you.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, doubleo said:

Reach is due a screamer now he’s got the taste for it at Brighton. Baza with a pen. 2-0 Wednesday. Prefer Winnal up front to the other alternatives. At least he’s mobile and makes a nuisance of himself.

My daughter who plays cb in U12's just scored a 40 yard screamer free kick into a 45mph head wind. 

Hopefully it's a sign?! 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

High wind and Leeds’ excellent play thru the middle will lead a Monk to replicate what he did very well at home v Leeds.

You could be right. I live in the outskirts of Leeds and it’s very windy at the moment. If we do go 4-4-2, I’d go with Dave and Winnall. Moreover, Bielsa will adopt his tactics and go 3-4-3. It worked at ours and maybe it’s our best bet. 

Guest LittleG
23 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I hope not because without Fletcher alongside them the other 3 aren't up to it. Hope he goes with the extra body in midfield like he did at  Brighton.