Proud of the chairman

38 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Hold on a minute,you admiring the leicester of now and even leeds to an extent,ignoring the fact that they went the administration route to get where they are now is to held up as an example of how to do things is it.

Twice in Leicester’s case!

4 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Our fans are like some poor bloke who's wife has left him and will now accept any old poo just so that he doesn't die alone.

Demand better!

I ain't worried about my Missus, or dying alone, just saying that this current situation, is champagne & oysters compared to the 1970's.  I demand nothing, because "demands" are irrelevant,  Wednesday is what they are, across the decades, either support them or don't.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Neon Nick said:

I ain't worried about my Missus, or dying alone, just saying that this current situation, is champagne & oysters compared to the 1970's.  I demand nothing, because "demands" are irrelevant,  Wednesday is what they are, across the decades, either support them or don't.

For a chap who's looking to "learn" you seem to have pretty well entrenched opinions. 

13 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Big supporter of the chairman,  Personally I don’t see a way of the EFL losing this , I think there may be a strong argument from the club in certain aspects but the EFL will have to find any way possible to make the charges stick , and Gibson’s gonna pressure them all the way to do so 

For me, this is the beginning of the end of Chansiris reign 

All about opinions...... mine is exactly the opposite based on exactly the same information you have.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

All about opinions...... mine is exactly the opposite based on exactly the same information you have.

Course it is pal,  everything’s subjective , I hope I’m wrong aswell 

22 minutes ago, Neon Nick said:

Some of us want better for the club than accepting dross because we were even worse 40 years ago. 

Actually, it's not as though i'm asking for much at all. Just a club that operates within it's means, engages with supporters and has a positive, forward thinking plan of how to improve the club across all aspects. That is the hallmark of a club that is set up for success. We have zero foundations, and that is the fault of the owner.

Edited by owls maniac

Chelsea transfer ban halved. 

Chelsea can buy players in the January transfer window after the court of arbitration for sport announced that the two-window transfer ban has been halved.  

“The sole arbitrator found that CFC did violate Articles 19.1 (related to the international transfer of minors) and 19.3 (related to the first registration of minors), but for a significantly smaller number of players (about one third of the violations found by Fifa). In addition, the violations of other RSTP rules were found to be less serious than those attributed to Chelsea FC by FIFA. Accordingly, the Sole Arbitrator reduced the sanction to one single transfer ban (which Chelsea FC already served during the 2019 summer registration period), and halved the monetary sanction.

Just putting it ot there

The problem I see with the club is we go from one crisis to another all pretty much of our own creating.

DC comes in as the money man Milan was unable to be, in the first season he has a solid base to build on left by the work of Milan and Gray with the help of a football man in Roeder he bring good premiership fringe players in, in Bannan, Foresteri, Hunt, Pudil and some good loans, the signing of Hooper if he could have stayed fit would have been a great bit of business, but already the cracks were starting to show, offering 3 and 4 year deals to players with questionable fitness levels.

The play off final year was a wave of positivity for club of the likes I had not seen since the arrival of Di-Canio, Waddle, Hirst we were playing good English football with 11 men working their socks off for each other and giving 120% for the shirt, mixed in with some real quality players pulling the strings in attack..

We missed the play off and this for me is where it went wrong, DC looked at ways to make more money probably to invest in the team instead of looking for corporate involvement such as a big shirt deal or a naming rights as other teams had done he unfortunately look to the fans, the lifeblood of this team turning up in 20,000 for 20 years when the club and ground decaying around then but still they turn up in their masses to support the blue and white come what may. We live in a poor area of the country not the capital London, the price increases on tickets, merchandise and everything meant fans were priced out of their own team, corporate sponsors were scared off with the 200% price increases on advertising and boxes when they could pay half the price down the road to watch premiership football. He then looked at other ways such as shirt being made in house, there is a reason why most teams use big companies its called 'profit' instead we had our shirts 3 months late and not the greatest of standard at first and all of the sizes seemed to be wrong, not to mention the 50% increase in the price.

