Proud of the chairman

All of this reminds me of Chamberlain, coming back from a conference with hitler, after being bullied by Hitler and told that if England does NOT agree, that he, hitler, will be even more mad.   Then, Churchill steps up and says fuuck you hitler, let's have a go. And the RAF, severely out-classed, shot the Nazis, out of the sky, and they never came back for another dose.  Same here.

The EFL is going to get the same, because ONE Club, says fuuck you and the horse you rode in on, let's have at it.  That Club would  be Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.  Hat's off and raise a glass to DC.

He's running the club into the ground.

But whilstever he has a battle he is happy, because it appears that front and appearances is more important than sustainability and function.

I was his biggest cheerleader, but whilstever we are still bogged down with the 2017/18 accounts I wonder how he is preparing for the 2018/19 accounts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

He's running the club into the ground.

But whilstever he has a battle he is happy, because it appears that front and appearances is more important than sustainability and function.

I was his biggest cheerleader, but whilstever we are still bogged down with the 2017/18 accounts I wonder how he is preparing for the 2018/19 accounts.

How is he running the Club into the ground?  Legal nonsense aside, when was the last time YOU saw Wednesday, on the Pitch, looking so good?  He's probably not happy about the FFP battle, none of us are, but he ain't jumping ship just because it's getting  tough, and he's never made any money, been 5 years now about making no money, but Wednesday keeps looking better on the pitch  want's to keep spending HIS money, thing is the LAW (laugh) says he can't.  Fuuck FFP.

I haven’t read the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned that the Chairman of EFL is Rick Parry, Liverpool born and bred, educated at Liverpool University. Lifelong Liverpool supporter. Ex Chief Executive of Liverpool FC and member of EUFA investigation and Financial Fair Play Board - coincidentally stepped down from this role in October 2019.

Do I sense the possibility of an agenda against our club, or am I totally mistaken?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 2hoots said:

I haven’t read the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned that the Chairman of EFL is Rick Parry, Liverpool born and bred, educated at Liverpool University. Lifelong Liverpool supporter. Ex Chief Executive of Liverpool FC and member of EUFA investigation and Financial Fair Play Board - coincidentally stepped down from this role in October 2019.

Do I sense the possibility of an agenda against our club, or am I totally mistaken?

FFS

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Neon Nick said:

How is he running the Club into the ground?  Legal nonsense aside, when was the last time YOU saw Wednesday, on the Pitch, looking so good?  He's probably not happy about the FFP battle, none of us are, but he ain't jumping ship just because it's getting  tough, and he's never made any money, been 5 years now about making no money, but Wednesday keeps looking better on the pitch  want's to keep spending HIS money, thing is the LAW (laugh) says he can't.  Fuuck FFP.

Hmmmmm

25 minutes ago, Neon Nick said:

Leicester, Leeds and Liverpool are examples of clubs who sold their best players and ultimately became better as a result.

The nuanced thought processes that ambitious clubs inhibit are seemingly bereft at Hillsborough as we charge on with hapless, expensive and debilitating signings as we lumber through another season with an average age squad 5 years older than it should be.

How on earth are we going to be able to offer new contracts to the limited talent we have when we have been run so unsustainably? Within the next 12-18 months we are essentially going to have to build a totally new team under very tight restrictions.

3 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

Leicester, Leeds and Liverpool are examples of clubs who sold their best players and ultimately became better as a result.

The nuanced thought processes that ambitious clubs inhibit are seemingly bereft at Hillsborough as we charge on with hapless, expensive and debilitating signings as we lumber through another season with an average age squad 5 years older than it should be.

How on earth are we going to be able to offer new contracts to the limited talent we have when we have been run so unsustainably? Within the next 12-18 months we are essentially going to have to build a totally new team under very tight restrictions.

Absolutely correct.

At the heart of this is that Chansiri has very little knowledge of how football works. Coupled with the fact that he is clearly impervious to advice and you have a recipe for disaster. He has bet the farm on promotion, lost and now has no clue how to get us back on track by selling players.

