Proud of the chairman

3 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Depends how deep his pockets are.  FFP isn't just an EFL thing- all the major footballing bodies have their own version of it. It's up to the clubs  - which are the entities that make up the EFL - to comply with the rules or face the consequences if they don't. 

Should be a level playing field across all leagues including PL. Otherwise biased to PL clubs or is it supposed to be that way.

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

No they dont they can simple say a court has found them not guilty and we will take our lead from them.  Not rocket science

Exactly, I tend to think that if the courts say not guilty that's the end of it. If not why have a court system if we decide justice based on thinking sooner guilty rather than evidence based.

19 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Exactly, I tend to think that if the courts say not guilty that's the end of it. If not why have a court system if we decide justice based on thinking sooner guilty rather than evidence based.

Who says it's not evidence based? It's just a differing level of proof based on the evidence. The differing levels of proof required in civil and criminal cases is long established. It wasn't invented to catch FF out. It's just a difference between probably guilty and guilty without reasonable doubt.Civil courts use  a lower standard of proof that criminal ones.  

Are you saying the entire foundation of British justice should be amended so FF gets off a 6 match ban?   I sense a touch of Contrary Maryism. 

Edited by rickygoo
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Who says it's not evidence based? It's just a differing level of proof based on the evidence. The differing levels of proof required in civil and criminal cases is long established. It wasn't invented to catch FF out. It's just a difference between probably guilty and guilty without reasonable doubt.Civil courts use  a lower standard of proof that criminal ones.  

Are you saying the entire foundation of British justice should be amended so FF gets off a 6 match ban?   I sense a touch of Contrary Maryism. 

No it's just common sense.  

Just now, rickygoo said:

It really isn't. The civil justice system would have to be totally overhauled  - something no-one except supporters of FF seem to be calling for. 

So he gets found not guilty of a crime, then found guilty by a bunch of laymen using their own rules so now marked as a racist on their say so.  

Doesn't seem like justice to me.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

It really isn't. The civil justice system would have to be totally overhauled  - something no-one except supporters of FF seem to be calling for. 

FF wasn't convicted with the civil justice system. He was convicted with the EFL make it up as you go along system.

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So he gets found not guilty of a crime, then found guilty by a bunch of laymen using their own rules so now marked as a racist on their say so.  

Doesn't seem like justice to me.

A judge would disagree. I'll take his his or her opinion ta. 

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

FF wasn't convicted with the civil justice system. He was convicted with the EFL make it up as you go along system.

But in principle the imposition of a penalty by the EFL is subject to review within the civil justice system. If there were a case that there was breach of natural justice, or manifest unreasonableness, for example, it might have been possible to challenge this. 

It's hard to see this is the case, and indeed there was no appeal.

Again, the point isn't so much whether the EFL was right or wrong. It's bafflement that people seem to think that a decision of this kind is going to mirror a decision in criminal law. There really is nothing unusual or remarkable about what happened

Just now, thewookieisdown said:

But in principle the imposition of a penalty by the EFL is subject to review within the civil justice system. If there were a case that there was breach of natural justice, or manifest unreasonableness, for example, it might have been possible to challenge this. 

It's hard to see this is the case, and indeed there was no appeal.

Again, the point isn't so much whether the EFL was right or wrong. It's bafflement that people seem to think that a decision of this kind is going to mirror a decision in criminal law. There really is nothing unusual or remarkable about what happened

or the FA WTF:

I also think, if he’s going to go at them, he’s maybe better off attacking them for anti competitive practices and bowing to parachute payments from PL rather than our own issues. We might gain traction with that from other clubs, it’d maybe even lead to an eventual push towards a PL2. I don’t necessarily want one, but I want what’s best for Wednesday.

2 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

If, and it’s a big if, he is correct that the EFL have effed up, then great, go at them, fight our corner. If he wins then kudos to him and I may verge on respect / pride in him.

As it is I fear the worst and that, unless our appeal is watertight, we are digging our own grave.

Pack it up, pack it in, let me begin
Chansiri came to win, battle EFL, is that just a sin
He won't ever slack up, EFL you'd  better back up.....  Jump up and get down big Tuna's back in town.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1