Lets not forget one thing.

10 hours ago, Lump On said:

So blame Chansiri all you want and of course he should be held accountable but if that 90 mins @ Wembley had gone differently the gamble pays off and its happily ever after.

The trouble is it didn't, and we're not. I'm surprised at the number of people who think that failing by a small margin counts as a partial success given that the consequences were so severe.

I think Chansiri is a well meaning man who probably does care about the club but who is, or was, rather inexperienced in the ways of English football. He probably genuinely believed that a big budget + a continental  coach with an extensive CV equalled nailed on success.

I can remember the days when we didn't have a pot to p*** in and players were paying their own travel costs to matches, so now we've got a wealthy owner I'm cautious about wanting a change of ownership. I just hope that DC is smart enough to learn lessons from his mistakes, or at least to take advice from people who know and understand the domestic leagues. He does at least seem to have lost interest in continental coaches, which maybe is a sign that the penny is starting to drop, but there's another harsh lesson looming.

Much as I despise our pungent neighbours across the city, they've shown how it's possible to turn a sinking ship around with the right manager and shrewd, affordable recruitment. When our current s***storm finally abates Chansiri could do worse than look at how they did it.

Swfc should be working like mad to get advertising revenue in. We are a big historic club. With a unique name and we should be promoting that. We shouldn't have to advertise businesses which don't exist.  

Also when a offer comes in for a player if it's a good offer we should sell. Not hang on like we used to . 

Such a shame that a club like ours finds ouself in a bit of a mess when you consider our history. 

Let's not forget another thing...

After 4 and a half years we are still no further forward than we were then..

Despite spunking millions on transfer fees and wages on players who barely played a handful of games..

And now £60 million in debt with this dodgy ground sale..

Read it and weep ..

I know I do..

The joys of being a Wednesdayite ..

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Snowyowl61 said:

Took OUR money with him? I attend 40+ matches every season and if I pay inflated prices, IT IS MY CHOICE, no one has ever held a gun to my head to force me or, I suggest, you. Chansiri is likely to lose a lot more than you or me in the final analysis. If you don't wish to pay the prices, inflated or not, then don't.

Hes got a heck of a lot more dosh to lose than the average fan on the kop,I dont see too many millionaires sat there

Where would we be if he hadn't bought us? Who else was willing to step in and spend millions? Who else is gonna buy us and spend millions more. We haven't gained promotion, yet. We don't have a god given right just because we're Wednesday and a hell of a lot of our fans feel entitled.

We've failed I our aim, so far. The owner also owns all the debt and he can cover that debt. Many clubs worse off than ourselves.

Grow up. Show some solidarity with the man who put his money where his mouth is and support him and the club and fight and argue with the EFL about their practises rather than causing a civil war.

15 hours ago, Lump On said:

I have heard a lot of Chansiri bashing and also read a lot given the recent news but lets not forget that the gamble he made in his big spending almost came off when we lost in the playoff final, if we had won that game all this would not exsist. We rolled the dice for the first time in almost 15 years and now we are paying the price but it could have all been different. for me personally I still can't get over not beating Huddersfield the following season, we would have easily beaten Reading at Wembly as they where a very poor team fortunate to find themselves in that position.

So blame Chansiri all you want and of course he should be held accountable but if that 90 mins @ Wembley had gone differently the gamble pays off and its happily ever after.

nearly isn’t good enough though is it 

15 hours ago, Lump On said:

I have heard a lot of Chansiri bashing and also read a lot given the recent news but lets not forget that the gamble he made in his big spending almost came off when we lost in the playoff final, if we had won that game all this would not exsist. We rolled the dice for the first time in almost 15 years and now we are paying the price but it could have all been different. for me personally I still can't get over not beating Huddersfield the following season, we would have easily beaten Reading at Wembly as they where a very poor team fortunate to find themselves in that position.

LUMP ON 

2 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

Where would we be if he hadn't bought us? Who else was willing to step in and spend millions? Who else is gonna buy us and spend millions more. We haven't gained promotion, yet. We don't have a god given right just because we're Wednesday and a hell of a lot of our fans feel entitled.

We've failed I our aim, so far. The owner also owns all the debt and he can cover that debt. Many clubs worse off than ourselves.

Grow up. Show some solidarity with the man who put his money where his mouth is and support him and the club and fight and argue with the EFL about their practises rather than causing a civil war.

We would be in probably the same place as we are now....have a look...We haven't bloody moved have we?

AFTER all the money spent, players bought...

Rhodes Abdi, emmanuelson, Van Aken etc..ALL bloody mistakes.....

Chansiri, took over the club, ran it in a dictatorial way...I have no problem with that..As long as it bloody works...It hasn't...So its a mistake and its mainly down to him.

Theres no getting away from it.

The ridiculous pricing..A mistake....I KNOW he's put millions in...cos he's got millions!...We haven't.

Theres no way around this....he's culpable.

I'm not gonna wear a hair shirt and pretend I'm some sort of martyr for attending...I enjoy going, when I stop enjoying going ..I'll f.ookin' stop going..no apologies nor excuses.