Problem is that it is not just the finances that he has trashed. Over the last four years ticket prices have been some of the highest in the league, alienating long standing supporters. The commercial arm of the club has totally stagnated due to exorbitant pricing- as demonstrated every home game by the darkened executive boxes. The stadium has been separated from the club, making us incredibly vulnerable to a rogue owner booting us out of our stadium of 120 years. 

How anyone can say they are proud of the chairman is beyond me. This is a guy who's mismanagement has meant we have almost constantly been in conflict with one authority or other- SYP, SAG, EFL. 

It really is time fans woke up and smelt the coffee, or they will very soon be dragging themselves to Forest Green. 

34 minutes ago, 2hoots said:

No mate. We are just shambolically run. The whole Liverpool conspiracy thing is embarrassing. 

21 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Absolutely correct.

At the heart of this is that Chansiri has very little knowledge of how football works. Coupled with the fact that he is clearly impervious to advice and you have a recipe for disaster. He has bet the farm on promotion, lost and now has no clue how to get us back on track by selling players.

Problem is that it is not just the finances that he has trashed. Over the last four years ticket prices have been some of the highest in the league, alienating long standing supporters. The commercial arm of the club has totally stagnated due to exorbitant pricing- as demonstrated every home game by the darkened executive boxes. The stadium has been separated from the club, making us incredibly vulnerable to a rogue owner booting us out of our stadium of 120 years. 

How anyone can say they are proud of the chairman is beyond me. This is a guy who's mismanagement has meant we have almost constantly been in conflict with one authority or other- SYP, SAG, EFL. 

It really is time fans woke up and smelt the coffee, or they will very soon be dragging themselves to Forest Green. 

100%.

The selective blindness and deafness is disgraceful.

He'll carry on doing it, while ever it's condoned.

Nobody wants him to go, we just want him to run us properly and sustainably, with a long term plan.

Struggle to understand why the Apologists and club employees can't grasp this.

1 hour ago, 2hoots said:

27 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

No mate. We are just shambolically run. The whole Liverpool conspiracy thing is embarrassing. 

Whist I agree that it may be improbable, it's certainly not implausible.

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

100%.

The selective blindness and deafness is disgraceful.

He'll carry on doing it, while ever it's condoned.

Nobody wants him to go, we just want him to run us properly and sustainably, with a long term plan.

Struggle to understand why the Apologists and club employees can't grasp this.

Nobody wants him to go,really,i mean really ?

There were people dancing round the maypole high fiving each other on here when he said/announced the club was up for sale at the fans forum,saying it would be for the good of swfc if he did leave,those folks haven't disappeared or changed their minds..............nobody wants him to leave.............behave.

46 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

Are we now holding those two clubs as a shining example of how to be run,forgetting the small matter of those two clubs shafting all and sundry and then came out smelling of roses................................not for me Arthur.

4 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

There were people dancing round the maypole high fiving each other on here when he said/announced the club was up for sale at the fans forum,saying it would be for the good of swfc if he did leave,those folks haven't disappeared or changed their minds..............nobody wants him to leave.............behave.

Personally, I think him leaving would be a positive thing- but only if he could be trusted to hand us over to someone reputable. Sadly based on most of DC's decisions so far I don't really have much confidence in that regard. 

4 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

My opinion is if he doesn't mend his ways it's probably best long term he does leave. If he runs the club properly and sensibly then I don't think people will have anything against him.  The problem is we are in a short term pickle that he is going to have to get us out of. 

I can see why people like him - he has sunk money in like nobody else ever. I just happen to not agree with some of the things he's done and feel he's spunked his money foolishly and that could leave us in a right mess. 

1 hour ago, Neon Nick said:

All of this reminds me of Chamberlain, coming back from a conference with hitler, after being bullied by Hitler and told that if England does NOT agree, that he, hitler, will be even more mad.   Then, Churchill steps up and says fuuck you hitler, let's have a go. And the RAF, severely out-classed, shot the Nazis, out of the sky, and they never came back for another dose.  Same here.

The EFL is going to get the same, because ONE Club, says fuuck you and the horse you rode in on, let's have at it.  That Club would  be Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.  Hat's off and raise a glass to DC.

Identical situation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3