Just got back

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

Excellent summing up mate.

I maintain & have done for a while that Iorfa isn’t the same player while he has to keep an eye on Lees. 

Agree re the ref, fell for everything they tried on. 

I agree...Borner and Iorfa are a great pairing...we need a real captain on the pitch too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Did you see the game?

If you’d done a 4 hour round trip to watch that utter testicles then I’m sure you’d be just as livid. 

No, I’ve been to 8 out of the last 10 but couldn’t go today since our lasses birthday. Look, first game we’ve deserved to lose under monk which ain’t bad. Keep calm. Thanks!

• Like 1

It was an awful performance. Lee Gregory bullied our centre backs. Granted he was fouling them most of the time and the referee gave them absolutely everything. 

Thought a few players let themselves down today. Reach backing out of challenges, looked knackered after the first 5 minutes. Rhodes looked scared to death of Shawcross. Luongo and Bannan lost there battles. Nuhui was been fouled most of the time but would have loved to see him go through one of the centre backs early on to give them something to think about. 

All in all we got bullied. 

Dawson made some fantastic saves though so credit to him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I know it’s all about opinions, but I thought Lees was awful. I thought in the last 10 minutes or so he caused ourselves problems a few times with really poor decision making & execution. 
I also think he drags Iorfa down with him.

Iorfa & Borner  every time for me.

As you say it’s all about opinions.

Iorfa was at fault for the first goal today by complicating a simple piece of defending.

He also can’t head a ball.

Lees and Börner are both players who love defending and generally do the basics right.

To me the secret of defending is doing the basics right every time.

If you get done by a fantastic piece of skill fair enough, but don’t make mistakes to give goals away.

Iorfa has fantastic assets but is just too erratic.

1 minute ago, toooldforthis said:

I agree...Borner and Iorfa are a great pairing...we need a real captain on the pitch too.

Bannan should be captain, Lees should only be a bit player.

Notice Nuhui getting a slating. 

Again, not really starting material, but how we could have done with him off the bench to see the game out. 

Guest LondonOwl313

Seems like everyone slating the strikers but the team performance was shocking.. just an off day for lots of players.

Rhodes is never going to do anything in a game if he’s playing for a team that’s not getting the ball in the box or with a strike partner that’s not winning anything in the air. He’s unlucky after putting in the performance against Forest that Fletcher has been ill as he’s the only player at the club he could play off

But the problems today were midfield being too deep and us not winning the ball generally, plus some mistakes at the back, uncharacteristically from Iorfa.

Just a bad day at the office and need to go again on Sunday

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

As you say it’s all about opinions.

Iorfa was at fault for the first goal today by complicating a simple piece of defending.

He also can’t head a ball.

Lees and Börner are both players who love defending and generally do the basics right.

To me the secret of defending is doing the basics right every time.

If you get done by a fantastic piece of skill fair enough, but don’t make mistakes to give goals away.

Iorfa has fantastic assets but is just too erratic.

Iorfa has pace and can recover positions much better than the other two.. the way he steps in and takes the ball is on another level 

He had an off day today, making the mistake for the opener seemed to get in his head. But he’s been class this season

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Seems like everyone slating the strikers but the team performance was shocking.. just an off day for lots of players.

Rhodes is never going to do anything in a game if he’s playing for a team that’s not getting the ball in the box or with a strike partner that’s not winning anything in the air. He’s unlucky after putting in the performance against Forest that Fletcher has been ill as he’s the only player at the club he could play off

But the problems today were midfield being too deep and us not winning the ball generally, plus some mistakes at the back, uncharacteristically from Iorfa.

Just a bad day at the office and need to go again on Sunday

Can’t agree that Rhodes is unlucky That half an hour against Forest, was a mere blip in almost 70 inept appearances in a Wednesday shirt. He, or a any other of the forwards weren’t solely responsible for such a shocking performance, but until we get better, this is probably as good as it gets

4 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Bannan should be captain, Lees should only be a bit player.

Notice Nuhui getting a slating. 

