Late 1960’s Goalkeeper

Good evening people, not been on here for a while. Just wondering if some of you elder chaps can cast your mind back to the late 60’s early 70’s.

Does anyone recall a goalkeeper called John Crossland playing for the Owls either 1st team or reserves?

Cheers in advance 

37 minutes ago, topbrewer said:

Good evening people, not been on here for a while. Just wondering if some of you elder chaps can cast your mind back to the late 60’s early 70’s.

Does anyone recall a goalkeeper called John Crossland playing for the Owls either 1st team or reserves?

Cheers in advance 

As a regular who rarely missed a game all through that period I can definitely say.......I’ve never heard of him.

1 minute ago, cognacbarnowl said:

I go back as far as Ron Springett, but I can't even remember his stand in, FFS. :sad:

Ron Springett’s stand in was Rory McClaren I think. Only saw him play once cos Ron was pretty much ever present even though he trained with QPR (& England). His brother Peter replaced him mid/late 60’s

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Ron Springett’s stand in was Rory McClaren I think. Only saw him play once cos Ron was pretty much ever present even though he trained with QPR (& England). His brother Peter replaced him mid/late 60’s

Thanks Blatter. I do remember when we swapped Ron for Peter with QPR. Both of them were just about playing every game for us and I'm not 100% certain, but didn't we sign Grummet from Florest to replace Pete ? Also remember Wicks.