Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Hookowl said:

That's not clear cut at all.

 

Section 21 of the new Companies Act 71 of 2008 provides for an exception to the rule that a person cannot bind a non-existent principal, which determines that a person may act as an agent for a company to be formed. The Act states in section 21(1) that a person may enter into a written agreement in the name of, or purport to act in the name of, or on behalf of, an entity that is contemplated to be incorporated in terms of this Act, but does not yet exist at the time.

 

Also, a business doesnt have to be incorporated in order to exist and trade. He could have set the business up as a sole trader or partnership. Pretty unlikely but still possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Royal_D said:


Creative interpretation

Totally the opposite. Taking the figures at face value. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/12/2019 at 12:04, SallyCinnamon said:

Proud? We really do accept poo as a fanbase don't we.

 

I'm not the EFL's biggest fan, but it's terrible we are even in this position in the first place. It could easily have been avoidable if the football club was ran sustainably and properly. 

What club in the EFL is run "sustainably".  I'll wait, because they are none.  

 

The system is rigged.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/12/2019 at 19:26, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I'm not sure

 

How can a system that rewards failure (parachute payments) but doesn't allow rich chairmen to invest money, be ligit

 

Go Dejphon.

Exactly. And how can the same EFL that didn't protect Bury, Bolton or Blackpool claim that this is for the right reasons. Rules are rules, I know, but DC wants to invest with potentially no returns. The systems foooked. They weren't sticking their noses on when "Sir" Dave Richards was foookin the job up here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of this reminds me of Chamberlain, coming back from a conference with hitler, after being bullied by Hitler and told that if England does NOT agree, that he, hitler, will be even more mad.   Then, Churchill steps up and says fuuck you hitler, let's have a go. And the RAF, severely out-classed, shot the Nazis, out of the sky, and they never came back for another dose.  Same here.

 

The EFL is going to get the same, because ONE Club, says fuuck you and the horse you rode in on, let's have at it.  That Club would  be Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.  Hat's off and raise a glass to DC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's running the club into the ground.

 

But whilstever he has a battle he is happy, because it appears that front and appearances is more important than sustainability and function.

 

I was his biggest cheerleader, but whilstever we are still bogged down with the 2017/18 accounts I wonder how he is preparing for the 2018/19 accounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

He's running the club into the ground.

 

But whilstever he has a battle he is happy, because it appears that front and appearances is more important than sustainability and function.

 

I was his biggest cheerleader, but whilstever we are still bogged down with the 2017/18 accounts I wonder how he is preparing for the 2018/19 accounts.

How is he running the Club into the ground?  Legal nonsense aside, when was the last time YOU saw Wednesday, on the Pitch, looking so good?  He's probably not happy about the FFP battle, none of us are, but he ain't jumping ship just because it's getting  tough, and he's never made any money, been 5 years now about making no money, but Wednesday keeps looking better on the pitch  want's to keep spending HIS money, thing is the LAW (laugh) says he can't.  Fuuck FFP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t read the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned that the Chairman of EFL is Rick Parry, Liverpool born and bred, educated at Liverpool University. Lifelong Liverpool supporter. Ex Chief Executive of Liverpool FC and member of EUFA investigation and Financial Fair Play Board - coincidentally stepped down from this role in October 2019.

Do I sense the possibility of an agenda against our club, or am I totally mistaken?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2hoots said:

I haven’t read the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned that the Chairman of EFL is Rick Parry, Liverpool born and bred, educated at Liverpool University. Lifelong Liverpool supporter. Ex Chief Executive of Liverpool FC and member of EUFA investigation and Financial Fair Play Board - coincidentally stepped down from this role in October 2019.

Do I sense the possibility of an agenda against our club, or am I totally mistaken?

FFS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Socialist_Owl said:

What club in the EFL is run "sustainably".  I'll wait, because they are none.  

 

The system is rigged.  

PNE? Off the top of my head

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Neon Nick said:

How is he running the Club into the ground?  Legal nonsense aside, when was the last time YOU saw Wednesday, on the Pitch, looking so good?  He's probably not happy about the FFP battle, none of us are, but he ain't jumping ship just because it's getting  tough, and he's never made any money, been 5 years now about making no money, but Wednesday keeps looking better on the pitch  want's to keep spending HIS money, thing is the LAW (laugh) says he can't.  Fuuck FFP.

 

Hmmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Neon Nick said:

How is he running the Club into the ground?  Legal nonsense aside, when was the last time YOU saw Wednesday, on the Pitch, looking so good?  He's probably not happy about the FFP battle, none of us are, but he ain't jumping ship just because it's getting  tough, and he's never made any money, been 5 years now about making no money, but Wednesday keeps looking better on the pitch  want's to keep spending HIS money, thing is the LAW (laugh) says he can't.  Fuuck FFP.

 

Leicester, Leeds and Liverpool are examples of clubs who sold their best players and ultimately became better as a result.

 

The nuanced thought processes that ambitious clubs inhibit are seemingly bereft at Hillsborough as we charge on with hapless, expensive and debilitating signings as we lumber through another season with an average age squad 5 years older than it should be.

