L**ds United - V- Wednesday

10 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Our attacking options at the minute are absolutely abysmal. I think the best we can hope for is to keep it tight and hope to nick something near the end 

Luckily for us Monk currently holds the record for goals coming from most players. 16 different players on the score sheets, and that's good for us seeing as our strikers don't quite click.

I'll take another 0-4 lead by half time, like we did v Forest, is that too big an ask today? :biggrin:

Brentford really clicking into gear. 

In this sort of form, they will take some stopping. 

Play some excellent football. 

Makes it all the mystifying that we beat them (deservedly so in the end) and have decided to lose three league games in a row shortly thereafter. 

Infuriating.  

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Brentford really clicking into gear. 

In this sort of form, they will take some stopping. 

Play some excellent football. 

Makes it all the mystifying that we beat them (deservedly so in the end) and have decided to lose three league games in a row shortly thereafter. 

Infuriating.  

They show what good scouting and recruitment can do for you. They dont sign big name players , they recruit well from the lower leagues and abroad without spending much money. 

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

They show what good scouting and recruitment can do for you. They dont sign big name players , they recruit well from the lower leagues and abroad without spending much money. 

And play progressive football with a high line

None of that tippy tappy passing sideways and backwards like we often do FFS

Sides who play like they want to win often get what they want

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

They did spend somewhere in the region of £25m+ in the summer, but they also offset that by bringing in a similar amount by selling the likes of Maupay etc.

Please SWFC for one day make those travelling fans proud put in a massive display from first minute to last.

if Leeds play better than us and win, so be it but don't let them boss the game of have another off day.

I hope for all 3 points and will wait and see what happens but you can normally tell what game we are going to get from the line-up.

11 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Don't disagree & Brentford in a lot of people's eyes seem to be the Holy Grail of this approach.

Net result though?

Perpetual nearly men / also ran's. 

Not having a pop by the way, they just never seem to achieve real progress.

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Please SWFC for one day make those travelling fans proud put in a massive display from first minute to last.

if Leeds play better than us and win, so be it but don't let them boss the game of have another off day.

I hope for all 3 points and will wait and see what happens but you can normally tell what game we are going to get from the line-up.

Tbf, this season we have stuck four goals past both Forest and Boro in the first half...

Just now, bigthinrob said:

Don't disagree & Brentford in a lot of people's eyes seem to be the Holy Grail of this approach.

Net result though?

Perpetual nearly men / also ran's. 

Not having a pop by the way, they just never seem to achieve real progress.

If they get to the Premier then I think they'll do well. They'll not have the same pressure to sell. 

And with the new ground....and them being in london (which seems to be attractive to some folk)..I think they'll be able to carry on what they're doing but get in an even better quality of up and coming new player.

Possibly.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

If they get to the Premier then I think they'll do well. They'll not have the same pressure to sell. 

And with the new ground....and them being in london (which seems to be attractive to some folk)..I think they'll be able to carry on what they're doing but get in an even better quality of up and coming new player.

Possibly.

You could well be right Sir.

I do however find this constant slavish adoration of 'selling' clubs like Brentford a bit grating. 

Especially as we've pretty much been one since the 60s with a few odd exceptions.

Also, 'expectations' come into play.

Do you think the S6 'loyal' would take & accept the patient 'non expectant' approach that Brentford have enjoyed?