Some have HAD to stop going cos they can't afford it..Thats bloody wrong..even if its 2 or 3 Wednesday fans...Thats wrong!

Like ive said....He tried, he splashed the cash, fair play to him..I honestly hope he keeps at it, but don't p *ss down me back and tell me its raining...Mistakes were made...He has to own them, the same as we all do when we happen, how ever well intentioned, to get things wrong..he's got things wrong, he's human, we ALL do it!

Someone please explain to me how Delphjon is blameless?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, kilnhurstowl said:

Swfc should be working like mad to get advertising revenue in. We are a big historic club. With a unique name and we should be promoting that. We shouldn't have to advertise businesses which don't exist.  

Also when a offer comes in for a player if it's a good offer we should sell. Not hang on like we used to . 

Such a shame that a club like ours finds ouself in a bit of a mess when you consider our history. 

we have made some errors, in buying, holding onto, selection, of players. for me it stems from a man with plenty of money, and his wish to take wednesday into the premier league, but little depth of football in england knowledge.

for me again, we should have done our best to keep gray, but we put our eggs in what turned out to be the wrong basket managerially, and perhaps dc had some poor advice given him (you can delete the 'perhaps' if you are a realist).

we chucked money all over when we could have got by with 4/5 players, one season on and the wembley failure behind us we still needed the 4/5 players, 12 months on and the 'uddersfield debacle now in our history and we still needed 4 of the 5 players, but a ****ing fortune has been spent.

all the things that have dragged us to the present situation can only have come from a lack of experience within the club. with dc himself had no great depth of footballing knowledge, and I'm failing to see who at the club could have provided an experienced and helping influence. 

but let none of you ever forget, this man stumped up the money, and stood at the plate when someone needed to, and from memory one hell of a lot of our support was over the moon with his takeover, and hailed him as almost godlike at the time. the clubs in a bloody mess, and I really feel for the guy.

for me, though some will ague against (and of course that is allowed) don't let a tramp hold your fish n' chips whilst you nip back in for a fork.

@asteener1867 has been in imperious form these last couple of days. A succession of tremendous posts that do away with the misty-eyed romanticism and blind loyalty and just sticks to the brutal reality and it's potential implications.

Chansiri deserves credit for his efforts, and no doubt he would have happily accepted the plaudits if we'd been promoted. By the same token, he has to accept the criticism of his mistakes and the culpability for putting us now in a position of severe threat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely hate this argument. Thanks for a nice day out at Wembley where we failed. FFS. 20 years outside the Premier League has really given our fans a losers mentality. 

I’d rather have a chairman who protects the clubs best interests and doesn’t put us in a position where we are transfer embargo’d and face a hefty points deduction. That’s reckless. Since Forestieri smashed that penalty straight at the Huddersfield keeper this club has been a bit of a walking joke going from disaster to disaster.

Having said that this past window, the recruitment, loaning players out, selling a player and the fan engagement on social media - suggests DC is learning and we are gradually being ran properly. But this is a price we will all pay for 2 years of nonsensical signings and terrible advice. 

Take the punishment and never get in this position again. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

@asteener1867 has been in imperious form these last couple of days. A succession of tremendous posts that do away with the misty-eyed romanticism and blind loyalty and just sticks to the brutal reality and it's potential implications.

Chansiri deserves credit for his efforts, and no doubt he would have happily accepted the plaudits if we'd been promoted. By the same token, he has to accept the criticism of his mistakes and the culpability for putting us now in a position of severe threat.

What frightens most folk...but I doubt they would post it..Is Delphjon Chansiri, taking this criticism to heart and walking...

I fully understand that, because it is a worry and he was not far from doing it the other year.

So is that it?

Life as a Wednesday fan, meekly  accepting crass errors, swingeing prices etc...simply because we are frightened of Delphjon Chansiri throwing the towel in??

I simply hope he gets it right, but this is a worrying mess...Yea..I'm bedwetting I suppose.....but fearing the worst and hoping for the best has long been the lot of an Owls fan...

I'll carry on with that attitude thanks...rather than standing on the tracks in the tunnel sayin'

"Nah, thats a light...not a train................."

Whatever we think of DC , giving him vitriol and hounding him out of the club will do us no favours.

Unless someone comes along and buys DC out , then we are stuck with him for the foreseeable. 

Last thing we want is DC to refuse to invest anymore and then disappear back to Thailand leaving us to rot. 

1 minute ago, Big Jack said:

Whatever we think of DC , giving him vitriol and hounding him out of the club will do us no favours.

Unless someone comes along and buys DC out , then we are stuck with him for the foreseeable. 

Last thing we want is DC to refuse to invest anymore and then disappear back to Thailand leaving us to rot. 

So he fizzes up but because he fizzes up so badly we daren’t criticise him? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Not seen any malice towards him. Seen plenty thanking him for his efforts but rightly stating it's time to move on. 

Most of the criticism just seems to be asking him to get help, a proper plan, and ditch the short term sticking plaster odd deals.

Most don't seem to want him to move on.

I personally, I'd much rather he sort his own mess out. If he did, we'd have a great Chairman.

Edited by Mr Farrell