Many many other mistakes have been made and too many to mention unless you want this to be 10,000 words, But the latest idea was to sell the stadium to cover the losses of the club for 3 years off miss management and probably the worse recruitment in the history of the Owls under any chairman - symbolised by the signing of a former Dutch international (Urby Emanuelson) on a reported £20,000 a week to play just 27 minutes in a whole season. Over the last 18 months probably due to 2 transfer embargos and numerous players leaving when out of contract, the recruitment has got better and the signing of Borner, Harris and Iorfa could well hopefully be the way forward, signing good talent for not a lot the ways we had signed Brunt, Whelan, McClean, Antonio  in their way to help the club move forward and give us a decent player that could be sold at a profit in he future. 

We now find ourselves at loggerheads with the governing body of our league I pray that the club are in the right and we get off with this, because if we don't I can see us heading the same way as Coventry, Portsmouth and Bradford City all teams that have fallen from grace, over spent to try and get back to the big time, been miss managed and now find themselves in the lower reaches of English football.

The next few months when this case is decided could well define SWFC for the next 5-10 years. I hope and pray as a lifelong Owl that we some how get off with minimal damage. 

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The problem I see with the club is we go from one crisis to another all pretty much of our own creating.

DC comes in as the money man Milan was unable to be, in the first season he has a solid base to build on left by the work of Milan and Gray with the help of a football man in Roeder he bring good premiership fringe players in, in Bannan, Foresteri, Hunt, Pudil and some good loans, the signing of Hooper if he could have stayed fit would have been a great bit of business, but already the cracks were starting to show, offering 3 and 4 year deals to players with questionable fitness levels.

The play off final year was a wave of positivity for club of the likes I had not seen since the arrival of Di-Canio, Waddle, Hirst we were playing good English football with 11 men working their socks off for each other and giving 120% for the shirt, mixed in with some real quality players pulling the strings in attack..

We missed the play off and this for me is where it went wrong, DC looked at ways to make more money probably to invest in the team instead of looking for corporate involvement such as a big shirt deal or a naming rights as other teams had done he unfortunately look to the fans, the lifeblood of this team turning up in 20,000 for 20 years when the club and ground decaying around then but still they turn up in their masses to support the blue and white come what may. We live in a poor area of the country not the capital London, the price increases on tickets, merchandise and everything meant fans were priced out of their own team, corporate sponsors were scared off with the 200% price increases on advertising and boxes when they could pay half the price down the road to watch premiership football. He then looked at other ways such as shirt being made in house, there is a reason why most teams use big companies its called 'profit' instead we had our shirts 3 months late and not the greatest of standard at first and all of the sizes seemed to be wrong, not to mention the 50% increase in the price.

Many many other mistakes have been made and too many to mention unless you want this to be 10,000 words, But the latest idea was to sell the stadium to cover the losses of the club for 3 years off miss management and probably the worse recruitment in the history of the Owls under any chairman - symbolised by the signing of a former Dutch international (Urby Emanuelson) on a reported £20,000 a week to play just 27 minutes in a whole season. Over the last 18 months probably due to 2 transfer embargos and numerous players leaving when out of contract, the recruitment has got better and the signing of Borner, Harris and Iorfa could well hopefully be the way forward, signing good talent for not a lot the ways we had signed Brunt, Whelan, McClean, Antonio  in their way to help the club move forward and give us a decent player that could be sold at a profit in he future. 

We now find ourselves at loggerheads with the governing body of our league I pray that the club are in the right and we get off with this, because if we don't I can see us heading the same way as Coventry, Portsmouth and Bradford City all teams that have fallen from grace, over spent to try and get back to the big time, been miss managed and now find themselves in the lower reaches of English football.

The next few months when this case is decided could well define SWFC for the next 5-10 years. I hope and pray as a lifelong Owl that we some how get off with minimal damage. 

This in a nutshell is why no one should be 'proud' of Chansiri. No responsible owner plays russian roulette with a football club. If this goes boobies up then there is nothing stopping him just jetting back to Thailand. As usual it will be the supporters who suffer. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

This in a nutshell is why no one should be 'proud' of Chansiri. No responsible owner plays russian roulette with a football club. If this goes boobies up then there is nothing stopping him just jetting back to Thailand. As usual it will be the supporters who suffer. 

Not sure he can just get on a plane and leave. He’s got a lot of money tied up, he will need to find a buyer, may be he’s already trying to find one?

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Not until DC writes his memoirs will we get closer to actually what went on behind the scenes.

For me Wednesday along with one or two big long stay clubs in the Championship (Derby and Forest) have fallen foul of the FFP, in that they have the financial backing but not allowed to spend and not had any parachute payments at all or for a number of years.   

