Just got back

9 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

The sensible thing would have been to reinvest the Joao money into bringing in a replacement forward in the summer.

You cannot lose the firepower of Joao, Hooper & Matias in one transfer window and not address that situation.  Everyone could see that.

Chansiri let the fans down badly on that score.

Matias:ph34r:

the others true

12 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

The sensible thing would have been to reinvest the Joao money into bringing in a replacement forward in the summer.

You cannot lose the firepower of Joao, Hooper & Matias in one transfer window and not address that situation.  Everyone could see that.

Chansiri let the fans down badly on that score.

Especially when you're left with Rhodes (essentially like playing with 10 men) and Winnall who has very little game time. 

42 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Comfortably the worst I’ve seen us this season. Couldn't make simple passes, no energy in the performance at all and schoolboy defending. 

Please also Monk do not start Nuhiu again, the bloke is a joke. Took him 60 minutes to win a header. 

Apart from the 1st 2 headers of he game.

Poor today but let's not exaggerate things.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, debram said:

Appreciate a honest view from someone who made the journey, ime gutted god knows how you feel, Mr Monk, your decision to let them rest xmas day backfired, it means nothing to them, treat them with the respect they deserve, hope you have the power to get rid and renew in january.

Just got back...Dawson was great, could have been 5-2 today apart from 3 very very good stops. Iorfa was a bit shaky, Lees isn't a captain, Palmer was a bit lost against Klucas (he's a very good player) and Fox did ok. Midfield was over run and we couldn't string any passes together.

They closed us down everywhere on the pitch we didn't.

25 fouls by Wednesday vs 6 fouls by Stoke shows how cute they were...dropped and won fouls/corners and they were way better than us in the air. Ref was really crap about challenges...but they were very smart at winning fouls.

Apart from Dawson we were 5/10 today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Visiting family in Scarborough so not been and had no commentary just radio 5 giving updates traveling back. 

Get back about 4.45 and we're 2-1 up, switches tv on just as ssn are showing Stoke equaliser, couple of minutes later and we've lost the usual Wednesday heartbreaking way. 

If we had a cat I would have booted thing.  :duntmatter:

16 minutes ago, unkastav said:

Matias:ph34r:

the others true

He was an awful signing because he was never available and he was on a right wage (a bit like Forestieri these days).  On the rare occasions that Matias did get on the pitch, he was ok.

His pace, movement and trickery with the ball helped us.  I’d rather have him in the starting XI than someone who offers none of that, like Rhodes.

33 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Easily the worst performance under Monk.

No outfield player played well.

As I said before the game we simply have to start Lees and Börner in central defence, otherwise we just create panic.

For all the supporters of 442 we saw the downside today.

Unless the front two cause the opposition problems the team struggles to get any momentum.

We didn’t half miss Luongo when he went off. 

Hopefully something different on Sunday 

I know it’s all about opinions, but I thought Lees was awful. I thought in the last 10 minutes or so he caused ourselves problems a few times with really poor decision making & execution. 
I also think he drags Iorfa down with him.

Iorfa & Borner  every time for me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Just got back...Dawson was great, could have been 5-2 today apart from 3 very very good stops. Iorfa was a bit shaky, Lees isn't a captain, Palmer was a bit lost against Klucas (he's a very good player) and Fox did ok. Midfield was over run and we couldn't string any passes together.

They closed us down everywhere on the pitch we didn't.

25 fouls by Wednesday vs 6 fouls by Stoke shows how cute they were...dropped and won fouls/corners and they were way better than us in the air. Ref was really crap about challenges...but they were very smart at winning fouls.

Apart from Dawson we were 5/10 today.

Excellent summing up mate.

I maintain & have done for a while that Iorfa isn’t the same player while he has to keep an eye on Lees. 

Agree re the ref, fell for everything they tried on. 

Just now, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Think it’s more the manner of the performance.

Ye, to be fair, this is the worst performance since monk has come in and the only one we’ve deserved to lose. So let’s not lose perspective. Moreover, we are playing 4-4-2 and we will never control games in this formation. We are doing well and should have more points given our inability to see games out. Cheers 

4 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

He was an awful signing because he was never available and he was on a right wage (a bit like Forestieri these days).  On the rare occasions that Matias did get on the pitch, he was ok.

His pace, movement and trickery with the ball helped us.  I’d rather have him in the starting XI than someone who offers none of that, like Rhodes.

Fair point. Says alot though when matias was released its one of the most relieved ive been to see a player leave