Late 1960’s Goalkeeper

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Do you have that full squad photo, I mentioned? I had it an old programme, but sadly it’s in a box in my lock up

Sadly all my old programmes, dating back to '64/'65 were given away by my ex when we had a differing of opinions, FFS.  Along with all my LPs, EPs and singles. It's a wonder she didn't give the kids away too.

29 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

73 made his debut

He was good keeper. Think he was 16 when he made his debut, may have been our youngest ever player at that point. Played with his collar up. Weird I can remember that but cant remember much about most of this season's matches. 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Peter Wicks was our reserve keeper around that time. There is a squad picture from this period, with about 40 players on it, including 2 youth team keepers None of them your man though

this one guru ?...never heard of crossland 

DSCN0291.thumb.JPG.2aa9b674bc599e2d56454d9ca735b3f2.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, topbrewer said:

Good evening people, not been on here for a while. Just wondering if some of you elder chaps can cast your mind back to the late 60’s early 70’s.

Does anyone recall a goalkeeper called John Crossland playing for the Owls either 1st team or reserves?

Cheers in advance 

With no one having heard of him he may have just been a triallist?

18 hours ago, Nut said:

He was good keeper. Think he was 16 when he made his debut, may have been our youngest ever player at that point. Played with his collar up. Weird I can remember that but cant remember much about most of this season's matches. 

Fox was only 15 on his debut

http://www.adrianbullock.com/swfc/stats/play0194.htm

Never heard of Crossland .... but talking of obscure goalkeepers, I remember that keeper Trevor Pearson, played four games in March / April 1972. Wednesday had a injury crisis with Grummit and Springett injured and the transfer deadline had passed. So Pearson of Norton Woodseats FC or something played as an amateur. 

23 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Think there was a third choice, behind Springett and Wicks, called Gary Scothorn, or something like that

He was the one called on the tannoy just before ko in an FA cup 3rd round tie after Peter Springett  was taken I’ll, at home to QPR I think?

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I like these sort of stats Do you know, did he go on to play for anyone else?

Yeah ...according to the book "The Wednesday Boys" he played for Heanor Town, Kiveton Park, Stocksbridge Works, Matlock Town, Frechville Black Bull, Ecclesfield Red Rose and Windsor BL..... bet you didn't expect that ;)

• Haha 1