Lets not forget one thing.

I have heard a lot of Chansiri bashing and also read a lot given the recent news but lets not forget that the gamble he made in his big spending almost came off when we lost in the playoff final, if we had won that game all this would not exsist. We rolled the dice for the first time in almost 15 years and now we are paying the price but it could have all been different. for me personally I still can't get over not beating Huddersfield the following season, we would have easily beaten Reading at Wembly as they where a very poor team fortunate to find themselves in that position.

So blame Chansiri all you want and of course he should be held accountable but if that 90 mins @ Wembley had gone differently the gamble pays off and its happily ever after.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Lump On said:

I have heard a lot of Chansiri bashing and also read a lot given the recent news but lets not forget that the gamble he made in his big spending almost came off when we lost in the playoff final, if we had won that game all this would not exsist. We rolled the dice for the first time in almost 15 years and now we are paying the price but it could have all been different. for me personally I still can't get over not beating Huddersfield the following season, we would have easily beaten Reading at Wembly as they where a very poor team fortunate to find themselves in that position.

So blame Chansiri all you want and of course he should be held accountable but if that 90 mins @ Wembley had gone differently the gamble pays off and its happily ever after.

Get ready fella.

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Get ready fella.

Its a fact though, he gave us the money to build a team that twice finished in the Playoffs and twice bottled it, now you can blame Carlos and I do for the Huddersfield game but ultimately as any gambler knows, there's a risk to everything. I fully expected half the team to be sold in the summer and I think its a miricle that we still have a capable team today given the doom and gloom that was forcasted at the end of last season.

• Like 1

Just now, Lump On said:

Its a fact though, he gave us the money to build a team that twice finished in the Playoffs and twice bottled it, now you can blame Carlos and I do for the Huddersfield game but ultimately as any gambler knows, there's a risk to everything. I fully expected half the team to be sold in the summer and I think its a miricle that we still have a capable team today given the doom and gloom that was forcasted at the end of last season.

The spine of that team was already in place, intact it's still in place now.

Dress it up how you, he hasn't got a clue what he is doing and needs to sell up before our team and his money end up going down the pan together.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lump On said:

He also inflated the prices for everything at the club and took OUR money with him.

It was his duty to look after the clubs interests and not put us into a position we now find oursleves in,he oversaw the running of the club,its his responsibility for the financial mess.

It should never have come to selling the ground,but to **** that up as well is just beyond incompetent.

The club is a national laughing stock.

In three short years our neighbours have stormed past us from a division below at a cost of 10M quid,weve spent 57M and now have the oldest squad in the division,with yet anorther mid table finish looming

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

He also inflated the prices for everything at the club and took OUR money with him.

It was his duty to look after the clubs interests and not put us into a position we now find oursleves in,he oversaw the running of the club,its his responsibility for the financial mess.

It should never have come to selling the ground,but to **** that up as well is just beyond incompetent.

In three short years our neighbours have stormed past us from a division below at a cost of 10M quid,weve spent 57M and now have the oldest squad in the division,with yet anorther mid table finish looming

Pending getting bent over and arsed fizzed by the EFL that's the best we can hope for.

2 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

No one nationally gives swfc a thought.

Its taken dem blavdes 8 years to pass us,not 3.

I applaud the fact that Chansiri has dipped his hand in his pocket but I think he’s displayed a dangerous level of arrogance that he knows best ,he dispensed with his financial advisor and followed the ruse of selling the ground , anyone with GCSE maths or O level in the bleedin obvious could have figured out that the gains couldn’t be offset against the losses from a different year and here we are !! 
we like to think he’s got the financial clout and the cash to pay for good advice but is he ? 

8 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Took OUR money with him? I attend 40+ matches every season and if I pay inflated prices, IT IS MY CHOICE, no one has ever held a gun to my head to force me or, I suggest, you. Chansiri is likely to lose a lot more than you or me in the final analysis. If you don't wish to pay the prices, inflated or not, then don't.