And to challenge for promotion as their fans in the main dictate they have had to creative in how they raise money to do so.  Ultimately teams for whatever reason fail to get promoted.

The Championship over the past few years is littered with such clubs another two being QPR and Leicester, I'm sure that they will be other clubs who have had to be creative.

I appreciate that FFP is there to protect clubs but it does appear that some clubs are being held back by FFP, maybe it's time to revisit FFP and come up with a better system.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Let us see us get cleared in court ,Before all this tripe about being proud of the chairman.We had some dark dark days before the championship. I pray to God we do get proven innocent ,If found guilty Chansiri  is finished at Hillsborough.

No he's not. He the club, he could appoint anyone to run the club and can still run it behind the scenes. Ok can't attend EFL meetings etc or pose with new players. 

If the EFL ban Chansiri he will be gone, sold to the first reasonable bidder 

But don’t worry .... no dodgy people will get past the EFL’s fit and proper person test , will they ? 

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Not until DC writes his memoirs will we get closer to actually what went on behind the scenes.

For me Wednesday along with one or two big long stay clubs in the Championship (Derby and Forest) have fallen foul of the FFP, in that they have the financial backing but not allowed to spend and not had any parachute payments at all or for a number of years.   

And to challenge for promotion as their fans in the main dictate they have had to creative in how they raise money to do so.  Ultimately teams for whatever reason fail to get promoted.

The Championship over the past few years is littered with such clubs another two being QPR and Leicester, I'm sure that they will be other clubs who have had to be creative.

I appreciate that FFP is there to protect clubs but it does appear that some clubs are being held back by FFP, maybe it's time to revisit FFP and come up with a better system.

Why couldn't money be raised by selling players, even clubs like Liverpool sell players every now and then?
Selling players and replacing players not only is better financially but stops the playing staff going stale.
The art I guess is buying and selling players at the right time.

23 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Probably losing millions of pounds which he would never get back might make him stick around. Thing at the heart of all this is the EFL trying to dictate what owners can do with their own money. Football is a business let it run like it and stop trying to create some ideal where you can not buy who you want. All about keeping the PL for the PL. EFL are just worried to upset the PL, why do they let PL clubs spend more?

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Why couldn't money be raised by selling players, even clubs like Liverpool sell players every now and then?
Selling players and replacing players not only is better financially but stops the playing staff going stale.
The art I guess is buying and selling players at the right time.

I take your point but I'm talking in general, clubs have sold players and still failed to go up (Brentford for one).   

Edited by Inspector Lestrade

1 minute ago, Harrysgame said:

Probably losing millions of pounds which he would never get back might make him stick around. Thing at the heart of all this is the EFL trying to dictate what owners can do with their own money. Football is a business let it run like it and stop trying to create some ideal where you can not buy who you want. All about keeping the PL for the PL. EFL are just worried to upset the PL, why do they let PL clubs spend more?

Depends how deep his pockets are.  FFP isn't just an EFL thing- all the major footballing bodies have their own version of it. It's up to the clubs  - which are the entities that make up the EFL - to comply with the rules or face the consequences if they don't. 

I remember Chansiri saying we were getting advice from EFL when we were under soft transfer embargo.  Only thing I can think is what they have said about no money of the sale being paid yet. So Chansiri needs to get on his banking app n switch the money in his accounts over lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I take your point but I'm talking in general, clubs have sold players and still failed to go up (Brentford for one).   

Brentford have made fantastic progress. Selling players (alongside having an actual plan with the right people to implement the actual plan) has facilitated that progress. They started from a very different based to us. Promotion is not the only bench mark. They’ve successfully avoided embargo’s and EFL charges (whilst building a new stadium).

We can only hope it turns out OK this time and any progress we make will be achieved by emulating them (or getting very lucky). Any better than ‘OK’ is currently a pipe dream.

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Brentford have made fantastic progress. Selling players (alongside having an actual plan with the right people to implement the actual plan) has facilitated that progress. They started from a very different based to us. Promotion is not the only bench mark. They’ve successfully avoided embargo’s and EFL charges (whilst building a new stadium).

We can only hope it turns out OK this time and any progress we make will be achieved by emulating them (or getting very lucky). Any better than ‘OK’ is currently a pipe dream.

Agree i'm really impressed with their progress and if they carry on as they have been over the past few years then they can start to dream.