Proud of the chairman

44 minutes ago, Veredisquo said:

21 points is worse than 9- it’s all hypothetical at this stage anyway

It is indeed, and bearing in mind the punishment Birmingham got it looks like we’re already looking at much more than 9. Rolling over and just accepting the charge as you suggest will likely get the thing you’re hoping we avoid. Plus, you know, why should we if we feel we aren’t guilty of misconduct.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

It is indeed, and bearing in mind the punishment Birmingham got it looks like we’re already looking at much more than 9. Rolling over and just accepting the charge as you suggest will likely get the thing you’re hoping we avoid. Plus, you know, why should we if we feel we aren’t guilty of misconduct.

You have to accept the EFL rules, Guilty until proven Guilty.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Using that formula , how many clubs in the Championship are technically Insolvent ?

Randomly I quickly looked at Bristol City and Barnsley - net assets of 6 and 9 million respectively. A position that could disintegrate with losses. But like I said I am interested in Wednesday. 

7 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Using that formula , how many clubs in the Championship are technically Insolvent ?

Virtually every club in the entire league if there chairman walked away and demanded there money back would be in trouble I would imagine.

19 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

That's not clear cut at all.

Section 21 of the new Companies Act 71 of 2008 provides for an exception to the rule that a person cannot bind a non-existent principal, which determines that a person may act as an agent for a company to be formed. The Act states in section 21(1) that a person may enter into a written agreement in the name of, or purport to act in the name of, or on behalf of, an entity that is contemplated to be incorporated in terms of this Act, but does not yet exist at the time.

I remember when football was fun...

• Like 2

IF DC can afford a top lawyer and he has evidence from the EFL that is misleading in their advice.

One thing we do know is that the clubs soft embargo was lifted and that there was a dialogue going on between both parties.

We will soon see if DC lodges a legal case and whether this ends up in court, if the evidence is strong against the EFL then I would  expect 

them to back of.We can only wait and see.

4 hours ago, Hookowl said:

Section 21 of the new Companies Act 71 of 2008 provides for an exception to the rule that a person cannot bind a non-existent principal, which determines that a person may act as an agent for a company to be formed. The Act states in section 21(1) that a person may enter into a written agreement in the name of, or purport to act in the name of, or on behalf of, an entity that is contemplated to be incorporated in terms of this Act, but does not yet exist at the time.

You tell him Hookowl and you could explain for his benefit the concept of deals done on a Handshake or gentleman's  agreement for the paperwork to be completed at a later date. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Like I said no point rowing about accounting semantics  -we'll just go round in circles. It wasn't flagrant misuse. It was an interpretation of the balance sheet as reflected in the accounts. So if your reply wasn't about the accounts it wasn't about the specifics of my comment - it was about how you chose to interpret it.  

Creative interpretation

4 hours ago, Big Jack said:

IF DC can afford a top lawyer and he has evidence from the EFL that is misleading in their advice.

One thing we do know is that the clubs soft embargo was lifted and that there was a dialogue going on between both parties.

We will soon see if DC lodges a legal case and whether this ends up in court, if the evidence is strong against the EFL then I would  expect 

them to back of.We can only wait and see.

At the rate I'm buying John West tuna at $6 a can I could pay for one myself.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hookowl said:

Also, a business doesnt have to be incorporated in order to exist and trade. He could have set the business up as a sole trader or partnership. Pretty unlikely but still possible. 

On 04/12/2019 at 12:04, SallyCinnamon said:

Proud? We really do accept poo as a fanbase don't we.

I'm not the EFL's biggest fan, but it's terrible we are even in this position in the first place. It could easily have been avoidable if the football club was ran sustainably and properly. 

What club in the EFL is run "sustainably".  I'll wait, because they are none.  

The system is rigged.  

• Thanks 1

On 04/12/2019 at 19:26, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I'm not sure

How can a system that rewards failure (parachute payments) but doesn't allow rich chairmen to invest money, be ligit

Go Dejphon.

Exactly. And how can the same EFL that didn't protect Bury, Bolton or Blackpool claim that this is for the right reasons. Rules are rules, I know, but DC wants to invest with potentially no returns. The systems foooked. They weren't sticking their noses on when "Sir" Dave Richards was foookin the job up here. 

• Thanks 1