Again, not really starting material, but how we could have done with him off the bench to see the game out. 

It wasn't Nuhiu's fault today. Their back 4 were probably one of the best I've seen this season. Only Harris made any inroads into them. Nuhiu is a very poor player and we are only playing route 1 long balls at the moment which doesn't play to his one strength (he can be awkward with the ball at his feet). Rhodes got nothing, Winnall got nothing and Murphy got nothing.

We were just poor...we just move on.

10 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

It was an awful performance. Lee Gregory bullied our centre backs. Granted he was fouling them most of the time and the referee gave them absolutely everything. 

Thought a few players let themselves down today. Reach backing out of challenges, looked knackered after the first 5 minutes. Rhodes looked scared to death of Shawcross. Luongo and Bannan lost there battles. Nuhui was been fouled most of the time but would have loved to see him go through one of the centre backs early on to give them something to think about. 

Ref was desperate for them to get something 

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Iorfa has pace and can recover positions much better than the other two.. the way he steps in and takes the ball is on another level 

He had an off day today, making the mistake for the opener seemed to get in his head. But he’s been class this season

Trouble is he has a habit of creating the problems he then needs to recover.

It’s just my opinion.

He is learning his trade as a central defender. 

Personally I would start Lees and Börner on Sunday but I don’t pick the team.

58 minutes ago, horny owl said:

It was by far the most painful game to watch all season

Two sh!t sides but we were the worst of the two

u must be joking ,we made stoke look like man city I thought stoke looked a top 2 team and us bottom of the league ,if it wernt for dawson we might have lost 10-2 and im been serious ,they completely murdered us ,its the worst I think ive ever seen us play in the championship . my heart sunk when I knew nuhiu was starting he is that bad he don't even take shots before game with rest of players ,because he don't want to embarrass himself any more . we were 2nd best all over pitch ,and Rhodes and nuhiu as a partnership would relegate most teams they again  were dreadful . our tactics are so predictable ,kick it back to dawson lump it up pitch and try to win 2nd ball ,just awful . none of our defenders could take the ball forward ,why has borner been dropped? its crazy he is such a good footballer and brings the ball out of defence creates space . if you aint been you have been very very lucky. 

19 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

id give dawson 10 today ,outstanding saved us from an absolute mauling ,not 1 of our outfield player comes out with any credit from that , I didn't think it was possible for a team bottom of the championship to look like man city playing Rochdale , they were so much better than us it was unreal ,there players were fired up I knew they have talented players but I thought if we started game well then there confidence would drop and crowd would start getting at them couldn't have been more the opposite they would wish they could play us every week. 

Was sat with my lad in with the home fans just up and to the left of the Wednesday fans.

We were awful, and watching that stoppage time collapse amongst the home fans and then walking back with a broken 9 year old to the car in the rain in silence as they celebrated around us will go down as the worst experience supporting Wednesday in memory.

I'm nearly 40, supported Wednesday since 1992 and that comfortably ranked above the 8-0, 7-1, play off semi defeat and playoff final no-show as the very worst.

Amazing what a big pizza and 30 second open swearing session can do to make you (and the lad) feel so much better. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, davey_wells said:

Was sat with my lad in with the home fans just up and to the left of the Wednesday fans.

We were awful, and watching that stoppage time collapse amongst the home fans and then walking back with a broken 9 year old to the car in the rain in silence as they celebrated around us will go down as the worst experience supporting Wednesday in memory.

I'm nearly 40, supported Wednesday since 1992 and that comfortably ranked above the 8-0, 7-1, play off semi defeat and playoff final no-show as the very worst.

Amazing what a big pizza and 30 second open swearing session can do to make you (and the lad) feel so much better. 

whiskey and beer in my case but will be just as hurtful in the morning.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Anyone think the players may have been carried away with the retoric and believed that they didn’t have to turn up today? Hopefully they will be doing hill reps in Grenoble woods at 0600 tomorrow morning.

I don't think they deserve a skiing holiday after that performance mate!