 

How on earth are we going to be able to offer new contracts to the limited talent we have when we have been run so unsustainably? Within the next 12-18 months we are essentially going to have to build a totally new team under very tight restrictions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

 

Leicester, Leeds and Liverpool are examples of clubs who sold their best players and ultimately became better as a result.

 

The nuanced thought processes that ambitious clubs inhibit are seemingly bereft at Hillsborough as we charge on with hapless, expensive and debilitating signings as we lumber through another season with an average age squad 5 years older than it should be.

 

How on earth are we going to be able to offer new contracts to the limited talent we have when we have been run so unsustainably? Within the next 12-18 months we are essentially going to have to build a totally new team under very tight restrictions.

Absolutely correct.

 

At the heart of this is that Chansiri has very little knowledge of how football works. Coupled with the fact that he is clearly impervious to advice and you have a recipe for disaster. He has bet the farm on promotion, lost and now has no clue how to get us back on track by selling players.

 

Problem is that it is not just the finances that he has trashed. Over the last four years ticket prices have been some of the highest in the league, alienating long standing supporters. The commercial arm of the club has totally stagnated due to exorbitant pricing- as demonstrated every home game by the darkened executive boxes. The stadium has been separated from the club, making us incredibly vulnerable to a rogue owner booting us out of our stadium of 120 years. 

 

How anyone can say they are proud of the chairman is beyond me. This is a guy who's mismanagement has meant we have almost constantly been in conflict with one authority or other- SYP, SAG, EFL. 

 

It really is time fans woke up and smelt the coffee, or they will very soon be dragging themselves to Forest Green. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, 2hoots said:

I haven’t read the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned that the Chairman of EFL is Rick Parry, Liverpool born and bred, educated at Liverpool University. Lifelong Liverpool supporter. Ex Chief Executive of Liverpool FC and member of EUFA investigation and Financial Fair Play Board - coincidentally stepped down from this role in October 2019.

Do I sense the possibility of an agenda against our club, or am I totally mistaken?

No mate. We are just shambolically run. The whole Liverpool conspiracy thing is embarrassing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Absolutely correct.

 

At the heart of this is that Chansiri has very little knowledge of how football works. Coupled with the fact that he is clearly impervious to advice and you have a recipe for disaster. He has bet the farm on promotion, lost and now has no clue how to get us back on track by selling players.

 

Problem is that it is not just the finances that he has trashed. Over the last four years ticket prices have been some of the highest in the league, alienating long standing supporters. The commercial arm of the club has totally stagnated due to exorbitant pricing- as demonstrated every home game by the darkened executive boxes. The stadium has been separated from the club, making us incredibly vulnerable to a rogue owner booting us out of our stadium of 120 years. 

 

How anyone can say they are proud of the chairman is beyond me. This is a guy who's mismanagement has meant we have almost constantly been in conflict with one authority or other- SYP, SAG, EFL. 

 

It really is time fans woke up and smelt the coffee, or they will very soon be dragging themselves to Forest Green. 

 

100%.

 

The selective blindness and deafness is disgraceful.

 

He'll carry on doing it, while ever it's condoned.

 

Nobody wants him to go, we just want him to run us properly and sustainably, with a long term plan.

 

Struggle to understand why the Apologists and club employees can't grasp this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2hoots said:

I haven’t read the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned that the Chairman of EFL is Rick Parry, Liverpool born and bred, educated at Liverpool University. Lifelong Liverpool supporter. Ex Chief Executive of Liverpool FC and member of EUFA investigation and Financial Fair Play Board - coincidentally stepped down from this role in October 2019.

Do I sense the possibility of an agenda against our club, or am I totally mistaken?

 

27 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

No mate. We are just shambolically run. The whole Liverpool conspiracy thing is embarrassing. 

 

Whist I agree that it may be improbable, it's certainly not implausible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

 

100%.

 

The selective blindness and deafness is disgraceful.

 

He'll carry on doing it, while ever it's condoned.

 

Nobody wants him to go, we just want him to run us properly and sustainably, with a long term plan.

 

Struggle to understand why the Apologists and club employees can't grasp this.

Nobody wants him to go,really,i mean really ?

There were people dancing round the maypole high fiving each other on here when he said/announced the club was up for sale at the fans forum,saying it would be for the good of swfc if he did leave,those folks haven't disappeared or changed their minds..............nobody wants him to leave.............behave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

 

Leicester, Leeds and Liverpool are examples of clubs who sold their best players and ultimately became better as a result.

 

The nuanced thought processes that ambitious clubs inhibit are seemingly bereft at Hillsborough as we charge on with hapless, expensive and debilitating signings as we lumber through another season with an average age squad 5 years older than it should be.

 

How on earth are we going to be able to offer new contracts to the limited talent we have when we have been run so unsustainably? Within the next 12-18 months we are essentially going to have to build a totally new team under very tight restrictions.

Are we now holding those two clubs as a shining example of how to be run,forgetting the small matter of those two clubs shafting all and sundry and then came out smelling of roses................................not for me Arthur.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...