• Like 2

Yes, well. He gambled. He shouldn't have. I am not grateful to him for gambling. I deplore it.

He should have taken measured risks. He told us that is what he was doing. He didn't spend anywhere near enough to lock in promotion - it's doubtful that he could have done, and that's fine.

In 2016 we beat Brighton and lost to Hull. Both sides were clearly better than us. Yes, we disappointed against Hull, but they were a far more experienced and expensive team and went into it as clear favourites.

In 2017 we did really well to come fourth; could and should have beaten Huddersfield (would have done if Wallace hadn't been injured early?); might have beaten Reading, but might not. After all, they beat us at Hillsborough a tad fortunately that spring; winning a tad fortunately was there thing. Put another way: gpoing into the 2017 play offs Fulham were favourites; we had a good chance; but we most certainly didn't have an odds on chance. It was an opportunity but it was more likely that we would fail than succeed.

Near misses, and that is the nature of it. Derby have been coming some variety of close for years now, longer than us.

So. One of two things is true. Either he deliberately went all in knowing that the cost of failure was ruinous; or he went all in not knowing that he had done so - not knowing that he was taking such risk.

The first of these is outrageous to the point is almost seems criminal. Any non-owner of a business pursuing such a strategy would be sacked, Any ordinary director endorsing such a strategy would rightly be disqualifiued

I believe he second to have been true. That he didn't understand what he had bought. That he was sold far too optimistic a view of probability of getting promoted. That he didn't understand he could do everything right for five years and still there be a good chance of not getting promotion, That he took no or poor advice on FFP rules.

He appears to be a lethal combination of not being very bright but also being very stubborn

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Blue and white said:

The spine of that team was already in place, intact it's still in place now.

Dress it up how you, he hasn't got a clue what he is doing and needs to sell up before our team and his money end up going down the pan together.

You're not going to give him credit for anything so what's the point of discussing his actions?  If he won the Premiership you would still find reason to criticise his actions.     

Seems to me you have a personal agenda against him and this is clouding your judgement.

23 minutes ago, Snowyowl61 said:

Took OUR money with him? I attend 40+ matches every season and if I pay inflated prices, IT IS MY CHOICE, no one has ever held a gun to my head to force me or, I suggest, you. Chansiri is likely to lose a lot more than you or me in the final analysis. If you don't wish to pay the prices, inflated or not, then don't.

I agree.  Chansiri  put in £40m by way of loans in the last set of accounts and he is owed £78m by the club. So he has Loads to lose!  The company has been bleeding cash for years and it is only Chansiri’s loans that prop it up. The problem is that over the last three years, the club has lost £10m, £21m and then £36m (before the profit on the stadium) so an average of 22.3m per annum. With no more family gold to sell, the FFP problem is going to remain until that wage bill is reduced to around £20m pa. Even then we’ll lose over £10m a year and Chansiri will need to keep putting money in to the tune of £17.5m a year. The sale of the stadium on deferred terms just increased the amount of cash going out by £7.5m which he will no doubt take and put back in. How much more has he got to spare? We’re gonna have to get promoted just to pay his loans off!  He won’t be able to sell the company in its current state unless he finds another benefactor who doesn’t care about their money going down the pan. Worrying times! 

10 hours ago, Lump On said:

Think its more the fact we are in a very negative position in terms of FFP which is something we should have planned for after the Playoff defeats. The knock on effect of these embargos and the potential of this stadium sale could set us back years. Appalling planning that some fans just will not accept. Its been quite shocking really. 

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Think its more the fact we are in a very negative position in terms of FFP which is something we should have planned for after the Playoff defeats. The knock on effect of these embargos and the potential of this stadium sale could set us back years. Appalling planning that some fans just will not accept. Its been quite shocking really. 

Not sure there was any planning at all.

That's why so many people are disappointed at the position we find ourselves in after 2 embarrassing embargoes.