Man of the match & scores Blackburn (A)

1 hour ago, 4evaowl said:

Can someone get some more confidence into him and coach him to overlap a bit more (particularly at home) as when he does so he often puts a good quality ball in.

Agree

Mentioned this last season, Fox is very good crosser of the ball. He wraps his foot around the ball which gives it a bit of bend pace and a lower trajectory.

My issue with Fox until Bruce's came in was his defensive positioning, often letting the wide player get ahead of him. Pleased to say this is not now an issue.

It looks to me like Fox,s confidence is rightly growing and he could be worth trying on free kicks and corners.

1 hour ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Agree

Mentioned this last season, Fox is very good crosser of the ball. He wraps his foot around the ball which gives it a bit of bend pace and a lower trajectory.

My issue with Fox until Bruce's came in was his defensive positioning, often letting the wide player get ahead of him. Pleased to say this is not now an issue.

It looks to me like Fox,s confidence is rightly growing and he could be worth trying on free kicks and corners.

That's not a bad shout. Our corners yesterday were awful and I don't rate Bannans that highly either. I know others think they are ok.

Westwood 8 MOM

Palmer 5 

Iorfa 7 

Borner 6

Fox 7 

Hutch 6 

Joey 5 

Lee 7 

Reach 5 

Fletcher 6 

Harris 5

Fessi 6

Nuhiu 6 

Murphy 6

We struggled up front because Harris and Reach were so quiet and because Joey wasted nearly all our corners. I was surprised how well Kieran Lee kept going to the end, showing many glimpses of his former talents. Westwood kept us in it.

3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Harris seems to be slowly disappearing, like he's got bored.  

I don't think he has got bored or is hiding.

I think the other way.

Before, he was an unknown quantity.

Now, managers have worked out that he is our only release ball, and our only major threat.

They have stopped the supply to him most of the time now, and when he does get it there are usually two defenders with him.

I still think he is trying his best, he is just being marshalled better by teams.

I would like to see him just have a free role, go where he wants to shake it up a bit, instead of sticking to the wing all the time.

That might leave Fox a bit vulnerable if we lose the ball, but if we are going to play with mostly defensive midfielders, it should get covered.

4 hours ago, McRightSide said:

He definitely hasn’t got bored but it’s either:

1. one step over down the line and then stand it up to the far post

2. zero step overs and cut inside for a - usually wayward - shot to the far post

Once you know that, it’s not that difficult to combat.

People knew what Chris Waddle was going to do :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

Waddle was a world level player. Harris is a championship level player. 

This, Harris is giving his all, if he was a 9./10 rating every match he'd be playing for a Premier League team.

But he's not, which is why we've got him. He's having a good season, let's not expect too much from him. The last thing we want is another Adam Reach syndrome. 

17 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Not biting WTF:

The point I was making is that you said he will either go past you on the left or the right which hardly makes him predictable does it? It is also true that Monk should take him to one side and tell him that he has more than one option once he gets inside.

He can't guarantee that Julian Borner will be stood there waiting to flick his wild shots back on target :biggrin:

4 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

The point I was making is that you said he will either go past you on the left or the right which hardly makes him predictable does it? It is also true that Monk should take him to one side and tell him that he has more than one option once he gets inside.

He can't guarantee that Julian Borner will be stood there waiting to flick his wild shots back on target :biggrin:

Of course it makes him predictable. He will do one of two things to try and get past you.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Westwood by a mile. Borner and Iorfa at fault for the goals but nobody says anything because they are ‘fan favorites’.