Just got back

31 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

No, I’ve been to 8 out of the last 10 but couldn’t go today since our lasses birthday. Look, first game we’ve deserved to lose under monk which ain’t bad. Keep calm. Thanks!

agree with other guy ,same here don't usually drive to games 4hour round trip in rain dense fog , watching 1 of if not the worst performance ive ever seen , it makes burton a Bolton a etc etc look good . we were a joke , it was all over pitch , id let fox off he was ok , our keeper dawson must have added a few grand a week with that performance ,saved us from a Newcastle type drubbing it could easily have ended up with them getting 8-10 goals , even just in injury time they scored 2 and we had dawson saving 2 , 1st half we should have been 4-0 down . totally unacceptable performance but while Rhodes nuhiu are up front I don't see it improving . play fletcher winnall next game , and get another striker in on 1st jan . get that waste of space forestieri out ,some players play with pain some with busted legs as they want to earn there wage he don't we don't need players like him in out club . 

44 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Excellent summing up mate.

I maintain & have done for a while that Iorfa isn’t the same player while he has to keep an eye on Lees. 

Agree re the ref, fell for everything they tried on. 

Apart from the nailed on pen he failed to give them 

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

agree with other guy ,same here don't usually drive to games 4hour round trip in rain dense fog , watching 1 of if not the worst performance ive ever seen , it makes burton a Bolton a etc etc look good . we were a joke , it was all over pitch , id let fox off he was ok , our keeper dawson must have added a few grand a week with that performance ,saved us from a Newcastle type drubbing it could easily have ended up with them getting 8-10 goals , even just in injury time they scored 2 and we had dawson saving 2 , 1st half we should have been 4-0 down . totally unacceptable performance but while Rhodes nuhiu are up front I don't see it improving . play fletcher winnall next game , and get another striker in on 1st jan . get that waste of space forestieri out ,some players play with pain some with busted legs as they want to earn there wage he don't we don't need players like him in out club . 

Cheers for the summary. One of my mates went down today and said the same. Probably our worst performance all season and we lost 3-2 in injury time. I still think we can get top 6 quite comfortably without a points deduction. 

Be prepared to lose control of games in a 4-4-2 but I totally agree, we need a striker with pace and mobility to play in this formation. We should consider bids for Rhodes, Winnall, FF and Dave in January but I don’t expect many suitors. 

Cheers

7 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

got rid of a few but some are still cashing in, be rid soon hopefully.

5 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Cheers for the summary. One of my mates went down today and said the same. Probably our worst performance all season and we lost 3-2 in injury time. I still think we can get top 6 quite comfortably without a points deduction. 

Be prepared to lose control of games in a 4-4-2 but I totally agree, we need a striker with pace and mobility to play in this formation. We should consider bids for Rhodes, Winnall, FF and Dave in January but I don’t expect many suitors. 

Cheers

who would be daft enough to take them on.

1 hour ago, toooldforthis said:

Just got back...Dawson was great, could have been 5-2 today apart from 3 very very good stops. Iorfa was a bit shaky, Lees isn't a captain, Palmer was a bit lost against Klucas (he's a very good player) and Fox did ok. Midfield was over run and we couldn't string any passes together.

They closed us down everywhere on the pitch we didn't.

25 fouls by Wednesday vs 6 fouls by Stoke shows how cute they were...dropped and won fouls/corners and they were way better than us in the air. Ref was really crap about challenges...but they were very smart at winning fouls.

Apart from Dawson we were 5/10 today.

Need to look at those Stoke goals . There is a lack of commanding height in the air at the back and that includes the keeper from what I could see.

2 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Need to look at those Stoke goals . There is a lack of commanding height in the air at the back and that includes the keeper from what I could see.

Yep, I want to see highlights to see what happened close up...I think we played into their hands...long ball game, they are bigger and better. We needed to get it down and play. 

2 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Comfortably the worst I’ve seen us this season. Couldn't make simple passes, no energy in the performance at all and schoolboy defending. 

Please also Monk do not start Nuhiu again, the bloke is a joke. Took him 60 minutes to win a header. 

Apart from  his first attempt in the first couple of mins. but don’t let that stop you . 

49 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

u must be joking ,we made stoke look like man city I thought stoke looked a top 2 team and us bottom of the league ,if it wernt for dawson we might have lost 10-2 and im been serious ,they completely murdered us ,its the worst I think ive ever seen us play in the championship . my heart sunk when I knew nuhiu was starting he is that bad he don't even take shots before game with rest of players ,because he don't want to embarrass himself any more . we were 2nd best all over pitch ,and Rhodes and nuhiu as a partnership would relegate most teams they again  were dreadful . our tactics are so predictable ,kick it back to dawson lump it up pitch and try to win 2nd ball ,just awful . none of our defenders could take the ball forward ,why has borner been dropped? its crazy he is such a good footballer and brings the ball out of defence creates space . if you aint been you have been very very lucky. 

Not having been, I wonder how we are unable to get the ball out to the wing and try to bring it forward when we are under the cosh at the end. It sometimes looks as if even a winger is back defending hence no chance of getting a counter attack going down the wing.

• Thanks 1

All of us top managers in hindsight but the stand out for me was starting Nuhiu head to head against the best old fashioned CH in the division in Shawcross........ horribletwat but wish he was our horribletwat!

start Winnall or even Murphy through the middle, bring Nuhiu on for the last 15 and he defends the high ball & set piece onslaught and we don’t concede 2 injury time goals!